Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons v RoPS 1st Leg

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Although it felt like a loss leaving the stadium the other night having conceded late, it was an encouraging performance overall.  Looked like we will try to play much more of a passing game this season where we were trying to just lump it for most of last season.

We had SO many chances it was crazy. 36 attempts on goal, 15 on target is some going and their keeper played well plus big Sam's finishing let him down numerous times (tap in miss at Merkland end looked ridiculous).

New signings had decent debuts and will get better. Hedges looking to take too many touches for me.  Scott Wright worries me and beginning to think he cannot cut it at this level.  The team must work harder at winning the ball back though because we were opened up too easily at times.

Gallagher looks a real find.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gallagher looks a real find.

Anyone know the ins and outs of his contract situation in the States ?

Is it pie in the sky to think we might be able to get him on a permanent deal if he keeps impressing until his loan period is up ?

US season restarts in March. It seems a bit of a stretch to think that Atlanta wouldn't be open to doing a deal with us right now given he never figured at all for their first team. Probably fairly cheaply too...….pure guesswork but I think £100k would get him.

However if he were to shine here over the next couple of months? It would certainly alert other clubs down south maybe top end EFL1 possibly even up to mid table Championship that there might be a player worth taking a punt on. Atlanta would encourage a bidding war and we might find that by the time his loan is up that we might need to offer £300k upwards to get him onboard. Even if we could afford that....he might fancy an English club more. I honestly think we have to take a gamble now and make the offer, otherwise we will miss the boat

US season restarts in March. It seems a bit of a stretch to think that Atlanta wouldn't be open to doing a deal with us right now given he never figured at all for their first team. Probably fairly cheaply too...….pure guesswork but I think £100k would get him.

However if he were to shine here over the next couple of months? It would certainly alert other clubs down south maybe top end EFL1 possibly even up to mid table Championship that there might be a player worth taking a punt on. Atlanta would encourage a bidding war and we might find that by the time his loan is up that we might need to offer £300k upwards to get him onboard. Even if we could afford that....he might fancy an English club more. I honestly think we have to take a gamble now and make the offer, otherwise we will miss the boat

I'd probably agree with this, well, probably before the window shuts anyway, so we've got a few more games to assess him.  He's certainly impressed, good to see someone with some drive. Just need him to find his shooting boots, but at least he was in the right positions to take shots last week.