Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪️🔴

Coronavirus

BigAl

If you look on this ‘plandemic’ from the point of view that your own government, in cahoots with all other governments worldwide, are trying to kill as many of their own citizens as possible, then it all makes sense.

The lockdown is really just a way of getting folk to acquiesce in their own deaths. We are being subject to digital fascism where we can’t see the enemy. Population thinning is the true goal.

31 minutes ago, hercule poirot said:

^ I don't think 'population thinning' is working. Most people I know who've been on lock down and working from home have put on weight.

This is not my experience. Not saying you're mistaken. You will know a lot of losers who lack basic discipline and who are fat bastards. Your attempt to twist the subject to be a funny man has been noted. Again. Your talent for this has still to emerge. 

What's going on in Belarus is an inspiration to us all. Beautiful. Lukashenko must fall. That women are leading the movement against him is poignantly sweet.

"Drink vodka and drive a tractor" was seen as a massive insult and disrespect for the dying Covid patients. One bad line should surely be the end for him, although Trump's thousands of bad lines on the pandemic and he still thinks he can win. 

Edited by rocket_scientist

1 hour ago, hercule poirot said:

^ I don't think 'population thinning' is working. Most people I know who've been on lock down and working from home have put on weight.

Never heard of turkeys being fattened for Christmas? 

1 hour ago, Donofanewera said:

NZ now putting folk with Covid into isolation camps.

enough of this nonsense 

Been the case for a few weeks now hasn't it? Two weeks in a holiday camp, sounds fun. We keep asylum seekers in far worse conditions for significantly longer in this country. As I see it, you either do what New Zealand is doing or you let it spread and take the consequences. The UK middle road will look likely eventually lead to one or the other.

Van the Man coming out against the "pseudoscience" now ???

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2020/aug/25/van-morrison-blasts-covid-gig-limits-pseudoscience?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium=&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

Got to love the anti-establishment view and must always celebrate the right of individual free expression.

If SAGE were sagely and the government weren't corrupt and useless, we might be further down the road of pandemic management. It's all getting farcical now, leadership at its worst, scientists arguing with each other and zero intelligence and common sense coming out at the "business end", where the best decisions need to be made for everyone. 

Reporting that people in Midlothian are being asked to go to Cumbria for a test.

Is this simple incompetence or indicative of something more sinister?

That is a valid question, particularly this deep into it. The WHO said "test, test, test" so Boris and the brains he appointed to surround him decided to do the complete opposite, abandoning the first test and track system only to do yet another U-turn and fucking up the latest incarnation as well.

"Conspiracy theory" is a term that should not be used lightly. It is used not only to discredit dissent (to the official establishment propaganda) but also to dismiss discussion. Where any view (not just the established one) is not robust enough to withstand examination and discussion, the chances are that it is fundamentally flawed. Private citizens using conspiracy theory against other private citizens don't want to believe that the establishment aren't there to protect them. It's the same need that the weak and the stupid have when they allowed "The Lord is my Shepherd" and "Long to reign over us" to take hold in populist culture. 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Reporting that people in Midlothian are being asked to go to Cumbria for a test.

Is this simple incompetence or indicative of something more sinister?

That is a valid question, particularly this deep into it. The WHO said "test, test, test" so Boris and the brains he appointed to surround him decided to do the complete opposite, abandoning the first test and track system only to do yet another U-turn and fucking up the latest incarnation as well.

"Conspiracy theory" is a term that should not be used lightly. It is used not only to discredit dissent (to the official establishment propaganda) but also to dismiss discussion. Where any view (not just the established one) is not robust enough to withstand examination and discussion, the chances are that it is fundamentally flawed. Private citizens using conspiracy theory against other private citizens don't want to believe that the establishment aren't there to protect them. It's the same need that the weak and the stupid have when they allowed "The Lord is my Shepherd" and "Long to reign over us" to take hold in populist culture. 

What would the conspiracy be like? I thought that Scotland had just run out of tests. I know of several people (some of my family members) fa's kids have caught the cold on the first week back at school and have had to get tested for the aids (and, thus, the rest of the family too - all negative). I'm guessing that this has happened nationwide and the government have been caught short. In a non-political world, this would be excellent co-operation between two health services and governments. It won't be seen as that though. I suggested a while back to the wife that they should stagger the schools going back by region(s) so that they got an idea of the problems that would arise. My neice's school didn't know what the protocol was for her returning to school after a negative test. I suspect many others will be in the same boat and there'll be a bit of confusion, delay and backlog for the next few weeks until the problems iron themselves out.

Conspiracy theory was cited above, 16 hours ago. It was used not to discuss but to dismiss.

The testing fiasco being reported now is incompetent management.

Some/many will not consider the litany of incompetent governance over half a year now as anything other than "mistakes". Others amongst us wonder as to what is really going on?

It's very convenient for the powers that be this asymptomatic nonsense we keep hearing.

So you can have this virus but still be fine. Keeps the numbers up and justifies the lockdown.

Ebbe Skovdahl called it right on the statistics. Nobody is getting to see underneath these some might say completely fabricated statistics we keep getting bombarded with.

Edited by tup1

10 minutes ago, tup1 said:

Compulsory vaccines coming up.

Mr Icke predicted this several years ago.

They can make it as compulsory as they like. This rocket ain't taking it.

David Icke is a very interesting case study. He frightens a lot of people and he is vilified by most.

The reasons why he is so widely discredited is a key question.

Not a lot of people are interested in examining this particular issue.

He has been completely censored on the internet.

Which suggests that he was at least partially telling the truth. He who controls the internet controls the world. 

If he's right, then next up will be the one world government, the cashless society, and mass Siemens produced compulsory RFID chips.

Digital slavery in other words.

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

Which suggests that he was at least partially telling the truth. He who controls the internet controls the world. 

If he's right, then next up will be the one world government, the cashless society, and mass Siemens produced compulsory RFID chips.

Will the lizards finally reveal themselves though?

1 hour ago, tup1 said:

But if you include those predictions, which are really just an extrapolation of existing policy direction, you have to include his mental ones regarding lizards and prior alien visits. Nutjobs are often right about some/many things (George Galloway for instance), but when they take a scattergun approach like Ike, they deserved to be ridiculed. Ike isn't censored either, he's largely ignored for being a little bit fucking mental. In my opinion, he detracts from useful discussion of the very valid subjects you mention. If I were in charge, I'd class Ike as a great person to have out there as he allows those who want to have serious discussion about - say - the monetary system or cashless society to be thrown into the Ike bucket of "conspiracy theorist mental cases". He needs a filter. He doesn't seem to have one, or profits from pretending he doesn't. He's a charlatan.