Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Us v Personal Hygiene Challenged Mob

Just now, Jute said:

Much better second half however now down to 9th. 

Yet again though Jute, it takes us being two down before we actually start playing

Still think Labada is offside and interfering with play at the the Victim's third goal

6 minutes ago, BigAl said:

One positive for me was Kennedy's contribution.

To be honest I'd start him on Saturday. 

Thought he did very well, as did Vinnie. The big plus though was that Gallagher looked like a defender.  He's got to stay in the team because he's the only composed one back there and the only one that you can rely on to win a long ball.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, redordead said:

Thought he did very well, as did Vinnie. The big plus though was that Gallagher looked like a defender.  He's got to stay in the team because he's the only composed one back there and the only one that you can rely on to win a long ball.

Would be good if Gallagher found a bit of form and partnered with Bates allowing McCrorie into midfield 👍

• Like 2

Meeting coincided with the second half so missed it, but didn't expect to read what I have done.  Suppose the result is as predicted, but good to read we'd got back into it.  My tuppence worth on their first two goals. Woods, WTF (should have got that) and second, well that was just unlucky.  Well apparently rested players tonight?  So we'll be in for a game on Saturday.

56 minutes ago, redordead said:

McRorie was the difference in the second half. Gallagher looked better too. So time to get him into midfield and not just shoehorned for a half.

A good tactical manager can work it out.

We have Glass who should know about defensive shape, we have Brown who is a motivator and able to coach how to play midfield and can get on the pitch and direct, we have whatsisname as a striker coach. And Henry’s cat and whatever it is he does. What does Apaloo doo?

Could we not get a tactics person like the Huns did with Beale? 

10 minutes ago, baggy89 said:

McRorie was the difference in the second half. Gallagher looked better too. So time to get him into midfield and not just shoehorned for a half.

A good tactical manager can work it out.

We have Glass who should know about defensive shape, we have Brown who is a motivator and able to coach how to play midfield and can get on the pitch and direct, we have whatsisname as a striker coach. And Henry’s cat and whatever it is he does. What does Apaloo doo?

Could we not get a tactics person like the Huns did with Beale? 

Apaloo is the tactics person. Unfortunately it seems he has to setup really badly first in order to see what the problems are. I didn't think the back three was a bad shout in fairness.

A decent game in the end, we were unlucky. Think it's offside. Their second was lucky, the first was atrocious goalkeeping. Some really good freekicks, with two great balls from Ojo who did okay when he came on (McGeouch was pish). Gallagher had a solid game and looked far better than McRorie has done in there. McRorie was far more reliable at right back and needs to stay there. Ferguson had a great second half and another goal against the Tims, and Ramirez' finishing is really top drawer (especially the offside one). The balance of the team was so much better with Kennedy and besuijen on the wings, who both played well. Hayes good again too. 

Just the first half setup and the stupid errors that ruined it.

Yup never a goal by them. Was just offside and interfered with play 100%.

Very tricky for linesman to call which is why we could've used var ffs.

Their 2nd was jammy af.

We played well 2nd half.

They looked all over the place at times.

Besuijen is a great find

Mcrorie i dont rate.he's slack af with passes at times as is Bates

Bates was like a totem pole for their first. He's a tall lad but so slow.move your feet ffs!

Gallagher looked pretty composed. Played his best game for us so far i think.

kennedy had some nice moves which came off for a change.

Hayes battled well as did Brown.

ojo and mcgeoch will be replaced with Polvara hopefully.

Ferguson played well.good goal.

We still play backwards at times too much when we have players forward and are attacking. Celtic defence were pressured but a few times we gave them time to get back.

We couldve had a penalty on Mcrorie when he was jumped on.

Woods was awful for 2nd goal.

Ramirez is a good striker. Good tecnique and needs more chances.(said he was going to be a bit of a hero at start of season. Not quite there yet.)

On that team's performance we may actually be starting to build some sort of team.

I'd still be looking to replace Bates and McRorie though(which won't happen) and keep ojo and mcgeoch on the bench and get another striker.

Surprised by some of our very good play and very unfortunate to not get a draw or a win.

32 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

I'm going to stick my neck out and say IF we got Snodgrass (won't happen) and 2 decent defenders (maybe Hoban being one of them), and played every week like that, then we would be challenging for a top 3 finish easily.

Hoban has retired......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1