Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup 2022/23

Jute

9 hours ago, Jute said:

Queens Park might be on way out of the cup as fielded an ineligible player tonight. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64272757

I've said this 100 times before, but in the 21st century, with even the most rudimentary database technology, this should largely be impossible. Every team line (or even just squad) is typed into an online central system, and it doesn't allow you to submit if it includes an ineligible player. All players registered in the system, with dates signed etc and all cautions recorded post match. It's absolutely ridiculous that we've spent millions on some ridiculous system that measures offside to 1/1000mm, but we are still allowing games to be lost on an administrative error. Frustratingly, we hear this almost every year, yet nobody ever focuses on the solution to this, it's always about blaming the club (usually some part time administrator) as opposed to the system. 

• Like 1

Not even first time it’s happened this season. Banks of Dee were kicked out this years competition for it. Surely that would be enough warning to double check everything. Do agree though how hard would it be to set up a system to check registrations/suspensions.

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Not even first time it’s happened this season. Banks of Dee were kicked out this years competition for it. Surely that would be enough warning to double check everything. Do agree though how hard would it be to set up a system to check registrations/suspensions.

It's simply happened too many times and to too many different clubs for it to be classed as anything other than a systemic issue. This is a serious problem for clubs involved, it can be so costly. It disproportionately falls on the smaller (poorer, in theory) clubs too. It's the fact that it is always those clubs and not the system itself that gets held to account. It should be an absolute embarrassment to the SFA every time a club is ejected from a competition because of an administrative error. They should be really, really ashamed. That fifteen lads can go out and win a game on merit get pulled up for not having their socks on the correct feet. 

So Darvel v Falkirk tonight.

Will probably tune in and watch it.

Not sure how I would like this one to pan out.

Would Falkirk dishing out a real spanking to them or Darvel repeating their exploits make me feel better.

I've nae real idea which I'd rather, not indeed if it really matters to be honest.

As long as I live, nothing is really going to erase my memories of witnessing that three weeks ago

What's everyone else's thoughts on the matter ?

I'm fucking fed up of the Darvel love-in, so hope Falkirk take at least three off them tonight.

However, Darvel v Ayr would be tasty.

Some cup run for Ayr. They've played Pollock, Cove, Elgin and now the winner of Darvel/Falkirk.

If only we had drawn an easy team like Da.....oh.

• Haha 1

On 11/02/2023 at 20:06, Jute said:

Today’s results. 

Inverness and Rovers with the shocks. Elgin almost producing a third with Ayr only equalising in the last minute of normal time.

City managing to snatch a thrashing from the jaws of victory.Pity there wasnt a replay,enjoyed some great SC ties at Borough Briggs back in the day.

Interest in remaining SC ties now non existant inc Darvel/Falkirk

Edited by Elgindon

8 minutes ago, Panda said:

Falkirk 2-0 up on Darvel.

Great stuff.

Nothing will ever take away our shame but get it right fucking up you the wannabe Colonel Sanders and the Baker man.

On separate issue wtf is McFadden warbling on about the deluded cunt ?

1 hour ago, Elgindon said:

City managing to snatch a thrashing from the jaws of victory.Pity there wasnt a replay,enjoyed some great SC ties at Borough Briggs back in the day.

Interest in remaining SC ties now non existant inc Darvel/Falkirk

From the highlights they were unlucky and should have further ahead.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, tom_widdows said:

Bebo possibly trying to be too 'clever' with that penalty

Hendry just fuck the sponsors with the semi final draw by picking both the warm balls

While grinning like a manic. 

image.thumb.jpeg.355428b787331396b27994dd732eeb66.jpeg

If the Victims get passed the Tribute Act and are going for treble in the final it could get really ugly for the winner of Falkirk v ICT match. 

5 hours ago, Jute said:

While grinning like a manic. 

image.thumb.jpeg.355428b787331396b27994dd732eeb66.jpeg

If the Victims get passed the Tribute Act and are going for treble in the final it could get really ugly for the winner of Falkirk v ICT match. 

I think we all know Aberdeen are going to finish third and have our guaranteed group stage place taken away by Inverness or Falkirk winning the cup.

That would put the seal on season 22-23. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Panda said:

I think we all know Aberdeen are going to finish third and have our guaranteed group stage place taken away by Inverness or Falkirk winning the cup.

That would put the seal on season 22-23. 

I don't think Aberdeen could really begrudge Falkirk taking their place. 

• Like 1