Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

International break

Does anyone else see players wandering around Europe this week and wonder why the hell they aren't training with their new manager to try and improve a poor season whilst they have time to do so ?

It's not just this season though. Why is it treated like a holiday in football. Surely this would be valuable time for all clubs.

Ramirez was one who (according to my wife) was off on holiday again during the current international break. Assume there will have been others. 

Would have thought with the change of management those not on international duty would have stayed to work with new management team to help develop an understanding prior to next two games. 

1 hour ago, Jute said:

Ramirez was one who (according to my wife) was off on holiday again during the current international break. Assume there will have been others. 

Would have thought with the change of management those not on international duty would have stayed to work with new management team to help develop an understanding prior to next two games. 

Ramirez I've seen this week at Disneyland Paris but it was the same when del was in charge and we were struggling last year.

It's not like we have half a squad called up. Might just have been a long weekend and I'm being unfair.

7 minutes ago, redordead said:

Ramirez I've seen this week at Disneyland Paris but it was the same when del was in charge and we were struggling last year.

It's not like we have half a squad called up. Might just have been a long weekend and I'm being unfair.

Was same under Glass as well. From what I have seen most of squad have been away this week. 

Good for them. I'm certain that if Goodwin had wanted them to stay, they would have. Ramirez has looked out on his arse in recent games, the best thing for him is a weekend where he's not constantly thinking about football. Football is no different from any other job in that regard, and these guys aren't our slaves. Treat them with trust and respect and they'll likely return the favour with effort and pride on the pitch. With the group of players we have (and possibly any group of players), changing too much about the way we approach games at this point in the season would probably be a disaster anyway, so they shouldn't have much to work on with Goodwin. The way we've been playing this season and with the shambles in Cormack's decision making off the park, I think a little break will do far more for their motivation than another few days at the training ground. The carrot and stick approach was consigned to the bin a long time ago. When you hear any of them talk, they almost all come across as intelligent, articulate young men. Treating them like children would correctly lead to then telling you to do one. I'd caveat that with Jet of course.