Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

First game of the season: Tims vs Dons

Amazing to think that with all the signings to date, missing scales and Barron and we’re scrambling. Just shows we still need 2-3 strong signings. Really big games from the ‘experienced’ Stewart and ramadani needed.

it’s a lot to ask of polvara. Even with the week he’s had, and the preseason in general (as last years form), I’d have gone with bates and mccrorie in the middle. 

3 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

Would it not have been Tim TV you'd have had to use because it's an away game? I have a red TV international subscription, and I get the ferry to Calais so I can watch it from outwith the UK. Although it isn't cheap.

Totally thought the game was at 15:00. Fucking awful time for a fitba match.

Not got much hope for this one. With a bit of luck they might not be up to speed.

Only used Red TV PPV a couple of times.Didnt realise they only do home games.

Is that Liam Harvey on the bench? 17 y/o,good Elgin loon....Budgie style winner incoming .COYR

Fairly honking for the first 35 minutes with the midfield all over the shop. Polvara not up to it (yet) and Ramadani terrible until the last 10-15. I was already to come on and give him abuse but he finished the half well, like he'd suddenly realised he was playing fitba. Richardson poor defensively as expected, but Stewart not really helping him either, he's very fixed in his positioning today. Coulson been very good, he'll definitely be starting every week. McRorie been okay too. Hayes was doing well, but then that horrendous miss...

All to play for though. The tactical change seemed to help, with Hayes offering the midfield much better protection and Vinny a lot more attacking. Kennedy started well but poor defensively and not quite incisive enough. Miovski worked hard, not had much opportunity.

3 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Doing ok now after a poor start,a bit more composure up front might have made a difference.Stewart and McRorie having a good game.Besuijen and Ramadani coming into a bit more

We've got a bit chance if we win the ball quickly just inside our own half and we lob Hart - he's really trying hard to prove to Pep that he could be a ball-playing keeper!

We looked a bit shell shocked for the first 20 mins, but signs of coming back into contention by the end of the half.  I still fear how easily they seem to cut through us though, and we'll do well to stop them scoring again.  They've been hammering Richardson all half, he's definitely better going forward than defending.

There are some positive signs in there for the season though, Stewart, Miovski, Ramadani all look useful, Kennedy2 also looking better than his predecessor.

3 minutes ago, ayrshire_don74 said:

polvara is hopeless poor planning and recruitment bites us 

Think you’re being unfair there. JG has said 2-3 more and we’re missing key players in key positions. Those players, if they are any good, don’t come cheap and will have options. It’s impossible for a club like us to be finished with transfers and ready for games week 1.

• Like 2

Just glad to get that one out the way,could have been worse.Hoped we could build on a bit from the end of the first half,but we did very little second half.

With a run run of games together,I'd be hoping for more of a contest next time we play them.

4 minutes ago, Elgindon said:

Just glad to get that one out the way,could have been worse.Hoped we could build on a bit from the end of the first half,but we did very little second half.

With a run run of games together,I'd be hoping for more of a contest next time we play them.

That’s the way I feel. 2-0 loss to Celtic at parkhead is no disaster.

saw little of the game. Positives?

• Like 1

To be fair, I expected worse. Polvara is getting some stick but ramadani gets pulled out to the wing and leaves Jota with space to collect the ball and get running.

Polvara should've stood him up but he'll learn. Probably still need a proper defensive midfielder. ( Not mcrorie because he struggles to pass ten yards ).

Get Barron in at ten with the Geordie as competition for him and let the winners and strikers fight for their slots. 

At that we should be beating most of this league.

9 minutes ago, OrlandoDon said:

That’s the way I feel. 2-0 loss to Celtic at parkhead is no disaster.

saw little of the game. Positives?

Only one of the new players I'm not sure about is Richardson.The rest all look like theyve something to offer.Lets see where were at with a full squad, a couple more solid signings,and a bit of gel time 👍

Edited by Elgindon

Comfortably beaten by a Celtic team playing their first competitive game. As much as we will get better with more games so will they. Richardson is a real concern at right back. Think we need to look at getting cover there. Plus point is that having seen the other teams most of league looks shite so fair chance we will win the least shit of the rest. 

Anyone having a pop at the manager or individual players on thd basis of this afternoon is fucking clueless.

Do they seriously think this was a season defining game.

Our season starts next Saturday.

We were always on a hiding to nothing out there today.

Trust those critising today will be as quick to praise when we start collecting points 

• Like 1

not allowed to have an opinion if it doesnt fit the agenda , goodwin has just moaned about a lack of fitness . The decision to loan scales has crippled us today , Polvara looked ok v lower league trash but he wont cut it. Its not season defining but the sentiment is we would be better not turning up