Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup 2022/23

Jute

28 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

Mad that we could have got a run to the final without encountering another premiership team if we had just beaten Darvel. 

If we didn't get beaten by Darvel, Goodwin would still be in a job and we'd have been beaten by Falkirk.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

Mad that we could have got a run to the final without encountering another premiership team if we had just beaten Darvel. 

Yeah because the rounds were already organised and the actual draw is for entertainment value.
A similar logic could be 'Mad that Scotland could have qualified for South Africa if Iwelumo had scored against Norway'

1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

Yeah because the rounds were already organised and the actual draw is for entertainment value.
A similar logic could be 'Mad that Scotland could have qualified for South Africa if Iwelumo had scored against Norway'

We could have actually made it to the final given the way that the draw worked. Probably won it. But we didn't, all because of Jim Goodwin, or whoever.

On 14/03/2023 at 15:57, tom_widdows said:

Well in theory the ball representing Darvel/Falkirk would just represent Aberdeen if we got through. That said its hard to argue with rico on whether we could actually have beaten Falkirk.

I suppose rather than mad maybe I should just say frustrating, I think that fits the Iwelumo miss aswell.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Panda said:

Inverness have a tidy record against Celtic in the cup to be fair (if it's them). I can think of three cup wins this side of the millennium, one at Hampden.

I'll support them in the final if Aberdeen fail to finish third.

And if the dons get third, yer sevco/ tic 'half & half' scarf will make an appearance?

• Like 1

Green Bigots beat the Blue Bigots 1-0. Despite Panda towing the party line that this isn’t a shoe in I fully expect Victims to win by a barrow load meaning third gets European Group football until Christmas. 

See there is talk of dispensing with the normal kick off time for the final and going for a lunchtime kick off instead.

Absolute fucking disgrace if this happens.

As we've come to expect total lack of consideration for fans travelling a distance for their day out 

39 minutes ago, BigAl said:

See there is talk of dispensing with the normal kick off time for the final and going for a lunchtime kick off instead.

Absolute fucking disgrace if this happens.

As we've come to expect total lack of consideration for fans travelling a distance for their day out 

There are fans from a non scum team? How on earth do you expect the SFA to accommodate people from outwith Glasgow?

Moving the kick-off time of our national cup final because it clashes with an English game is embarrassing.

And that's not even the main issue.

If a team from Inverness is in the cup final, and you're going to make them play it in Glasgow, then you put the game on at 3pm and do as much as you can to help get as many of their fans there as possible.

• Like 2