Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibs Away - El Sackico

Complete disgrace today. Could see from kick off that our players were not up for it. Stewart was desperate not to be on the ball. Looked panic stricken every time the ball came near him. He was out muscled numerous times by smaller weaker Hibs players. Scales was all over the shop. He was constantly out of position and his passing was horrific. Completely out worked and out fought in midfield. Even with Shinnie in there. Zero goal threat despite working hard. Miovski and Lopes not working as a pairing. Think it needs to be on or the other not both. New manager has a massive job on his hand to sort this mess out. 

Just an astonishing result.

A lot of people saying the players downed tools. I actually didn't see that. They just looked an unorganised mess.

In the second half it was clear Goodwin had given up, the subs showed that, was no attempt at damage limitation, we were still chasing the game at 4-0. 

From a human side, it's tough on Goodwin, and Cormack showed his emotions in his post-match interview. Yeh, he is a fan and does care just like the rest of us.

But taking the emotion out of it, the past 10 days - from Tynecastle to Darvel to Easter Road - have been arguably the worst week in this club's history, and people have got to step back and look at the role they played in it.

Edited by Panda
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Panda said:

But taking the emotion out of it, the past 10 days - from Tynecastle to Darvel to Easter Road - have been arguably the worst week in this club's history

Of course, 10 days isn't actually a week! But you get what I mean.

2 hours ago, Panda said:

A lot of people saying the players downed tools. I actually didn't see that. They just looked an unorganised mess.

A valid point, it looked to me a team adrift, with no instruction or direction.  I'm not sure what is more worrying, that we have no tactical nous to correct this off the park or on it.  The next manager has a hell of a job.

• Like 1