Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Livi vs dons

Well you say the world has moved on but it never stopped the Killie manager saying Brophy would be bombed out because he wasn’t committed to the club anymore.

The same applies with Wright. He wants to be elsewhere, bye then. The fact that it’s the huns makes it even worse.

Scottish football is not even remotely enjoyable. Even our own players are taking the piss from the supporters, and we seem to be accepting it. What is going on with our once proud club.

2 hours ago, tup1 said:

Well you say the world has moved on but it never stopped the Killie manager saying Brophy would be bombed out because he wasn’t committed to the club anymore.

The same applies with Wright. He wants to be elsewhere, bye then. The fact that it’s the huns makes it even worse.

Scottish football is not even remotely enjoyable. Even our own players are taking the piss from the supporters, and we seem to be accepting it. What is going on with our once proud club.

The killie manager is being a fanny. Just because he’s being a fanny doesn’t mean McInnes should be too.

2 hours ago, tup1 said:

Dyer acted like a child. If my kid was in the killie youth setup, I'd be telling them to get out of there before they risk being hung out to dry by that unprofessional little twat. He's the adult in the situation, you rise above it and treat human beings properly. Sure as fuck he can't complain the next time a player leaves, he's set the benchmark for how killie treat their staff.

Wright has done nothing wrong, he's said he wants a move down south, the club publicised it, the Huns expressed an interest and the club publicised again. The club are trying to cash in during this window, they're forcing the issue. Neither Jack nor McKenna downed tools for us, I don't expect Wright to. In our position we need him until he leaves and makes way for a replacement.

Scottish football's enjoyability is not based on Wright having the same human rights as every other employee in the UK.

1 hour ago, wee toon red said:

The killie manager is being a fanny. Just because he’s being a fanny doesn’t mean McInnes should be too.

No he didn't, he did the right thing. Brophy didn't want to be there, so he removed him from the squad, for someone who does want to be there.

It's very simple. Wright should just be replaced with someone from the youth team and we move on. If he goes now, fine, if he signs a pre contract, also fine. I just don't want him hanging about the place like a bad smell now. He's made his bed, let him lie in it.

I was astounded to see him spoken about by the manager as possibly signing for Rangers, and then named in the starting line up the following day.

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Wright has done nothing wrong

Really?

So organising a clandestine move to the huns is now all fine for Aberdeen players. We should just become a feeder team for the huns and be done with it then.

I can't think of anything he could have done which would be more wrong than this but each to their own opinion. I won't pay for another Aberdeen game on RedTV whilst he remains in the squad.

1 minute ago, tup1 said:

Really?

So organising a clandestine move to the huns is now all fine for Aberdeen players. We should just become a feeder team for the huns and be done with it then.

I can't think of anything he could have done which would be more wrong than this but each to their own opinion. I won't pay for another Aberdeen game on RedTV whilst he remains in the squad.

The point I'm missing in all of this is as follows Tup.

Where is the evidence to support your claims that he has organised a clandestine move to THEM ?

As I've already stated I detest that mob as much as the next man but let's not let our hatred let us resort to unsubstantiated conspiracy theories

Wars have been started in the past by folk going down this path

39 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Really?

Show us your evidence. 

I have evidence that Hoban doesn't want to be here when his contract expires. Will he be relegated to the youths? I have evidence Hedges is looking to move on to a bigger club after the dons. Quarantine? I've heard Logan and McGinn might not be getting new contracts, they won't be interested either. I believe McRorie hopes to establish himself in the first team in order to get himself a move down South. I could go on. The idiocy of freezing players out because they're looking for a change in their lives is there for all to see. We'd constantly be playing half a team. Players come and go all the time because they're human beings who don't all want to stay in the same city all their lives. Wright has done absolutely nothing wrong. The club took a risk and decided to see if he was going to return on form and they've been caught out. A year's extension in the summer would have solved all these problems, but they didn't have faith in the player.

1 hour ago, BigAl said:

The point I'm missing in all of this is as follows Tup.

Where is the evidence to support your claims that he has organised a clandestine move to THEM ?

As I've already stated I detest that mob as much as the next man but let's not let our hatred let us resort to unsubstantiated conspiracy theories

Wars have been started in the past by folk going down this path

Well the manager confirmed it so it's not exactly a rumour. 

It's following the same trajectory as the Ryan Jack transfer is the issue here, hence why I think it's been done discreetly long before this transfer window officially opened, probably back in October. The player and no doubt agent being deliberately vague until the last minutes on their future plans. Stinks of Sevco to high heaven.

For that reason he is not fit to wear the shirt any longer. The last Wright to go to the huns from the Dons got sent packing but it seems we've gone soft now, the manager is turning into Jimmy Calderwood MK11 by fawning over a team which is taking our players for nothing. 

1 hour ago, RicoS321 said:

Show us your evidence. 

I have evidence that Hoban doesn't want to be here when his contract expires. Will he be relegated to the youths? I have evidence Hedges is looking to move on to a bigger club after the dons. Quarantine? I've heard Logan and McGinn might not be getting new contracts, they won't be interested either. I believe McRorie hopes to establish himself in the first team in order to get himself a move down South. I could go on. The idiocy of freezing players out because they're looking for a change in their lives is there for all to see. We'd constantly be playing half a team. Players come and go all the time because they're human beings who don't all want to stay in the same city all their lives. Wright has done absolutely nothing wrong. The club took a risk and decided to see if he was going to return on form and they've been caught out. A year's extension in the summer would have solved all these problems, but they didn't have faith in the player.

I don't agree he's done nothing wrong, he's in the process of signing for the huns. I'm disgusted with him, and the club. I said at least 6 months ago his contract should have been a priority.

Yet here we are. We are going backwards at an alarming rate as Sevco make fools of us all by repeatedly tapping up our best players for free transfers.

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

Well the manager confirmed it so it's not exactly a rumour. 

It's following the same trajectory as the Ryan Jack transfer is the issue here, hence why I think it's been done discreetly long before this transfer window officially opened, probably back in October. The player and no doubt agent being deliberately vague until the last minutes on their future plans. Stinks of Sevco to high heaven.

For that reason he is not fit to wear the shirt any longer. The last Wright to go to the huns from the Dons got sent packing but it seems we've gone soft now, the manager is turning into Jimmy Calderwood MK11 by fawning over a team which is taking our players for nothing. 

Right again I'm missing something still

We all know Der Hun are sniffing about and yes McInnes confirmed it.

My issue is you stating that Wright organised a clandestine move to them

Where is the evidence to support that.

Last time I checked "innocent until proven guilty" was still a foundation of law in this country

16 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Right again I'm missing something still

We all know Der Hun are sniffing about and yes McInnes confirmed it.

My issue is you stating that Wright organised a clandestine move to them

Where is the evidence to support that.

Last time I checked "innocent until proven guilty" was still a foundation of law in this country

Just a feeling I've had for some time. I stated on here that I felt the huns were the problem some weeks ago, long before it broke in the press. The story breaking was just confirming my long held suspicion.

Basically, both he and McInnes are taking the piss if that's the case. Playing the supporters for fools because they know what happened when Ryan Jack's move was announced.

The whole of Scottish football makes me sick just now. Between this, Celtic players lording it up in Dubai in extremely crass circumstances, and the huns making a massive loss of nearly £20m to cheat their way to the title, I've seen and heard enough. 

Wright is definitely going to the huns. All this Oxford chat is just people in denial. He's taken the piss out of the team that developed him.

1 hour ago, DantheDon said:

You are jumping the gun though. The manager said the huns are interested. There is nothing to say he will end up there. I'm not going to say he definitely won't go there but until he signs for someone you have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'd be astounded if he does not sign for the huns. The manager was basically confirming it's a formality now. 

He's not getting any benefit of any doubt. He has shafted AFC.