Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs tims : SC semi edition

2 minutes ago, flooter said:

He ambles out at the first to close down Christie like a 60 year old man, feart of the ba maybe.  You might find that acceptable, I don't. 

I wouldn't find it acceptable if that's what happened, but it wasn't. He was hesitant because he was holding the line with the back three, which was probably a couple of yards further back than it should have been. But the blatant error was between McRorie and Kennedy. That type of scenario occurs one hundred times a game, they should know that one stays on the ball, the other goes with the runner. Considine shouldn't have been involved in that move at all, it should have been dealt with. The second is Considine's fault, getting completely caught under it a yard out, but again that ball shouldn't have been anywhere near him. Hoban should never be allowing that ball to be crossed and is probably a better example of someone ambling like a 60 year old.

Anyway, we've actually been significantly better than previous encounters against them, we've not exactly sat back. Hedges should be shooting after that great pass from Wright and we've had a lot of possession in good areas. Can't fault McInnes' approach to the game, just they're a good team who'll punish the slightest mistake. I think we've got a goal in us, hopefully it'll come early enough for us to get back in it.

Always up against it without Hayes but getting overrun in the middle today. Great strike by Christie but should not have been given the time. We really need to find a better option than Taylor if we are sticking with 3 at the back. His positional sense and passing are schoolboy level. Would be back in the pub if one was open.

6 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I wouldn't find it acceptable if that's what happened, but it wasn't. He was hesitant because he was holding the line with the back three, which was probably a couple of yards further back than it should have been. But the blatant error was between McRorie and Kennedy. That type of scenario occurs one hundred times a game, they should know that one stays on the ball, the other goes with the runner. Considine shouldn't have been involved in that move at all, it should have been dealt with. The second is Considine's fault, getting completely caught under it a yard out, but again that ball shouldn't have been anywhere near him. Hoban should never be allowing that ball to be crossed and is probably a better example of someone ambling like a 60 year old.

Anyway, we've actually been significantly better than previous encounters against them, we've not exactly sat back. Hedges should be shooting after that great pass from Wright and we've had a lot of possession in good areas. Can't fault McInnes' approach to the game, just they're a good team who'll punish the slightest mistake. I think we've got a goal in us, hopefully it'll come early enough for us to get back in it.

Are you in politics?  Waffle shite waffle zzzz. 

In my opinion we needed to be near perfect today and we weren’t. We made major mistakes that cost goals, and the second goal was a sucker punch. Game over from that. Celtic are decent, not great, and you can’t give them a two goal start. At 1 we’re still in it but I always felt 2-0 was game over. We weren’t bad but not as good as we needed to be. Ho hum.

Thought we played okay today but okay is never going to be good enough for us to beat Celtic. Said before the game that I felt starting Cosgrove was a mistake and think that proved to be the case. Shifted the focus of our attack from going at their back line with pace to going wide to get balls into Cosgrove which played to strengths of their centre backs. Thought we looked better once Cosgrove went off. 

I assume Edmundson was injured for the  haddie Main to get on. 

Think it would have been a sorer defeat if it had been a normal semi final,just my opinion though. Jonny in the side may have tipped the balance a bit,but we couldnt get near them for most of the first half TBH. One of those Celtic periods .If were stuck with what weve got meantime,can we get more out the existing personnel defensively,if we want to persist with/develop the same style of fitba(which I hope we do).  Can't Ash's defensive frailties be coached out of him? Weve seen the best of Consi like,but whats a reasonable grace period for them with the new system?   

5 hours ago, Elgindon said:

Think it would have been a sorer defeat if it had been a normal semi final,just my opinion though. Jonny in the side may have tipped the balance a bit,but we couldnt get near them for most of the first half TBH. One of those Celtic periods .If were stuck with what weve got meantime,can we get more out the existing personnel defensively,if we want to persist with/develop the same style of fitba(which I hope we do).  Can't Ash's defensive frailties be coached out of him? Weve seen the best of Consi like,but whats a reasonable grace period for them with the new system?   

I honestly wasn’t that bothered. Disappointed but it didn’t hurt. Last weeks draw hurt more because we were leading twice and I felt we could have won that game. We gave away two goals, errors, our own fault, and we were two down so early, it was over 23 minutes in and we beat ourselves. In my opinion it hurts more when we feel we’re wronged, unlucky, missed a ton of chances etc. None of that happened today. 

If hedges takes the shot on his right foot instead of taking the time to get it on to his left than it would have changed the course of the game. Some goal by Christie for their opener, their second was poor defensively from us though.

Although we didn't play badly, I think losing Hayes was a real sore one and could have been the difference. I think that is why Kennedy started to give us energy down the wing that we wouldn't have had with McLennan.

Never nice to lose a semi final though.

18 hours ago, flooter said:

Same shit different year, at least I don't have to trudge out of hampden and stand in line for an hour in the rain waiting to get on a train. 

McLennan has done well since he came on, hopefully gets a few starts now as was good last weekend as well. 

Disagree with the same shit part, although ultimately the same outcome.

100% agree with the other part of your opening sentence and bizarrely felt and said exactly the same yesterday afternoon.

18 hours ago, flooter said:

I'd love you to say that to my face. 

You would take one look at my cheeky grin and your anger would turn to warmth, and it'd end in a bosey. You wouldn't be the first.

It was an uncalled for comment. I apologise. I thought you wre being a prick, you probably weren't. Based on the exchange, I'd say that you were more in the right than me.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

You would take one look at my cheeky grin and your anger would turn to warmth, and it'd end in a bosey. You wouldn't be the first.

It was an uncalled for comment. I apologise. I thought you wre being a prick, you probably weren't. Based on the exchange, I'd say that you were more in the right than me.

I applaud you sir ?

On 02/11/2020 at 11:24, RicoS321 said:

Passions running high, I'm still right about Considine though :)

On 02/11/2020 at 11:11, BigAl said:

Disagree with the same shit part, although ultimately the same outcome.

100% agree with the other part of your opening sentence and bizarrely felt and said exactly the same yesterday afternoon.

Same shit was outcome not performance, my eyes have stopped bleeding this season.