Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Livi vs Dons

53 minutes ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Blaming Cormack IMO is totally wrong.  He has backed Glass to the hilt.  Not only has he had free reign to bring in 14 new players, he has also managed to hold on to Ferguson and Ramsay when he could have taken the cash for them

It's not totally wrong though, is it? We're in a transition season because Cormack didn't get his shit together earlier.

He hung McInnes and, by extension, the dons out to dry with the previous January window with the final day Hornby and friends fiasco. Losing a window is a massive setback for any team, you just can't afford to do that. Having made that error, presumably because he didn't trust McInnes and Richardson, he then took over six months to rectify that by employing Mowbray. That meant the inexperienced (in both management and UK football in general) Glass being expected to both coach a side and scout and recruit at the same time. I firmly believe that Jet wouldn't have been signed had Mowbray been there for example. We lost another window. I actually agree with Cormack's strategy of coaching positions rather than the traditional manager approach, but he was unacceptably slow at implementing it. It should have begun under McInnes, starting with the director of football and then recruitment. The majority should have been in place prior to the first interview, and that is entirely Cormack's fault. I don't believe Glass is a great manager, but he's been hung out to dry by poor decisions above him.

19 hours ago, LightbulbMoment2021 said:

Bottom line is cormack is a fraud and a liar. The lies we've been told we'll I'm not surprised people aren't demanding he step down!

Hand over to who? Who is currently wanting to come in and buy the club?

Cormack hasn't got everything right, but he has put his money where his mouth in, especially during the pandemic. There's a very small list of people willing to do that for Aberdeen at the moment.

2 hours ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

We have 14 games left of the season.  Get in Jack Ross now and let him get an early start on his preparations for next season.

The guy that has just been sacked by Hibs, or have you discovered a different Jack Ross?

I fully understand why some fans want Glass replaced, but all the suggestions I've seen so far are for Alex Neil (who doesn't want it), and Jack Ross (who has done nothing to justify getting it).

For me, the next month is massive for Glass. It's make it break whether he is still in charge for next season or not.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Panda said:

The guy that has just been sacked by Hibs, or have you discovered a different Jack Ross?

For me, the next month is massive for Glass. It's make it break whether he is still in charge for next season or not.

Ross did a decent job at Sunderland then took Hibs to third and to two cup finals, I'd take that over fighting to make the top half of the league. 

Why you would want Glass in charge for next season is beyond me.  I'm sure you said at the start of the season there was no way we would finish sixth?  

1 hour ago, wokinginashearerwonderland said:

Ross did a decent job at Sunderland

Did he? I seem to recall him failing in two attempts to get out of League One, despite a vastly superior budget to the rest of the division.

then took Hibs to third and to two cup finals, I'd take that over fighting to make the top half of the league. 

He was sacked with Hibs in seventh, is that not "fighting to make the top half of the league?"

Callum Davidson won both cups last season, not seen his name touted anywhere.

Why you would want Glass in charge for next season is beyond me.  I'm sure you said at the start of the season there was no way we would finish sixth?  

I haven't said he should be in charge for next season yet.

We haven't finished sixth. It's February.