Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Kilmarnock v Aberdeen

Boyd is a panto villain and nothing else.  I found it all highly amusing.

I see the BBC are suggesting he "wound up the Aberdeen fans". I'm sure most were merely shaking their heeds at him making a fool of himself.

Plus, if he doesn't actually have special needs, I think it's pretty poor show to be imitating someone who does...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He takes plenty stick from us and gives it back. Usually Aberdeen win the match so the joke is usually on him. It's just a wind up from both sides.

Nothing to see here

Correct. He hates Aberdeen and never forgot the first time we gave him Sumo at Pittodrie. It's a mark of respect really. We don't sing anything at really shite or nondescript footballers. He was getting slagged cos he's good. I would not have expected Richard Gough to mimic the chants he was getting. That would certainly have gotten him into trouble.

To me it appeared to be more excessive than usual from him, even when mobbed by his own players, he was fighting through them to goad even more, perhaps he was trying to get us to throw stuff at him, wouldn't put it past the cunt to be honest, given all that's happened this last week or so, anything to put the boot in further to suit his argument that some of our fans are thugs, remember.

The fans deserve credit for laughing it off, then subsequently getting the last laugh " Boydy, what's the score, Boydy, Boydy what's the score "

I just wish we had someone with some sort of fight about them to have a word in his ear about it, and generally get it right up him, but nobody appears to have that in our team, fight I mean, takes zero pish etc...

To me it appeared to be more excessive than usual from him, even when mobbed by his own players, he was fighting through them to goad even more, perhaps he was trying to get us to throw stuff at him, wouldn't put it past the cunt to be honest, given all that's happened this last week or so, anything to put the boot in further to suit his argument that some of our fans are thugs, remember.

The fans deserve credit for laughing it off, then subsequently getting the last laugh " Boydy, what's the score, Boydy, Boydy what's the score "

I just wish we had someone with some sort of fight about them to have a word in his ear about it, and generally get it right up him, but nobody appears to have that in our team, fight I mean, takes zero pish etc...

I think that's taking conspiracy to a new level. It seems like he enjoys the villain tag and the "banter". When McInnes shook his hand at the end of the game Boyd had a smile about something, so I wonder if McInnes had a joke with him about it. I think it's great to be honest, I'd far rather a player like that than the bland identikit players they churn out these days. It's entertaining. The folk that get upset about it in the dons end - and there are some (not suggesting you KFP) - need to get over it.

Boyd said on sportsound last week if dm wanted him he would sort out afc's scoring problem.  It was tongue in cheek but the fact he even said it indicates he doesn't hate Aberdeen.  It's all just a bit of banter and I think folk need to stop being so precious about it. 

I think that's taking conspiracy to a new level. It seems like he enjoys the villain tag and the "banter". When McInnes shook his hand at the end of the game Boyd had a smile about something, so I wonder if McInnes had a joke with him about it. I think it's great to be honest, I'd far rather a player like that than the bland identikit players they churn out these days. It's entertaining. The folk that get upset about it in the dons end - and there are some (not suggesting you KFP) - need to get over it.

I absolutely get the banter tag with Boyd, it has been ongoing for many years now, but I just thought it was more over the top, even by his standards, than normal on Sunday. Perhaps I am more upset, or annoyed even, that we don't have someone in our team that winds up opposition players, fans etc... Our players just get abused for " Being divers, gretting faced cunts at officials etc... "

Boyd said on sportsound last week if dm wanted him he would sort out afc's scoring problem.  It was tongue in cheek but the fact he even said it indicates he doesn't hate Aberdeen.  It's all just a bit of banter and I think folk need to stop being so precious about it.

Imagine that, definitely finished now, but a few seasons back, I'd have taken him, perhaps controversial to some, but he is a goalscorer, his record speaks for itself.

Imagine that, definitely finished now, but a few seasons back, I'd have taken him, perhaps controversial to some, but he is a goalscorer, his record speaks for itself.

don't think it's controversial at all, he was on his day, one of the best goal scorers in the league. His antics are a bit OTT these days and whilst it is still banter, the stuff he says in the press is very hunnish. He doesn't need to do that to make a name for himself.  Look at Stewart. The time of being hunnish in the press is dying, just the scottish press don't know it yet.

few seasons ago i would have snapped your hand off for boyd, 2bh he could probably still do a job for any team in the league given his predatorial instinct.  I would rather play Anderson though, his goal on sunday was first class and any of the top drawer pen box stikers to play in red would have been proud of it.  The baggio from banf stikes again!

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Heard one of the boys on Sportsound comparing Boyd's celebration to what Lennon did last week.  Must admit that I had not thought of it like that until I heard that the other day.  They are really just the same sort of thing yet Lennon is accused of inciting the crowd while Boyd is just "having banter".  All about interpretation.

Heard one of the boys on Sportsound comparing Boyd's celebration to what Lennon did last week.  Must admit that I had not thought of it like that until I heard that the other day.  They are really just the same sort of thing yet Lennon is accused of inciting the crowd while Boyd is just "having banter".  All about interpretation.

It's interpretation of the atmosphere by the individual involved. It's about taking responsibility. Killie were at home and aren't a rival of Aberdeen's. Lennon didn't deserve a coin off the coupon, but he should have known that there was a high risk of it compared to at a Motherwell match for example. Similarly, if Boyd was doing a risk assessment of his actions prior to doing them then he'd know that there was little risk of a coin off his coupon against the dons. I think we're at risk of regulating entertainment out of the game instead of allowing common sense to dictate. Common sense dictates that - as a manager - you don't directly antagonise the support of your biggest rival. Common sense dictates that Boyd was having a laugh - partly at his own expense - in front of fans that largely don't give a fuck about the club he plays for.