Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Lee Miller and Barry Nicholson in for contract talks next week

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im getting fed up with this. :hammer:

If youre not for us your agianst us so fuck off. Stop wasting the fans time, the managers time and the rest of your squads rime. Have a good time in the arse of nowhere league as a squad player and remember what the pinnacle of your career was.

Think that's a bit unfair. Has at times been a one man midfield & this being his last major deal he has every right to try & get a good a deal as possible.

We're not in any final yet.

Miller and Nicholson proved just what we are going to miss next season, they were immense last night.

:(

Do they really think they are going somewhere better than the Dons?  The lure of European football again next season might tempt them to stay.

Do they really think they are going somewhere better than the Dons?  The lure of European football again next season might tempt them to stay.

I'd like to think you were right but Miller and Nicholson will have £££££££££££££'s wafted in front of them to go to some non-descript English middle league outfit. ::)

I'd like to think you were right but Miller and Nicholson will have £££££££££££££'s wafted in front of them to go to some non-descript English middle league outfit. ::)

Another way to look at this is he's 29 (i think) and he's got a wife and family to think about. As this may be his last major contract, if he's getting offered, say £2500 per week + bonuses with us but he's getting £8500 per week + bonuses, its a bit of a non brainer!

Winners medals and MoM awards don't pay the mortgage when your career is over!

Another way to look at this is he's 29 (i think) and he's got a wife and family to think about. As this may be his last major contract, if he's getting offered, say £2500 per week + bonuses with us but he's getting £8500 per week + bonuses, its a bit of a non brainer!

Winners medals and MoM awards don't pay the mortgage when your career is over!

That's precisely how I was looking at it.

We can't afford to keep them.

Win may be key to keeping Nicholson

Published: 19/03/2008

ABERDEEN’S stunning Scottish Cup victory over Celtic could convince Barry Nicholson to stay, writes Andrew Moir.

The Dons could just be 90 minutes away from a European return and Nicholson has admitted he could commit his future to the Reds.

“Results like this and getting to Hampden makes things a little bit harder for me,†said Nicholson.

“The manager is going to be in a position to make an announcement soon.

“But I haven’t made a decision about my future yet.†Nicholson has more reason than most to savour the semi-final clash with Queen of the South at Hampden Park on April 12.

He added: “It’s going to be a big one for me as I was born in Dumfries so I’m going to be up against my hometown club.

“I’ve already had a few messages from my friends saying they’ll be in the Queen of the South end.

“But it’s a great chance for us to get through to the final but we have to be as professional as ever in that game.â€

Are star Dons duo staying or going?

Willie’s message to Dons duo

By Charlie Allan  ::)

Published: 20/03/2008

ABERDEEN will learn this week if Barry Nicholson and Lee Miller plan to stay at Pittodrie.

Nicholson and Miller, star performers in the sensational Scottish Cup win over Celtic, have still to say if they will accept the new deals offered to them.

Aberdeen’s Director of Football Willie Miller admitted it is now time for them to make that decision so that manager Jimmy Calderwood can get on with planning for the future.

“We are still waiting to hear if they are going to accept or decline the offers made to them,†said Miller, who expressed appreciation for the great contribution the duo made in the victory over Celtic.

“The door has been left open for both to stay, but the longer things drag on the more you worry that won’t happen.

“We want them to stay, of course. It’s now up to them.

“We have made the best offers possible – they won’t change.

“It’s a simple business situation, as it was when Michael Hart and Chris Clark were negotiating new contracts.

“The terms offered by us won’t alter because I refuse to let this club go down the same route as the likes of Gretna.

“But these are exciting times to be at Aberdeen and we are hoping Barry and Lee will decide they want to stick around for a bit longer.

“If not, we will start the process of finding replacements of equal or better standard.â€

Miller praised the whole squad and manager Jimmy Calderwood for booking a semi-final showdown with Queen of the South and leaving the Dons potentially 90 minutes away from booking a return to the UEFA Cup.

Miller said: “Before the season began I spoke about the importance of getting at least one good cup run. Now we’ve had three.  :thumbsup:

“The win over Celtic was fantastic and everyone – the players and coaching staff – deserves enormous credit.

“It has ensured an exciting finale to the season for our fans and that’s always been the priority.â€

• 3 weeks later...

Bottom line is that we cannae afford not to play them.

Nicholson was just interviewed on BBC radio and said that he would be releasing the news very soon.

And that it was going to be a hard decision and he doubts whether winning cups and qualifying for Europe would influence his decision very much.

If he was staying you'd presume that WOULD influence his decision.

He's gone. :wave:

Nicholson was just interviewed on BBC radio and said that he would be releasing the news very soon.

And that it was going to be a hard decision and he doubts whether winning cups and qualifying for Europe would influence his decision very much.

maybe he is staying regardless? :thumbsup:

What else do plyers want out of a career then?