Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celtic V Aberdeen League Cup Final - Sunday 2nd Dec

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thought lowe was excellent, not sure we will be able to extend loan, maclennan decent also, dom ball dug in, but his passing , shooting etc is woeful

Balls passing being piss poor is surely a draw back for a midfielder.

Another cup final another defeat. Fine defensively but created nothing. To many players today who’s main attribute is effort but that’s it. Little or no footballing ability from some.

What happened to GMS? Not had a chance to see any highlights yet.

Cross into Celtic box by Shay, GMS heads it goalward but easily saved. However Boyata also dives for the ball and connects with GMS right on the napper. GMS immediately spark out, Shinnie calling for medical team and stretcher immediately......stretcher team saunter on about 45 seconds later tho both team docs got there pdq.

Boyata hobbles off groggily and gets stitched up pitchside whilst GMS still unconscious loaded onto stretcher. Apparently he regained consciousness in the ambulance on way to hozzy. No updates as yet but as I've said before I really don't expect to see him back prior to the January break.

Celtic score in the 5th minute of the 6 minutes added time at end of first half

EDIT....should've said that I've seen some of our supporters saying Boyata should've walked for the challenge. There were no replays at all of the incident far less close ups but I honestly think it was pure bad luck by 2 committed players going for the ball absolutely no malice intended by Boyata.

We gave Bain little or nothing to do all game, got what we deserved. Cosgrove is shite. We severely lack a central midfielder who wants to run the game. Lowe would be a fantastic permanent addition.

Agree with all that.Would add,I'd prefer we employed an attack with pace v Celtic,and with guys that can move and receive the ball quickly.Taking the big man up front out of the equation,rarely succesful IMO,you would hope might force more invention.Thought McLennan showed a bit of promise today,and nothing to lose trying Anderson in stages from now too

A bit sad when were relieved we only got beat 1- 0 though

Connor McLennan is another outstanding young prospect. As was Scott Wright, Bruce Anderson and Frank Ross. And it was equally obvious that James Maddison was also a brilliant young talent.

But they're only a prospect once. The idea is to take that prospective showing, work with them, develop their skills and fill their heads with the right attitudes starting with a robust work ethic.

Whilst the reason why too many footballers who have gone backwards under this manager may or may not be DIRECTLY related to not working hard enough in training, it's a fucking crime that these senior favourite journeymen donkeys keep the bright young things out of the team.

Proof of how shit Aberdeen fans are is how they sang the manager's name after this final and after the semi. When they watch football do they not know what they're looking at? Don't they ask the obvious questions, the most obvious today being why haven't we seen enough of this McLennan character? Have they been brainwashed by Milne and his sick agenda? Do they listen to what the GWT says about McInnes, again without wondering why this fucking geriatric is on OUR payroll?

McInnes is diseased towards youth. One that he didn't fancy scored in the EPL yesterday and got selected for his country. Meanwhile our brainbox manager thought it was a great idea to re-sign McGinn, another fucking wage thief who wouldn't give his boss any grief, being so fortunate that anyone gives him the money that we do.

Fucking shambles. All too predictable under these clowns running our club.

Better performance than expected today. Our real problem was all too obvious today. no composure or guile in the midfield. I lost count of the balls we lumped forward leaving cosgrove 2 on 1 at best. I heard Derek say on BBC today that the strikers hadn't set the grass alight this season. Ronaldo would struggle when you fire the ball up the pitch 40 yds with two or 3 men marking you.

The most sickening thing today was the Strathclyde Police and their handling of the young fool who went on to the pitch.

No the most sickening thing was getting beat. Fuck that little cunt for getting the game stopped when we're 1-0 down and running out of time in a cup final. Cops did a fine job, I'd have leathered him myself given the chance.

Well we battled hard and the players pretty much gave their all, but in the final third of the pitch we were woeful, not helped by losing GMS to a bad head knock, which up until then we were doing fine, then sickeningly losing the goal just before half time and lo and behold it was Christie who scored it, oh the joys of developing other teams in the same leagues players.

I thought Max Lowe was the standout on the pitch today, what a player he could end up being and not a hope in hell of getting him on a permanent deal.

The refereeing was shyte, didn't contribute to the result overall and justice looked to be served when Joe saved the pen, which didn't look like a pen from where I was standing, though didn't have the best of views, but he shouldn't be allowed near top flight games IMO.

Not sure how we resolve our issues in attack, which will be hurt even more with GMS out for a few weeks as per standard with that type of knock, but hopefully Wright or McLennan can step up and offer us something which we are missing and start to create chances for someone to put away.

A big shout out to the Glasgow Police who showed utter ineptitude when dealing with the loon on the pitch, fuck they like the pomp of marching out on to the pitchside after a goal is scored or a penalty awarded, but their response to a minor incident yesterday was embarrassing.

Scott Brown really is a horrible cunt and why nobody has ever taken him out with a real horror tackle is a mystery.

The most sickening thing today was the Strathclyde Police and their handling of the young fool who went on to the pitch.

Thought he was going to stop behind the goals and not go any further.

He'll be a lucky loon is he hasn't taken a few sore ones after restisting the way he did.

Looked like a slip of a loon and it took about ten of them to get him away.

i have already said  al lowe was good we played zero football, and a highland league player at cf, keep clapping

Ever think there might be a middle ground between being a moaning miserable bastard and a happy clapper ?

Not sure where I'm supposed to have said that I was happy with that yesterday.

What I am saying is I disagree with the words "horseshit, no gameplan"

Course there was a gameplan, it was clear for all to see.

Get the midfield three on top of Rogic,McGregor & Christie and stop their creativity.

Did we execute it perfectly, like fuck we did, but doesn't mean it didn't exist.

Gutting result but it was a good performance.

We seemed to be going man to man when they were in possession, Edouard drops deep and takes the CB's high, Shinnie goes to sleep and losses his man, then an incredible bit of good fortune for Christie that the ball deflects back off Lewis into an area his foot is in as he's falling. Think that was their only shots on target in the entire first half.

Not sure what Cosgrove brings other than encouraging high balls, I'd have had Anderson in from the start. We seemed to be breaking at speed at the turnover and I don't think that suited him at all, didn't suit Wilson either as he likes too much time on the ball. I think Sutton's only piece of non pro-tim commentary was when Anderson came on and he stated he was the most natural finisher on the pitch. Would not have been one bit surprised, had he been on the pitch at the time, if Anderson had got on the end of Lowe driven cross at the back post.

Lowe had "the form player in Scottish football" in his pocket the entire time he was on the pitch.

Hopefully McLennan is given and takes his chance now, and when GMS recovers McGinn is the one dropped.

Ball had a good game, I'd have him in instead of Shinne and give Shinnie a rest before the festive fixture pile-up.

As for the "handball" what a fucking joke. Surely the first rule of reffing is; if your not sure, you can't give it. The fact is that Ball heads it onto his arm outside the box. That he got it so spectacularly wrong, shows that there is no way he could have been sure. The he ignores Ntcham's blatant control with his hand, which, I think, created a goal scoring opportunity.

The laddie on the pitch looked affa like my estranged loon  :hammer:

Why estranged? Were you penetrating him in his infancy or childhood to satiate your odd need to involve males in your sex? Although it's not odd or abnormal at all these days apparently. But you did say straight sex was a "chore".

Or did you pick a bad woman to procreate with and "she's turned the weans against us"?

Fuck it, I'll stick my neck out yet again, and defend Cosgrove. He won 8 out of 10 headers and brought others in to play when it was played at his feet. He was isolated again, and how can he blamed when he is doing his job? It's not like he wasn't winning headers and was giving the ball away. He did his job, the Ferguson's and the Shinnie's didn't do theirs, yet no one is having a go at them  :

Cosgrove is not the answer if we are to play 1 Striker, I know that, but he did his job yesterday, but appears many would rather we went with the utterly inept May  :hammer:

Nobody should take that as a personal insult, I am just struggling to understand why Cosgrove is the fall guy when he didn't put a foot wrong.

Cosgrove plays up front for us. Yet his job is not to score goals. (already a red flag!) His job is to aid advancement by winning headers and flick ons. His job is to be a handful and make life difficult for Celtic. He failed to do his job. I don't blame him. He provided what he usually provides - fuck all. He shouldn't have been selected.

Having said that I thought everyone else on the park was good. I was happy with the guts that we showed because all too often this fundamental necessity is lacking. We didn't create a massive amount but as someone else correctly pointed out we were much better than in the semi a month ago. I can't help but feel things would've been very different had GMS not been hurt. I don't think we'd have conceded that goal and we might have created more going forward. Maclennan was exciting and deserves a start. Whether that comes at Ibrox or not is a big decision but if you ask me why not. Put him in and let him cause Rangers problems.

Shinnie and Ball were good. As were the back 4. Lewis' save was great and kept us fighting. I thought that have been the turning point but it wasn't to be.

The less said about the officiating the fucking better but the "penalty" was far from the only poor decision made yesterday. It's tough to win a game that sometimes seems rigged. It's all very well us chanting "Fuck the SFA!" but we're the fucking idiots who've all spunked £35 a ticket that goes straight into their/the SPFL's hipper.

The Tim fans were cunts and behaved worse than the Huns did a month ago. Lots of goading before and after the game. Luckily I'm a reasonable and rational man and as a result I'm not due in court today for retaliating.

Fuck it, I'll stick my neck out yet again, and defend Cosgrove. He won 8 out of 10 headers and brought others in to play when it was played at his feet. He was isolated again, and how can he blamed when he is doing his job? It's not like he wasn't winning headers and was giving the ball away. He did his job, the Ferguson's and the Shinnie's didn't do theirs, yet no one is having a go at them  :

Cosgrove is not the answer if we are to play 1 Striker, I know that, but he did his job yesterday, but appears many would rather we went with the utterly inept May  :hammer:

Nobody should take that as a personal insult, I am just struggling to understand why Cosgrove is the fall guy when he didn't put a foot wrong.

Excellent post.

Cosgrove is a unit, one who wins aerial battles and has football intelligence. He holds up and lays off well. Another huge plus is that he is combative by nature and has big fight in him. He did exactly what he was supposed to do yesterday, which unfortunately on the other hand is the maximum of his capabilities because prolific goal scorer he will never be, not being able to kick a football with pace towards the goal being a rather fatal technical handicap for a competent striker. 

The problem was there was nobody around him to feed off the headers won. I agree Shinnie and Ferguson were toothless yesterday. Shinnie was shite yet again and it was him going to sleep that gave Christie his goal, the one difference in the whole game. Ferguson has had too much smoke blown up his arse from McInnes and is far from a finished article. But it's harsh just to blame those two. GMS and McGinn could be feeding off Cosgrove too but the whole thing doesn't work.

On many occasions yesterday we had all 11 players in either the left or right half of the pitch. A goal kick from Lewis was targeting Sam on the right so every one of our 10 outfield players were right of the centre spot. A throw in on the left similarly had every AFC player left of the centre spot. McInnes doesn't even understand how to use GMS and McGinn to maintain width, to create options when we do win possession, to make space to stretch the opposition.

McLennan on the left and another youngster on the right - I would try Wright - should be straight swaps for GMS and McGinn.

Cosgrove plays up front for us. Yet his job is not to score goals. (already a red flag!) His job is to aid advancement by winning headers and flick ons. His job is to be a handful and make life difficult for Celtic. He failed to do his job. I don't blame him. He provided what he usually provides - fuck all. He shouldn't have been selected.

Having said that I thought everyone else on the park was good. I was happy with the guts that we showed because all too often this fundamental necessity is lacking. We didn't create a massive amount but as someone else correctly pointed out we were much better than in the semi a month ago. I can't help but feel things would've been very different had GMS not been hurt. I don't think we'd have conceded that goal and we might have created more going forward. Maclennan was exciting and deserves a start. Whether that comes at Ibrox or not is a big decision but if you ask me why not. Put him in and let him cause Rangers problems.

Shinnie and Ball were good. As were the back 4. Lewis' save was great and kept us fighting. I thought that have been the turning point but it wasn't to be.

The less said about the officiating the fucking better but the "penalty" was far from the only poor decision made yesterday. It's tough to win a game that sometimes seems rigged. It's all very well us chanting "Fuck the SFA!" but we're the fucking idiots who've all spunked £35 a ticket that goes straight into their/the SPFL's hipper.

The Tim fans were cunts and behaved worse than the Huns did a month ago. Lots of goading before and after the game. Luckily I'm a reasonable and rational man and as a result I'm not due in court today for retaliating.

But he was providing Tyrant? He won headers and laid the ball off when it was played at his feet. That was our game plan, to aim long balls at him, set pieces at him, throw ins at him, he won the majority of them, but nobody was there to feed off it. And the odd time that there was, nobody was in the box for us. GMS's header ( before his horrendous injury ) was the only time it worked and we had bodies in the box, Cosgrove got us up the pitch, we win a throw in, from resulting throw in Logan puts in a good cross and we caused a problem.

That is solely down to the manager and what he asked the players to do. I can absolutely guarantee you that had we played any of Wilson, May or Anderson with that same system and game plan, it would have been backs to the walls for the entire game, it would not have stuck as much as it did. But thanks to Cosgrove, he was bringing others into play and we were winning a corner here and a throw in there, that is where we were yesterday, that was our plan. Cosgrove contributed to it. Was he brilliant? Far from it, did he do his job? Yes. Ferguson, GMS & McGinn were responsible for feeding off that, but they were too focused on their defensive duties to take that gamble a lot of the time.

Defensively we were solid, but we lacked creativity and spark middle to front because our midfielders were following Tim players around like flies to shite. I suppose that is why it worked defensively.

Rocket, spot on, Shinnie switched off and allowed Christie the run in behind, you're the 1st person I have seen or heard acknowledge that, McKenna & Considine were blamed, it was a ball over the top of them, not sure what they were meant to do?

Tyrant, again, need to reiterate, not having a personal go at you min, we all see games of football differently, for me, Cosgrove did his job, others didn't.

Rocket, spot on, Shinnie switched off and allowed Christie the run in behind, you're the 1st person I have seen or heard acknowledge that, McKenna & Considine were blamed, it was a ball over the top of them, not sure what they were meant to do?

I said at HT on this thread that one mistake was the difference. Switch off for a second or words to that effect. If it wasn't obvious to any of us at the game at the time, I've since seen the highlights and there's no debate to be had. Our captain, a natural left back, isn't delivering in the middle of the park. Those fuckwits with their seagull video didn't prophesise that it would be "we've got Graeme Shinnie" who would make the one fatal error that separated the sides but there's no question that he did.