Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Back to 1994-2012 but worse!

Like the heading says its worse. There were many seasons in the past where we ended the season only "and i say only with gritted teeth" 15-20 points behind the winners of the old spl. And their was some seasons where we finished only 10-12 points behind 2nd 

This season and recent last 2or3 we have been miles behind top 2. This season looks like we will finish 45-55 points behind the winners!! That's utterly unacceptable! But to many dons fans are content to just sit and suffer

Well its waaaay worse now partly because cormack is a conman & a cunt. Even sir fergie doesn't like him. 

Every club has a bad spell from time to time.  It's life as a fitba fan.  We have just come off a spell where we qualified for Europe seven years in a row.  Do you think Rangers fans enjoyed the third division or Man City fans liked having to be in a play off with Gillingham?  If you want to see your team win 8-0 every week and cannot accept defeats just buy a Bayern Munich shirt and stop watching the Dons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Every club has a bad spell from time to time.  It's life as a fitba fan.  We have just come off a spell where we qualified for Europe seven years in a row.  Do you think Rangers fans enjoyed the third division or Man City fans liked having to be in a play off with Gillingham?  If you want to see your team win 8-0 every week and cannot accept defeats just buy a Bayern Munich shirt and stop watching the Dons.

Interesting you chose Bayern Munich and not the Tims, or the Huns! But you're right of course.

The first step should be to get back challenging for 3rd after canning our last manager. Then we look at incremental gains beyond that. I have to admit, I couldn't give a shite whether fans think it's acceptable or not either, as that has no bearing on reality.

I am interested in hearing LBM2021s ideas in where he thinks we can make the improvements behind the scenes or on the park in order to close that gap over - say - the next five years, and if that includes remaining within the 3:5 wages:turnover ratio. Also, I'd like to hear more about the areas in which Cormack is failing where Milne was a success. It'd be great if the explanations didn't include nebulous terms such as "belief", "ambition" and "thinking outside the box" without supplementary detail about what the fuck they actually mean.

Over to you @LightbulbMoment2021

Edited by RicoS321
  • Like 2

At the moment I'd accept 10th.

Not next season though.

I sincerely hope the managers praise for Gallacher and Bates was only to keep them onside until May.

Neither are anywhere near the quality necessary.

Same goes for Kennedy and McLennan

Montgomery can f'uck right off back to Celtic, it's actually down to the fans to boo his every touch so that the powers that be never EVER borrow another player from a Scottish team again.

Ojo's nae that good , Ferguson, if he stays should be moved to sweeper, Hayes's legs have got to give up sometime and I'm nae that sure about Lewis.

Oh, and get shot of Brown.

Apart from that we have the basis of a decent team to start off next season.

Speculate to accumulate!! To many fans are happy for decades to pass without even challenging for the league! The fact also is look at the cunting 2014 Cup win we had what 50k the support is there if we would just get a chairman who craves success, not a business man who just wants to make money without tangible success!! 

If your happy for your children's children to go though 50-80 years of nothingness rimming the huns like recent past were they were in ibrox fawning over the hun loving cup!!

Our clubs been ran by utter cunts for to long. The Donald's aside as they had guts!!

12 hours ago, donsdaft said:

At the moment I'd accept 10th.

Not next season though.

I sincerely hope the managers praise for Gallacher and Bates was only to keep them onside until May.

Neither are anywhere near the quality necessary.

Same goes for Kennedy and McLennan

Montgomery can f'uck right off back to Celtic, it's actually down to the fans to boo his every touch so that the powers that be never EVER borrow another player from a Scottish team again.

Ojo's nae that good , Ferguson, if he stays should be moved to sweeper, Hayes's legs have got to give up sometime and I'm nae that sure about Lewis.

Oh, and get shot of Brown.

Apart from that we have the basis of a decent team to start off next season.

Atm you'd accept 10th WOW, so is 5th  acceptable next season?!! This is what I'm talking about, our fans in the main except this. And to anyone' saying but we challenged in the huns absence,  well that's bullshit as the spl was as weak as ever between 2013-2018 yet all we really done that was tangible was the 2014 cup win! 

3 hours ago, LightbulbMoment2021 said:

Speculate to accumulate!! To many fans are happy for decades to pass without even challenging for the league! The fact also is look at the cunting 2014 Cup win we had what 50k the support is there if we would just get a chairman who craves success, not a business man who just wants to make money without tangible success!! 

If your happy for your children's children to go though 50-80 years of nothingness rimming the huns like recent past were they were in ibrox fawning over the hun loving cup!!

Our clubs been ran by utter cunts for to long. The Donald's aside as they had guts!!

Can you give examples of the Donald's having guts?
Can you also put together an algorithm which can accurately predict how previous owners would run the club based on the current financial football climate?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LightbulbMoment2021 said:

The Donalds had the guts not to speculate to accumulate. We had zero debt until Milne came on the scene. 

It's a question of how much you're willing to speculate. Hearts speculated significantly in the early part of the century and went bust, winning only a couple of cups in the process. Would that be the level of speculation? Operating regularly with wages more than turnover? How long for, and to what end? Would you agree that using hearts as a benchmark, we'd likely have to spend more than they did? What does speculate to accumulate even mean in the context of the current spfl? Would you be willing to accept gradual progress, or do you want it right now? 

You see, the problem that you have is the accumulate part of the equation. The level of speculation required to win the league is far more likely to see us going bust rather than to accumulate returns. The Huns are running at a ~£10M loss yearly and haven't yet reached the champions league - i.e. there has been no accumulation. Do you really want the Dons to carry that level of debt? I don't. 

But let's be honest here, you're not asking us to speculate to accumulate at all. You're asking Cormack to spend his own money, at his own risk, chasing a goal with extremely long odds very little return. Just be honest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'll be honest & honestly what a tin pot fucking dullard!! 😄 just fucking admit you have fuck all ambition! Happy to never win the leauge ever again! Hey maybe your children's childrens children in the year 2122 might want our club to win the leauge!! Hey seeing how all aberdeens  glory years was achieved by players & managers from central belt!! Why do we always have to keep the same chookter arsehole aberdonian chairmen who have as much ambition  as motherFUCKINGwell !! Fan fucking ownership is the way forward!!

2 hours ago, LightbulbMoment2021 said:

I'll be honest & honestly what a tin pot fucking dullard!! 😄 just fucking admit you have fuck all ambition! Happy to never win the leauge ever again! Hey maybe your children's childrens children in the year 2122 might want our club to win the leauge!! Hey seeing how all aberdeens  glory years was achieved by players & managers from central belt!! Why do we always have to keep the same chookter arsehole aberdonian chairmen who have as much ambition  as motherFUCKINGwell !! Fan fucking ownership is the way forward!!

1) You want someone like the Donalds (from Aberdeen) to buy the club

2) they mustn't be from Aberdeen

3) the club must be under fan ownership

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LightbulbMoment2021 said:

Just sharing my views on ways the club can move forwards!! What is the problem 

?

The problem is that you're not sharing views on ways the club can move forwards. You've been asked multiple questions and ignored all of them. You're just shouting buzz phrases at your screen. To be fair, you have mentioned that you want fan ownership, which I think is a great idea. The biggest obstacle to fan ownership is people like you, unfortunately. People who ask for the world continuously, with zero ideas in how to get there. Fan ownership means no rich-man life-raft. You absolutely have to live within your means or you go to the wall (or a rich man comes in and buys out the fan ownesrhip).

But imagining things is a very good starting point, so let's imagine Aberdeen win the league in, say, seven years time. Work us through the timeline from where we are now to a 43 year old Scott Brown lifting the trophy. What steps do we need to take to get the incremental improvements year on year? How do we get back to that high point under McInnes when we got our best (and anyone else outside the scum) ever points return of 75 - and maintaining it? Once we've got there, how would you get that total up to ~85 points and maintaining it? Then how do you propose getting it to around 90 in order that we might win a league? Would you envisage any structural changes that might weaken the duopoly, or do you think it can all be done by AFC?

No help from the governing body, the sfa is totally biased/incompetent. Listen our board are pandering to the huns and have been for years ! Aberdonians are known to be stingy! Skinflints' call it what you will. I have met our 2 best managers Sir Fergie & Alex Smith! BTW fergie doesn't think that much of cormack! Shock horror 

I'm confused.

1. Our best chairman was from Aberdeen.
  2. Our best manager and players were from the central belt.
  3. We don't want a manager from Aberdeen.

Does that mean we don't want a manager or players from the central belt?

It doesn't really seem to me like you know very much when it comes to getting Aberdeen their first league success in forty years. Which is strange, because normally when I'm wanting well articulated ideas, thought through and presented in an easy to digest manner, I immediately think of asking someone who grew up in the central belt.

34 minutes ago, LightbulbMoment2021 said:

On the Donald's ffs there easily the best chairmen we have had in our history! Fs Sir fergie said as much last friday! I'm 46 i met Alex Smith in 1989 met sir Fergie in 2006. 

The best players, managers hail from the central belt. 

Graeme Souness turns into Jeremy Paxman as he asks Gary Neville same  question over and over again

Can you give examples of the Donald's having guts?