Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Kilmarnock v Aberdeen

Some valid points above,and I also think our intent is part of the problem.Wish we'd go into games on the front foot because I dont think our players enjoy,nor are very good at the 'containment'/ soaking up pressure style.The worry is,McInnes may be thinking were getting results therefore this justifies my tactics,rather than,can I get more out of what Ive got?

Looks like it might be a case of scrape and scratch our way to January,and hope we can majicly find the missing player or 2 that will allow us to play more cohesively,and a tad more optimisticly.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not been sure what we're trying to do for most of this season.

Think it's very harsh to say that Ferguson was tripe today. He was okay, certainly does his job a hell of a lot better than Shinnie and Ball.

Wasn't tripe but was pretty inconspicuous for 80 minutes.....not his fault as the defence played 2 or 3 passes amongst themselves then proceeded to blooter the ball anywhere vaguely in the direction of the Killie 18 yard line.

Ball is only here because DM realised that Gleeson is absolute gowder. I expect we will get him in on a free next summer and I've no problem with that as a useful squad player....Rico is correct that him, Ferguson and Shinnie don't work as a unit whilst on the park together (when trying to score goals anyway).

The pitch was horrendous, balls bouncing 2 feet plus higher than they would on a grass pitch. Big advantage to a side playing on it every second week. I doubt it was watered but Ayrshire took a drenching last night so there would have been no need to anyway. It's 3 points but I expect a far better showing next wee against Hivs

Would like to see Scott Wright & Bruce Anderson start on Friday, lets have a right go & play to OUR strengths, hopefully with G.M.S & McGinn back on form.

Unfortunately the money Wilson is on means he will probably start, although he has been garbage for 2 out of our last 3 games.  Big game next Friday, but win it & we are back in the mix.

Hopefully come January, we are in the mix & we can offload/strengthen.

Wasn't tripe but was pretty inconspicuous for 80 minutes.....not his fault as the defence played 2 or 3 passes amongst themselves then proceeded to blooter the ball anywhere vaguely in the direction of the Killie 18 yard line.

Ball is only here because DM realised that Gleeson is absolute gowder. I expect we will get him in on a free next summer and I've no problem with that as a useful squad player....Rico is correct that him, Ferguson and Shinnie don't work as a unit whilst on the park together (when trying to score goals anyway).

The pitch was horrendous, balls bouncing 2 feet plus higher than they would on a grass pitch. Big advantage to a side playing on it every second week. I doubt it was watered but Ayrshire took a drenching last night so there would have been no need to anyway. It's 3 points but I expect a far better showing next wee against Hivs

The pitch really was atrocious, you rightly mention the bounce of the ball which was ridiculous, but also the run of the ball was so fast & hard to control, Killie have an obvious advantage playing on it regularly.

I don't like Wilson. Get the cunt to fuck. Our youngsters are already better than him and they're not on 30k a week and signed with an arsehole big club.

I don't like Shinnie in midfield. I love his passion and commitment but he's shit as a play maker and also as a play breaker.

I don't like GMS. He's a twinkle toes weak weak man who's occasional flashes of excellence don't make up for his majority of minutes contribution that is worth fuck all. Which is why he's failed in his career and is going backwards big style.

I don't dislike Ball but he's just not very good. No team can ever succeed giving cunts like him a game.

I don't understand re-signing McGinn but he's obviously still one of our best players. This is a sad indictment of how poor our signings have been for the whole time under this manager-that-our-chairman-loves.

I don't like the chairman and I don't like the manager. But I guess you already knew that.

“ I spoke with Niall (about his reaction when he came off). He is disappointed with himself more than anything. "

I missed this, anyone see it?

Didn't see it. 

I assume McGinn was thinking "how the fuck am I getting hooked when GMS is still on the pitch?", that's certainly what i was thinking.

Well that was a bit of a pish watch but tremendous result to get 3 points and actually for the first time this season has been a really good week!

I did think that if we could get out of 2nd gear we might be ok and I thought May contributed pretty well

I'm still raging that we don't have a proper strike force and our sensational summer isgnings have both turned out to be awful but canny complain as we are in a final and are now knocking on the door for top 6

And thank fuck we beat Killie cause I cannot stand that odious wee club

Love ricos response to my temerity to question Ball and Shinnie, I guess when you the play the man you lose the argument. Anyway you like a long winded analysis paralysis ramble so let me answer fully or as fully as i can muster.

1) Dom Ball

Played most of his career as a CB, his DNA is to play like a CB. DM deploys him as a DMC. One cannot question. Let me proffer a perspective.

I like Dom, he does his best and  isnt a shitebag, he can cope v poor opposition in that position. However  if you want to progress and move forward a defensive midfielder (actually a bit of a misnomer in my opinion) has to have a high level of technical ability be able to pass control and very quickly get ball out of his feet and start attacking play .. Callum Mcgregor played that role for Celtic at weekend a masterclass. Dom Ball , is not an DMC , he is a CB being force fitted into a position by a few managers. I wouldnt sign him.

2) Shinnie

O captain my captain !  Similar argument. He is conditioned to play LB , what he has over Dom is better , but not sufficient technical ability, but  a heart of a lion and will to win.

That gets you so far, he appears to be beyond criticism at times. His positional sense is terrible, he is lightweight, technically for that position he is deficient, passing ,control, decision making at times is horrendous... root cause DNA is a LB. He mitigates due to what i have stated.

Final comment lets give Ferguson some breathing space when he isnt good, DM is hyping him up which am not sure is ultimately positive.

Would like to see Scott Wright & Bruce Anderson start on Friday, lets have a right go & play to OUR strengths, hopefully with G.M.S & McGinn back on form.

Unfortunately the money Wilson is on means he will probably start, although he has been garbage for 2 out of our last 3 games.  Big game next Friday, but win it & we are back in the mix.

Hopefully come January, we are in the mix & we can offload/strengthen.

Wilson isn't the problem.

How many players have as you say " been garbage, 2 of the 3 last games" ?

Just asking.

Love ricos response to my temerity to question Ball and Shinnie

Fucking moron. You didn't question Ball and Shinnie, you incorrectly stated that they were defenders. They're not, and it's a fucking thick argument to pursue. You're well put most recent argument is pretty hard to take seriously when you put such a pathetic argument forward previously. I think it's a ridiculously harsh judgement of Shinnie, for what it's worth, but otherwise I'm in agreement as is obvious from my other posts, which is why your "temerity" shite makes you sound even more stupid.

Didn't see it. 

I assume McGinn was thinking "how the fuck am I getting hooked when GMS is still on the pitch?", that's certainly what i was thinking.

God brought it up on the radio when it happened and said it was just frustration.

He may well be playing shyte, but still managed to set up the equalizer and is usually capable of creating something when on the pitch, but doesn't offer us anywhere near the level of performance he was capable of during his first spell with us.

Imo we are missing Maclean in the middle of the park big time.  He was a player who was always looking to get the ball regardless of whether he had a player around him and we have not been able to dominate a midfield since he left really. 

Re May, I think some of you are being very harsh.  Both goals yesterday came from really good build up play from him.  His ball through to shinnie that led to the free kick was excellent.

All in it's been a very good weeks work from AFC.  Big test on friday coming but we have reasons to be optimistic. 

Imo we are missing Maclean in the middle of the park big time.  He was a player who was always looking to get the ball regardless of whether he had a player around him and we have not been able to dominate a midfield since he left really. 

Re May, I think some of you are being very harsh.  Both goals yesterday came from really good build up play from him.  His ball through to shinnie that led to the free kick was excellent.

All in it's been a very good weeks work from AFC.  Big test on friday coming but we have reasons to be optimistic.

Indeed, certainly is.

Interesting to note regarding Friday's game, for all the plaudits Hibernian have been getting, we're level on points with them going into this. Surely, for the love of fuck, we won't go into this one with the same setup and mindset as our 2 previous fixtures against them so far this season? 

Indeed, certainly is.

Interesting to note regarding Friday's game, for all the plaudits Hibernian have been getting, we're level on points with them going into this. Surely, for the love of fuck, we won't go into this one with the same setup and mindset as our 2 previous fixtures against them so far this season?

You'd hope not, especially being the home side.  I actually think we need to accept that our strikers aren't our main problem.  As you say, we're being dominated in midfield which is preventing us from doing anything. Our service from the wings is pretty woeful too. That's not to say our strikers are up to standard, but it's not all their fault.

I am not sure what to make of the Boyd celebration in front of Aberdeen fans on Sunday. First of all respect for the away fans to keep their cool and not throw anything at him, can imagine the uproar if they had. If Boyd had done this in a match involving any of the Glasgow Two the outcome would have been very different.

Were players celebrating in that sort of way to away fans not banned by the SPFL, may be wrong.

Boyd is 35 years old and acted like he was 10. He is still a complete dick.  :wave: