Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Celtic

Last home game against them was the beginning of the Jim Goodwin horror series. Showed no ambition, time wasted from the first minute, and eventually lost late on.

Since then, Barry Robson has faced Celtic twice as a manager and has lost both to an aggregate of 9-0.

So I can only suggest it can't get any worse this weekend. Good time to get Celtic while their defence is unsettled, and Ross County scored twice against them on the opening day so they are there to be got at.

My worry is we look a bit one-dimensional so far. Clarkson goes deep and hits it long to Miovski and Duk. We need either good wingers or an attacking midfielder, otherwise we'll struggle to hurt Celtic.

But we'll win it 1-0, Jack Mackenzie the match winner. 

• Like 1

Just found out that earliest I can get to Aberdeen on Sunday on the train is 1147 so now having to stay over on the Saturday night. This just gets better. Looking like no new players in now so same team as Saturday. Saw nothing from that performance to suggest we will get anything other than soundly beaten. 

In

breakfast in town

Y

Pub then train back to Capital. 

3-0 no Dons scorer. 

Hard to be positive for this one. Only thing we have is it’s at home. I assume it’s safe to say besuijen is done at the club? Had hoped Robson coming back would be a good sign and opportunity for him to find some form. We need something creative and losing both Ramadani and McCrorie in the same window has been a massive blow to the spine of the team. Hopefully the management don’t persist on the hoof ball tactic, Celtic will just sweep it up. 

had hoped we’d see a signing or two before this game but I guess it’s going to happen at the end of the month. May get scales post Celtic game but we need someone to work as a foil for shinnie to enable Clarkson to play.

is McDonald back for this one? Will be too soon for McGarry if he has arrived but assume they’re still over in Oz.

out

bed

work

work

4-0, no dons scorer.

Aye, this is going to be pish. Really need to work out what we're doing in midfield. MacDonald being back would be good, but to come in against the tims without a preseason is a lot to ask. Need to get Devlin into wing back either way and Morris onto that virgin galactic flight. I'd have Shinnie and Polvara or Barron sitting in front of the defence with Clarkson in front of them. Be prepared to take Duk off if he's not pulling his weight.

I'm feeling alright about it, celtic weren't exactly convincing at the weekend.  Our defence looked far more capable against livi than theirs did conceding 2 and plenty more chances to county.  We will also have a lot more space to play with against them and I expect us to cause them problems.  If we scored first I think they would be a lot more unsettled by it than they would have been last season. 

Score draw or a dons win.  

We should be targeting Ralston at RB for them. He's their weakest link. 

I think we'll definitely score, which is more than we did last season in four games against them. However, keeping them out at the other end is the second biggest challenge in Scottish football at the moment behind not conceding a penalty to Rangers.

1 hour ago, Panda said:

It's been changed and the person responsible has lost their visiting privileges for a month.

New graphic below. Apologies to anyone who was affected by this.

IMG_0376.thumb.jpeg.dbd81844b77f48e670ec5b3ac1eff628.jpeg

Going to write to the Director General of the BBC as that is seriously offensive and I'llbe fucked if I am paying a licence fee for shite like that 

27 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Not that it changes things really, but huns win so Tims will want to keep tack. 

After St Mirren's win today, and potentially a Hearts win tomorrow, our season is practically over if we don't win tomorrow. Even a draw I fear would leave us with too much to do.

Thankfully, we're gonna hammer them imorn.

McGarry I'm guessing won't play - not sure if he's even in the country yet. McDonald and Williams both still out (according to Robson).

I'd be inclined to start Dadia at RWB and Devlin at RCB, with Polvara in midfield sitting a bit deep and allowing Clarkson to go forward. It's a bit defensive but Morris is going to offer nothing in this game, let's be honest about that.

We could really use a performance from Hayes in this one.

IMG_0401.thumb.jpeg.0f6f09f6827a1fc0bc3fe40de88f8340.jpeg

Prediction: 1-0 to the good guys.

12 hours ago, Panda said:

After St Mirren's win today, and potentially a Hearts win tomorrow, our season is practically over if we don't win tomorrow. Even a draw I fear would leave us with too much to do.

😄  That kind of comment is not too far off some of the dweeby comments on social media and elsewhere Ive seen though. We fairly manage to find ways of deflating optimism.Despite Ramandanis departure catching us a bit off guard,saw someone saying it was 'pathetic' we didnt have a replacement lined up  

Not that I expect anything from today,...a good showing and respectable scoreline I'll take this time round. 

Prediction 2 - 2  Clarkson,Rubezic thunderbolt

• Like 1

Hayes should only be out for a week according to Robson. McGarry arrives in Aberdeen tonight (time keeping not great clearly).

We appear to have two goalkeepers on the bench in Ritchie and Doohan which is an odd move. We're surely not that stretched as a squad. 

Looks like Duncan at LWB. Get him at Ralston and see what he can do.