Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Paisley saints

Time to kick our league season into gear and our first league home game. Last weekend was as expected as it was disappointing but will give the team the benefit of the doubt. There were a few positives to take from the game but overall I think we may need to be patient. That being said, playing st mirren is probably a team to gain some confidence against. I expect nothing but a victory nor will anything less be acceptable. 

Obviously will have Scales back into the squad so expect to see mccrorie back in midfield. Another game for Bojan to get up to speed and hopefully we see Ramirez rather than Duk coming on. 

out

Bed

bed

bed

2-0 Dons, Miovski and Stewart 

As others have said would expect Scales to come back into defence and McCrorie back into midfield. St Mirren looked very poor in front of goal against Motherwell. This is the sort of game we should be winning comfortably if we are going to be challenging for least shit of the rest. 

in

Train then pub

Y

Pub then train back to capital

2-0 Miovski and McCrorie

I know it's early but we need the points from this to avoid starting a run of poor form. This is the marker for the season and will tell people if were contenders or strugglers.

I think we should have too much for the saints without Ronan but if we don't get the points, I'd start to be concerned.

Almost impossible trying to guess the team with all the signings we've made.

Mackenzie & Barron out but everyone else ready to rock and roll.

I'll take a stab at

Roos

Richardson Stewart Scales Coulson

McCrorie Ramadani

Roberts Vinny Hayes

Miovski

Morris & Leighton to start this one on the bench.

26 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

Looking forward to this one. Back to the grey clouds and wind. None of your sun-in-the-eyes league cup shite. Proper fitba weather.

Do us a favour and use your influence to get kick off delayed. Train running over hour late and now some cunt just triggered an alarm. Might be struggling for kick off. 

• Like 1

Jim’s loon looks a player. Vinny’s footwork has been brilliant. Scales doesn’t look out of place at left back, bombing up the flank like peak Considine. Only negative has been Stewart’s passing, although his general tackling and reading of the game has been excellent, but must be sitting on 25% passing success rate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slim said:

Jim’s loon looks a player. Vinny’s footwork has been brilliant. Scales doesn’t look out of place at left back, bombing up the flank like peak Considine. Only negative has been Stewart’s passing, although his general tackling and reading of the game has been excellent, but must be sitting on 25% passing success rate.

Re Stewart's passing, you're spot on Slim.

It's noticeable that in pretty much every game so far, Stewart's passing in the early stages of a game has looked pretty dodgy but he normally seems to grow in success rate of passing as the game progresses. 

• Like 1

Lots to love about us that game.  Agree Stewart needs to calm down with the Beckenbauer passes but I really like him as a cb. Really felt for Coulson having to come off so early as he was looking lively.  Some ping by Clarkson and goal aside he slotted in nicely and contributed well. I still think Duk needs to lose half a stone but that was a cracking finish and I loved how much he loved it.  Celebrated like he'd just scored the winner in Cup final. 

• Like 1