Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Well vs Dons - Sat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seemed to boss the game & players appeared to be playing with some freedom, didnt expect that outcome at all tbh!

A lot of folk thinking we should stick with the midfield of Vyner & Leigh next week, but i dont think he will, probably find the blue eyed boy Fergie & Bryson will be in.  Credit where credits due though this was a good,unexpected win.

Seen highlights now , & it was never a pen, great save from Joe though & justice was done, all 3 of our goals were peaches, especially big  Sams dink over keeper.

Smaller than usual Dons support in Motherwell, but hopefully a few more performances like this will get the fans back on side.

I think/hope Leigh will be at lb against celtic but I would be surprised if vyner doesn't start in mid. I would be fine with it if Ferguson was alongside him as well 2bh.  I doubt Bryson will start as DM said prematch he wouldn't have even have had him on the bench on sat if he wasn't so injury hit.

Seriously considered staying in the pub when I saw the team and did not see that one coming. Joe’s penalty save was massive. 1-0 down after 5 minutes would have been disastrous I suspect. Great team performance. Leigh was outstanding in midfield and has to play there next week. Team looked far more comfortable playing the ball on the ground. Scored 3 cracking goals and should have had at least a couple more.

Seriously considered staying in the pub when I saw the team and did not see that one coming. Joe’s penalty even save was massive. 1-0 down after 5 minutes would have been disastrous I suspect. Great team performance. Leigh was outstanding in midfield and has to play there next week. Team looked far more comfortable playing the ball on the ground. Scored 3 cracking goals and should have had at least a couple more.

Would be very happy if we had another left back to keep him in midfield but Leigh in mid means Considine at left back and he’ll get ripped to shreds by Celtics pace. Against anyone but the old firm I’d be happy with Vyner and Leigh in center mid, good physical athletic midfielders are well suited to our league. On the other side, as many have said, would be happy for Ferguson to be dropped. He’s being way overplayed and I’d even suggest rotating him with Campbell or even Gleeson.

Got round to watching the redtv highlights tonight. First set i've enjoyed in ages. We had desire and played football. Each goal had their merits. That ball from Leigh though and the run from Cosgrove though. Poetry in motion.

It's a huge shame we have Celtic this weekend, as this was a performance we could really build from. Guess we'll see what changes.

[quote

Smaller than usual Dons support in Motherwell, but hopefully a few more performances like this will get the fans back on side.

I thought the same and you know things are bad if our away numbers drop as usually quite consistant.

Couldn't believe i was watching Aberdeen in the highlights as was like night and day with our previous performances this season.

I think Ferguson not being involved played a big part as that is a lad who needed dropping and it took a red card to get him out of the team, bad management from DM for me. No other young player has had the game time of Ferguson and I am worried he strolls straight back in.

Ferguson aside, it was a great team performance and we looked up for it. The three goals were all superb, but the finish from Sam was sublime and I for one never thought he had that in him. Maybe there is a player in him if used correctly, but if he keeps scoring some English non entity will bid for him in January.

I am a tad more enthused for this coming Sunday after Saturday but under no illusions it will be a hard game and just hope DM doesn't adopt his usual shit the bed tactics for it.

you telling us there are no youth midfielders ?

None that are better than our defenders out of position apparently, yes. And I include Dean Campbell. I don't doubt he loves the club etc etc but he's not close to being good enough yet and in my opinion it looks like he never will be. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Dunno tyrant, I think he looks pretty composed.  I like him.

Agreed. Watched him in the Scotland u19s against Germany and he was excellent. One of the best players on the park. Those were the best in his age-group. Gives you a sense of his abilities in a fairer setting. Modern fitba seems to be going the way of rugger in that you have to be hyper-fit and athletic to play in any top division. There were a handful of u19 ruggers in this world cup and they were specimens beyond their years. Campbell has all the atrributes but the physical presence. Reminds me of a younger Ryan Jack, and I think he'll go all the way if his physical development continues. He's getting a lot of game time at present and I'm not sure if it'd be better to have him out on loan as I don't think he's ready for SPL yet. Got exactly the amount of pitch time you'd expect McInnes to be giving youngsters like him at the weekend and I'd like to see that continue until January then reassess.

Campbell is a strange one. I honestly think he is too good to be sent out on loan to the Championship (well maybe to United but doubtful they'd want him) so if here were to be sent out anywhere, to learn anything it would need to be an SPL club. St Johnstone would probably be ideal but they are already starting to get isolated at the bottom of the league and probably feel if they need reinforcements then it would be experienced players required to help get them out of their predicament.

Not sure why he comes across as being a bit weak physically. He's 6ft and he most certainly isn't built slightly. I think his problem might be all in his own head.....not sure he is convinced he feels he should be on the same park as certain players yet.....although he as excellent in the away cup replay against sevco last season. Ojo being out for a while should have meant he gets plenty of game time but obviously Mcinnes has spotted he isn't really doing it at present, hence Vyner and Leigh starting at the weekend in his natural position. It worked well but I hope it doesn't become a regular occurrence as it is bound to dent the loon's confidence. A few weeks of coming off the bench, hopefully in sides that are winning might do him good. I remain convinced he will be a first pick in 12 -18 months and might make us a bit of cash somewhere down the line.

Campbell, as well as Ferguson, will only get better learning from the experienced players, the likes of Gleeson & Bryson, even Barry Robson, and the Manager himself? I put a question mark there as I don't really have any memory of McInnes as a player, I just know he was a Central Midfielder and he was a Captain at a few clubs.

Campbell is a good height, probably could do with a bit more in terms of build, but he does the basics well enough and that's a good start, he keeps it very simple. He will be fine as the years progress. But for the time being, I'd have Bryson, Ferguson, Gleeson, even Vyner, ahead of him in the middle of the park. I echo LA-DON's sentiments though, regarding Leigh at LB, I think that's important.