Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Celtic

56 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

😄  That kind of comment is not too far off some of the dweeby comments on social media and elsewhere Ive seen though. We fairly manage to find ways of deflating optimism.Despite Ramandanis departure catching us a bit off guard,saw someone saying it was 'pathetic' we didnt have a replacement lined up  

Not that I expect anything from today,...a good showing and respectable scoreline I'll take this time round. 

Prediction 2 - 2  Clarkson,Rubezic thunderbolt

Agree. Signing good players is hard! It also gives polvara morris and Duncan an opportunity to show they are capable of contributing. From the team today I don’t see them as being long term starters and expect at least 3 more signings, which could include loans on the very last day of the window. The bullshit timing of the window and our league starting means we cannot really judge the squad in august, we have to be patient and hope things go our way this month.

• Like 1

Encouraging 45 mins. Duncan needs to sort out his first touch, other than that he's been okay. Odd to see Rubezic overlapping and getting to the edge of the box but I like it, it appears Robson wants him to target Nawrocki.

Shinnie - needless foul for first goal apart - been excellent, as has Duk. 

Just really frustrating as we should be at least level.

2 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

Oh. And morris hasn’t been shite!

For the first time ever there's been the faintest trace of anticipation when Morris strides forward with the ball, instead of an overbearing acceptance of imminent disappointment.

Polvara looking pretty good too.

• Like 1

I hate losing but I can accept that. We gave it our best, loved the attitude. Can’t criticize anyone, good performances all around but special mention to ruby, very good player. We really lacked a number 10/center mid to help clarkson. Not a dig at shinnie or polvara but we lacked quality there resulting in too much long ball.

1 minute ago, Slim said:

Another game, another baffling lack of substitutes.

Wouldn’t say it’s baffling, just a lack of options. Besuijen and Bavidge were the only unused attacking subs and I wouldn’t expect either of them to have made a difference. The team was playing well so no point making changes just for the sake of it.

1 minute ago, OxfordDon said:

Sky commentary is insufferable, you wonder if they even bother to check who the other team is each week.

Red tv is the way to go. Very enjoyable commentating, Rob is great and every guest does well discussing the game. Costs you but a good donation to the club!