Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celtic v Aberdeen

5 minutes ago, OxfordDon said:

As long as nobody gets injured does anyone genuinely give two flocks about this one?  Was also surprised we didn't run out a few less familiar names though given its a free hit.

I care. Want us to win every game. Win today it’s a great way to finish the season. It’s a free hit so why not give it your best effort to win the game with your strongest line up? We’ve been timid. Throw out a bunch of young lads for a pasting doesn’t help them.

16 minutes ago, Slim said:

Shayden Morris’ closing down of the cross for their 4th goal is the footballing equivalent of sunbathing in your back garden while working from home. Cunt’s supposed to be lightning quick. 

Didn't see the game today due to a broken car. This sounds very like Shayden though. His pace is good, not exceptional, but wasted entirely by his lack of positional sense and general misunderstanding of football. Him and Richardson are both championship manager style signings, in that they have fantastic attributes that would be recorded in the stats. Morris especially, I'm failing to see what a scout saw in person. Perhaps in person doesn't happen as much these days. 

On 18/02/2023 at 22:55, Panda said:

We looked a really poor team today. Alarmingly poor.

The way we constantly coughed up possession either from poor passes or being brushed off the ball was unforgivable. Rarely, if ever, did we actually put together a good passage of play, I'm struggling to think of one. The goals were soft, and we offered nothing at the other end except the two times Joe Hart nae two errors. We cannot cross the ball, no-one can beat their man. It's all so basic and shows just how badly they've been coached all season.

Tactically the three at the back gave Celtic too much space in the first half although we did at least change the shape, even if by the time we did the horse had bolted, spent the day at the pub, and strolled back with a couple of fillies and stuck a do not disturb sign on the stable door.

But I don't think there's a huge amount of criticism you can really give Robson for the 90 minutes. The mistakes from individuals weren't on him, and he had named pretty much the line-up you expected him to. But we didn't look fit (that's not on him), we looked slow (not on him). He picked Hayes because he thought he would offer more defensively and was rewarded by a really poor performance in return. 

Ramadani, lots of enthusiasm, but he's not Aberdeen standard I don't think. Shinnie was trying to run that midfield himself. Duk far too slow and ponderous. Clarkson really poor although at least he was always looking for the ball.

To be fair to Robson, he corrected most of these mistakes as the game went on although he took too long to do them. At least he got there eventually, which is more than could be said for Goodwin.

I don't see a new manager coming in before Livingston so it's a huge seven days for Robson. He has to identify the weaknesses, he has to make changes for Livingston, and by fuck do we need to win that.

Just back from the game. Here's what I wrote the last time we played at Celtic Park, will save me a writing a few paragraphs.

Why the hell did we set up with the same system that got torn apart last time we were at Celtic Park?

At least in the grand scheme of things it didn't mean much. But Barry Robson just last week said the 5-0 defeat to Hearts wouldn't ever happen on his watch. Now fair enough he maybe just meant Hearts wouldn't hammer us again, but that's a 9-0 aggregate loss to Celtic on his watch.

Left at 3-0 and from what I saw by then 5-0 flattered us. Some of our players are not as good as we think. We will need to sign a good deal more quality if we are to avoid being humiliated in Europe. Morris getting in ahead of Bavidge again is puzzling. I really need to remember never to bother attending these games.

14 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Did they refuse to take part in anything at Parkhead today?

I know it’s an end of season game but has anyone seen these kind of stats in any game, anywhere before? Zero shots…..holy fuck.

1C55DD2D-9FA5-41A3-86D5-534473FDB4EA.thumb.png.2778cca47ae2f7bc794a04841685323b.png

Unacceptable under any circumstances

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Did they refuse to take part in anything at Parkhead today?

I know it’s an end of season game but has anyone seen these kind of stats in any game, anywhere before? Zero shots…..holy fuck.

1C55DD2D-9FA5-41A3-86D5-534473FDB4EA.thumb.png.2778cca47ae2f7bc794a04841685323b.png

Aye, was a pretty miserable 90 minutes. 

All five goals, the goalscorer is unmarked.

Two from free headers, two from no-one reacting to get to a rebound, and the other (the first goal) because McKenzie is caught out of position, then lunges into a challenge when there was already a player covering, meaning he gets turned inside out.

Hayes and McKenzie were constantly cut apart with through balls, neither of them knowing who was meant to be marking the man.

Hayes should know better. McKenzie, he played like a player who has spent most of the season either injured or on the bench, and is then thrown into a game away to Celtic because the first choice LCB is ineligible. He needs more game time before being given that type of test.

Going forward, the crossing was abysmal, only one decent ball I can think of which was from a Hayes corner which Bain punched away. 

To answer your question, yeh I can't remember any shots at goal. But that's actually three games now (all in a row) where we haven't had a single shot on target against Celtic. 

5 hours ago, Panda said:

Aye, was a pretty miserable 90 minutes. 

All five goals, the goalscorer is unmarked.

Two from free headers, two from no-one reacting to get to a rebound, and the other (the first goal) because McKenzie is caught out of position, then lunges into a challenge when there was already a player covering, meaning he gets turned inside out.

Hayes and McKenzie were constantly cut apart with through balls, neither of them knowing who was meant to be marking the man.

Hayes should know better. McKenzie, he played like a player who has spent most of the season either injured or on the bench, and is then thrown into a game away to Celtic because the first choice LCB is ineligible. He needs more game time before being given that type of test.

Going forward, the crossing was abysmal, only one decent ball I can think of which was from a Hayes corner which Bain punched away. 

To answer your question, yeh I can't remember any shots at goal. But that's actually three games now (all in a row) where we haven't had a single shot on target against Celtic. 

That’s horrendous and unacceptable. I hope we never see a result like that again under his watch. Yes, back end of the season was better than the start and middle, but that aggregate score against them is never acceptable. Regardless of circumstances.