Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibs Away - El Sackico

A game that will probably see losing manager sacked and potentially even the winning one. Both teams on horrendous runs and managers under severe pressure. No idea how we will line up after Mondays disaster but surely Shinnie starts. For the “Dead Man Walking’s” sake we need to score first or things could get very very nasty. Leith Junkies are arguably a bigger shambles than as us and may well have sold Nisbet and the diving cheat Porteous by then. Their fans hate their board and manger more than we do so atmosphere in their end could be as toxic as ours. 

In

Beers in flat then walk to ground

Away end

2 minute walk home

5-0 Stewart with all 5.

I don't care how we line up, and I don't care what the score is.

Win - lovely. Nice way for Goodwin to sign off.

Lose - I expect Goodwin gone by 8pm.

Draw - He can have an extra hour to pack his bags. Gone by 9pm.

He can win every week from now on. But I won't forget being told that Goodwin doesn't care what the fans think. I won't forget Goodwin storming down the tunnel after defeats to Hearts and Darvel without so much as looking at the fans. And I won't forget the slap to the face of the fans that the statement tonight was.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Panda said:

He can win every week from now on. But I won't forget being told that Goodwin doesn't care what the fans think. I won't forget Goodwin storming down the tunnel after defeats to Hearts and Darvel without so much as looking at the fans. And I won't forget the slap to the face of the fans that the statement tonight was.

Someone's a bit surly tonight.

14 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Someone's a bit surly tonight.

It's because I can't stop thinking about poor Ole Gunnar Solksjaer, locked away in Kristiansund, reading that statement from Cormack tonight and realising he needs to unpack his bags.l because there'll be no phone call.

The real winner on Saturday will be the team that loses, sacks their manager, and gets a new one in, while the "winner" merely kicks the can down the road.

• Like 2

I'm in for this, due to Jute's much better half persuading me it was a good idea on the train back from Hampden 

No beers in the flat tho as still dry January

Have no fucking idea what the score will be, was with Hibs mates at a Burns Supper last night and understandably they were delighted when statement came through 

What a week!!!! 

Edited by Goldie03

7 hours ago, Goldie03 said:

I'm in for this, due to Jute's much better half persuading me it was a good idea on the train back from Hampden 

No beers in the flat tho as still dry January

Have no fucking idea what the score will be, was with Hibs mates at a Burns Supper last night and understandably they were delighted when statement came through 

What a week!!!! 

Jesus missus.

Your willpower is amazing if you can  manage to go to this stone cold sober 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Madbadteacher said:

1. Stop fantasising, no manager worth his salt will take this job. No Ole or anyone like that

You get a six-figure salary, £1.5m - £2m to spend, and can lose to a sixth tier side and not get sacked.

What exactly do you think would put off every manager?

3 hours ago, Madbadteacher said:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tlg1903 said:

Tell you what, the pre match presser today is going to awkward as fuck.  

He said leaving Shinnie out was a mistake. No shit Sherlock. A mistake he then chose not rectify during the game. After reading that I am at a total loss to understand why he is still here. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jute said:

He said leaving Shinnie out was a mistake. No shit Sherlock. A mistake he then chose not rectify during the game. After reading that I am at a total loss to understand why he is still here. 

I can understand his thinking behind not playing Shinnie in fairness. I suspect it's been a while since he had played three games in little more than a week, and the rest was justified. Then in the game, he probably thought that the game was going to be won from the front, and that all the subs needed to be attacking ones. It's a little bit dense really, but understandable. The problem that he had was that having already taken off Myslovič, the correct decision would have been to remove Ramadani, but he's deemed a favourite and - in fairness - the combination of the two together is useful. The other option was Clarkson, who was one of the only ones creating anything. The later you get in the game, the less sense it makes to bring on Shinnie (and taint him with that shite!). The right call was to bring him on for Myslovič at halftime, or earlier, moving Clarkson higher up the park, but he obviously still thought at that point that we'd comfortably turn it around.

Haven’t posted since the cup loss. Goodwin isn’t the man to take us forward, said that at his hiring.

Moving forward we have to pick the best TEAM. Blooding myslovic against Darvel was stupidity at its finest, we have to take each game as a cup final and grind out wins to get some confidence. 

lewis

mccrorie-Stewart-scales coulson/McKenzie 

ramadani-shinnie

kennedy-clarkson-vinny/hayes

miovski

stick with this 4-2-3-1 formation and lineup as much as possible, enough grit and skill to win games. Stop the 3 at the back fannying around as it ends up 5 at the back and long ball since we don’t get numbers forward. Then we really are shit. Think the players are better suited to this, especially with adding shinnie.

we cannot play duk and miovski, doesn’t work, and duk can’t play the 9. He’s actually a team killer if you ask me, scores goals but appears dumb as rocks and can’t pass. Super sub material. 

1-2 to us, miovski and shinnie

7 hours ago, OrlandoDon said:

lewis

mccrorie-Stewart-scales coulson/McKenzie 

ramadani-shinnie

kennedy-clarkson-vinny/hayes

miovski

stick with this 4-2-3-1 formation and lineup as much as possible, enough grit and skill to win games. Stop the 3 at the back fannying around as it ends up 5 at the back and long ball since we don’t get numbers forward. Then we really are shit. Think the players are better suited to this, especially with adding shinnie.

we cannot play duk and miovski, doesn’t work, and duk can’t play the 9. He’s actually a team killer if you ask me, scores goals but appears dumb as rocks and can’t pass. Super sub material. 

1-2 to us, miovski and shinnie

^ this

36 minutes ago, Slim said:

No Richardson or Besuijen in the squad, any news if they’re injured? 

According to Goodwin was just no room for them in the squad.

However, we have a 16 year old on the bench (unless of course there's still a rule you need a certain quota of young players on the bench).