Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Tims

That has to be worst Celtic team I have seen and we still lost. No wins in 9 and worst run of defeats since 2011. Dundee game is massive now. 

ETA - Been reminded of Lou Macari’s team which was worse than the current Victim FC but only just. 

Motm was Ramsay for me.

He was excellent.

I thought McKenzie was good too.

Our crosses and driving balls across the 6 yard box is shite.

And apart from Hayes excellent effort , our shooting is abysmal.

Do we seriously have a Striking Coach????

Thought we would be hummed so to lose by a goal is surprising but their defence is pish. 

21 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

Again, no we don’t. That was his role a couple of weeks a year with the England team. He’s our assistant manager/head coach/no. 2. According to Glass, a big part of his remit is designing set piece routines, which we seem to be generally ok at.

2 hours ago, HaarDon said:

You telling me he ISNT trying to advise our players on how to score goals?

Bullshit

He is, but he's more generally a coach. We do look good from set-pieces, but that has a lot to do with Ramsay's excellent delivery. Need to get Ferguson off the freekicks. 

We weren't bad today and were unlucky not to win or draw. Took us a long time to get into the game, we were rank for the first 30 minutes or so. Some much better performances today, Ramirez led the line well and Hayes ran his arse off, and Brown and Ferguson did well. Ramsay another good performance, but he struggles later in games and he should have done better for the goal. McKenzie showed his limitations today, he was okay but doesn't have the pace to support the attack and still defend. Bates and McRorie were okayish. Once again we attempted to pass from the back and had the ball fired straight back at us on numerous occasions, with Woods' distribution not great, nor McRorie's or Bates' for that matter. The Tims could have done much more to exploit it to be honest.

Speaking of the Tims, that's the worst team I've seen this century. They'll likely spend their way out of it in January, but at the moment they'll not finish second with that side.

4 hours ago, HaarDon said:

Our crosses and driving balls across the 6 yard box is shite.

Is your first sentence there not the biggest problem? I don't really recall many shots in the box that we made a mess of. 

A draw would have been a fair result, but you knew even when we were on top Celtic were the more likely to score. They have players who, even when the performance has been poor, can just produce something to cut open a defence.

At the goal Rogic does that; has his back to goal but takes a touch, two players on him, pulls them out then turns, passes and Celtic are in. Yes Ramsay gets caught napping but it's the type of movement that at the other end we never make. In a similar position we turn and blast a shot either over the bar or off a defender. We don't make enough clever movements like that.

Jet could be that player if he wasn't so lazy. 

Ferguson thinks he's that type of player but he's not, he doesn't cut teams open or at least not often enough. There was one moment in the first half when he played an outside of the foot pass and sent Samuels clear and was so impressed with himself he kept trying it and kept messing it up.

Samuels played okay but in the second half was wasting possession and after he did it once too often Glass turned and called for McLennan, but McLennan isn't a game changer. 

Hayes our best player I thought - worked well off both full-backs and was the one player who looked like making something happen.

Fuck, I nailed it. If only I was a betting man. I did wake to think thank fuck it was only two. But it seems hard to judge this game, lots of very differing opinions here, online and in chats. 

how did woods do? I know slim mentioned his distribution was poor, but was there any difference to having Lewis in goal?

still, hard to see where these next 3 points are going to come, think we all need to adopt the brace position. 

20 minutes ago, manc_don said:

Fuck, I nailed it. If only I was a betting man. I did wake to think thank fuck it was only two. But it seems hard to judge this game, lots of very differing opinions here, online and in chats. 

how did woods do? I know slim mentioned his distribution was poor, but was there any difference to having Lewis in goal?

still, hard to see where these next 3 points are going to come, think we all need to adopt the brace position. 

Don't really remember any saves from Woods. Celtic had two shits on target and not sure he could have done much about either of them.

• Haha 1

On Woods, he invited pressure on us on a few occasions with poor touches and passes. Lewis was getting accused of being poor on the ball, but it's evident that the problem lies with the defence and the tactics. Over the years, Lewis has never struggled with the ball into feet - quite the opposite. He's always been calm and sensible in possession, clearing long when required. The problems stem - for both keepers - when our defence pass it to them onto their wrong foot, pass it to them with a defender bearing down, when the defender doesn't either drop into the space or tell the keeper to go long. The defence today regularly passed it to Woods whilst very close to him. He'd then be under pressure in a second with no defender offering the relief of an easy pass. Our defenders aren't good enough to be playing it out from the back and they make both keepers look bad.

• Like 1

My two Bob from today.

Too tired after the early trip to look earlier.

Started under the cosh and slowly came into the game. Kyogo had fantastic movement and instinct. I put the goal more down to his sharpness than our marking.

Then we started to turn up. We seemed split across both sides of the pitch with nobody holding the middle of the pitch. Putting them under real pressure before half time and with more composure around the box. Should've gone in even.

Second half. Midfielders turned up. Brown and Ferguson started to win it in there and after our goal there only looked one winner.

We had our chances and had Hayes or Samuels had a bit better decision making, should've killed the game.

Then fucking Rogic came off the bench to do what he does to us every fucking time. He's crap all season and always turns up to bury us.

Quality of the play at the 2nd can't be argued although I think that had brown still been on, this may have been dealt with before Rogic could turn on the edge of the box.

Not hitting the panic button yet. Fingers crossed for a couple of goals at Dundee. Once the three points come I think we're more than capable of climbing the table by the year ended

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Panda said:

A draw would have been a fair result, but you knew even when we were on top Celtic were the more likely to score. They have players who, even when the performance has been poor, can just produce something to cut open a defence.

At the goal Rogic does that; has his back to goal but takes a touch, two players on him, pulls them out then turns, passes and Celtic are in. Yes Ramsay gets caught napping but it's the type of movement that at the other end we never make. In a similar position we turn and blast a shot either over the bar or off a defender. We don't make enough clever movements like that.

Jet could be that player if he wasn't so lazy. 

Ferguson thinks he's that type of player but he's not, he doesn't cut teams open or at least not often enough. There was one moment in the first half when he played an outside of the foot pass and sent Samuels clear and was so impressed with himself he kept trying it and kept messing it up.

Samuels played okay but in the second half was wasting possession and after he did it once too often Glass turned and called for McLennan, but McLennan isn't a game changer. 

Hayes our best player I thought - worked well off both full-backs and was the one player who looked like making something happen.

I think the only person who does that for us is Hedges.

We missed him badly yesterday.

We severely lack a person who can regularly shoot at goal and not sky it over the bar.

We also belted the ball up the pitch in hope about a million times that first half.

That's not good football to watch Glass and reeks of desperation.