Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

6 nations

manc_don

• 2 weeks later...

Massive game on Saturday!  Can't say i'm overly confident, especially since it would appear that Vunipola is back for the cunts.  Regardless, I am looking forward to it!

Scottish team:

Saturday 11th of March (kick-off 5pm GMT) – live on ITV

15. Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors) – 51 caps; 16 tries, 3 pens, 89 points

14. Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors) – 34 caps; 15 tries, 75 points

13. Huw Jones (Stormers) – 6 caps; 2 tries, 10 points

12. Alex Dunbar (Glasgow Warriors) – 22 caps; 6 tries, 30 points

11. Tim Visser (Harlequins) – 29 caps; 12 tries, 60 points

10. Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors) – 25 caps; 2 tries, 5 cons, 8 pens, 44 points

9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 3 caps

1. Gordon Reid (Glasgow Warriors) – 22 caps

2. Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) – 23 caps

3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 7 caps

4. Richie Gray (Toulouse) – 63 caps; 3 tries, 15 points

5. Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors) – 31 caps; 2 tries, 10 points

6. John Barclay CAPTAIN (Scarlets) – 58 caps; 4 tries, 20 points

7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby) – 8 caps; 1 try, 5 points

8. Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors) – 25 caps

Substitutes:

16. Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby) – 105 caps; 2 tries, 10 points

17. Allan Dell (Edinburgh Rugby) – 6 caps

18. Simon Berghan (Edinburgh Rugby) – 1 cap

19. Tim Swinson (Glasgow Warriors) – 27 caps; 1 try, 5 points

20. Cornell Du Preez (Edinburgh Rugby) – uncapped

21. Henry Pyrgos (Glasgow Warriors) – 19 caps; 4 tries, 3 pens, 29 points

22. Duncan Weir (Edinburgh Rugby) – 25 caps; 2 tries, 7 cons, 10 pens, 1 drop, 57 points

23. Mark Bennett (Glasgow Warriors) – 19 caps; 6 tries, 30 points

Massive game on Saturday!  Can't say i'm overly confident, especially since it would appear that Vunipola is back for the cunts.  Regardless, I am looking forward to it!

Scottish team:

Saturday 11th of March (kick-off 5pm GMT) – live on ITV

15. Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors) – 51 caps; 16 tries, 3 pens, 89 points

14. Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors) – 34 caps; 15 tries, 75 points

13. Huw Jones (Stormers) – 6 caps; 2 tries, 10 points

12. Alex Dunbar (Glasgow Warriors) – 22 caps; 6 tries, 30 points

11. Tim Visser (Harlequins) – 29 caps; 12 tries, 60 points

10. Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors) – 25 caps; 2 tries, 5 cons, 8 pens, 44 points

9. Ali Price (Glasgow Warriors) – 3 caps

1. Gordon Reid (Glasgow Warriors) – 22 caps

2. Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors) – 23 caps

3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) – 7 caps

4. Richie Gray (Toulouse) – 63 caps; 3 tries, 15 points

5. Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors) – 31 caps; 2 tries, 10 points

6. John Barclay CAPTAIN (Scarlets) – 58 caps; 4 tries, 20 points

7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby) – 8 caps; 1 try, 5 points

8. Ryan Wilson (Glasgow Warriors) – 25 caps

Substitutes:

16. Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby) – 105 caps; 2 tries, 10 points

17. Allan Dell (Edinburgh Rugby) – 6 caps

18. Simon Berghan (Edinburgh Rugby) – 1 cap

19. Tim Swinson (Glasgow Warriors) – 27 caps; 1 try, 5 points

20. Cornell Du Preez (Edinburgh Rugby) – uncapped

21. Henry Pyrgos (Glasgow Warriors) – 19 caps; 4 tries, 3 pens, 29 points

22. Duncan Weir (Edinburgh Rugby) – 25 caps; 2 tries, 7 cons, 10 pens, 1 drop, 57 points

23. Mark Bennett (Glasgow Warriors) – 19 caps; 6 tries, 30 points

He's only on the bench isn't he?

Also reports Owen Farrell injured himself in training g this morning, talk of him being a late withdrawal

He's only on the bench isn't he?

Also reports Owen Farrell injured himself in training g this morning, talk of him being a late withdrawal

Still one of their best players, bench or not.  I'd rather he wasn't anywhere near the team  :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if i'd be happy about Farrell or not, he was woeful in their last game.  Probably be great if it was true!

Still one of their best players, bench or not.  I'd rather he wasn't anywhere near the team  :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if i'd be happy about Farrell or not, he was woeful in their last game.  Probably be great if it was true!

True, you've got to think he's on the bench for a reason though... possibly not fit enough to start which would be a boost.

True, you've got to think he's on the bench for a reason though... possibly not fit enough to start which would be a boost.

True, he is only coming back from injury but i'd rather he wasn't anywhere near the team.

I see there's a campaign to keep Vern Cotter.  Time will tell if it was the right decision to go for Townsend and not offer him another contract.  The two of them working together would have been ideal.  Bit pointless to be starting a petition, he's got himself sorted in France does he not?

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com/2017/03/petition-keepvern-launched-scottish-rugby-supporters/

That Cotter, and the England coach are the two biggest abominations in the 6 nations.

I detest them both with a passion that surprises even me. Even if I didn't know they were egg-chasers, I couldn't tolerate being in the same room as either. If they were both in the same room and I was unfortunate enough to also be in it, I think I would explode with emotional distress and severe anguish. Horrible horrible cunts. Probably sexual deviants - closet arse-lickers of men of mysogynistic vilifiers of women.

True, he is only coming back from injury but i'd rather he wasn't anywhere near the team.

I see there's a campaign to keep Vern Cotter.  Time will tell if it was the right decision to go for Townsend and not offer him another contract.  The two of them working together would have been ideal.  Bit pointless to be starting a petition, he's got himself sorted in France does he not?

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com/2017/03/petition-keepvern-launched-scottish-rugby-supporters/

Cotter has been fantastic, not sure him working with Townsend would have worked though. Townsend seems ready for the top job, if the SRU hadnt given it to him he'd have been off and we'd have missed out on a fantastic coach.  He's been groomed for the role for years too so losing him by not giving him the job would have undone years of planning.  You're right though, time will tell whether it works or not, based on his work with Glasgow Warriors I'd say he's got a good chance of carrying on the improvement with the Scottish national team.

Aye Cotter heading back to france I think, so even if the SRU did want to keep him I doubt they'd be able to.

Confidence and dignity shattered yet again and by they smug phuckers as well. Disappointingly poor stuff. Oh well at least the Dons won!

Thank fuck for football ;)

That was disappointing as much as it was embarrassing.  Not the team we've got used to seeing under cotter. I genuinely wonder whether Russell has some serious brain damage as since that head knock his decision making has been very suspect. Some of this shit he tried today wad beyond logic. So weak through the middle, but I think the injuries have finally taken their toll against a side who really wanted to beat us. They definitely raised their game. Thank fuck I was too far away to take up the offer of a spare ticket from a mate. Would have been horrific.

Shite result and performance, reckon the damage was done picking up a yellow card within 2 mins. We were generally poor anyway. Here's hoping some of the injured players are back for the Italy game so we can finish the competition strongly.

I believe a big win would mean we've a good chance of climbing to 4th in the world, would be brilliant with the World Cup draw coming up.

Meaningless sport as far as national pride goes. Most of thae chunts belting out "flower of scotland" voted NO, they can feck aff and fecking feck aff to somewhere their ironic hypocrisy is appreciated, like a masonic lodge or a british legion.

:spaz:

Great post. Spot on. Not only is it extremely gay to want to grapple men's flesh and stick their noses up the arse of their mate in a scrum or whatever, any Scotsman wanting to partake in "rugby" or show enthusiasm for the "sport" is neither a real man nor a true Scot. Boarding schools (and Edinburgh and the borders) have a lot to answer for.

Meaningless sport as far as national pride goes. Most of thae chunts belting out "flower of scotland" voted NO, they can feck aff and fecking feck aff to somewhere their ironic hypocrisy is appreciated, like a masonic lodge or a british legion.

:spaz:

Yup.agree  :dunno::hammer:

Great post. Spot on. Not only is it extremely gay to want to grapple men's flesh and stick their noses up the arse of their mate in a scrum or whatever, any Scotsman wanting to partake in "rugby" or show enthusiasm for the "sport" is neither a real man nor a true Scot. Boarding schools (and Edinburgh and the borders) have a lot to answer for.

I feel the same about people who don't support the Scottish national fitbaw team.

:laughing:

And No voters of course.

Cunts

The reason why Murrayfield is full each game (I presume - I've never been and don't care) is simple. It's tribalism, the feeling of belonging to something. For the middle classes. They love "the atmosphere". What they mean is they love being part of a big crowd, particularly when it's safe and nobody gets their head kicked in. Banter for the boring.

Hopefully the guys can go out and get the win they thoroughly deserve after a decent campaign.  Stretched by injuries this tournament which I think has severely hampered the team but they've shown passion and resilience.  Far more than what could be said for the football equivalent. Absolutely gutted to see Cotter go, so hopefully they get the win for him too. He's instilled confidence back in the team and hopefully Townsend can build on this and continue the good works he's done at Glasgow.  Thanks Vern!  :thumbsup:

Good first half, hopefully turn up the pressure in the second half. Battering Italy today would help our chances of climbing the world rankings and getting a favourable World Cup draw massively

Felt like that first try was never gonna come. Visser was unlucky not long before we scored.

• 5 years later...

Excellent game today, proper end to end stuff and it really could have gone either way. Some classic Scotland indecision and poor handling skills mixed with the sublime. Back to back victories at twickenham is no mean feat! Undefeated there since the 2017 debacle. Going to be interesting if we manage to beat wales, they always seem to have run of the green over us. A good day for sport!

• Like 1

Another great win and great performance, some brilliant bits of play. Where has this team been for the duration of townsends tenure? Huge match in Paris in a fortnight’s time, especially since the French seem to be having a wobbly. Hopefully that continues until after our match.