Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celtic V Aberdeen League Cup Final - Sunday 2nd Dec

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Stewart's answer, in part, when asked if " Aberdeen have any hope " of beating Celtic.

"If Mikey Devlin is even remotely fit, he comes in, rather than Andrew Considine in central defence. Then Derek McInnes has got a question mark whether he plays Considine at left-back or stick with Max Lowe. My gut instinct is he would probably go with Considine's experience.

"I would be astonished if he doesn't put Dominic Ball in as a defensive midfielder and move Lewis Ferguson further forward. Then you have a front three of McGinn, James Wilson and Mackay-Steven. That is the best chance Aberdeen have got."

Ball in for one of our Strikers & Ferguson pushed up behind the front 3. 1 up front on there own, begs the question, who do we go for? If it's May I'll get all of your usernames tattooed on my arsecheek.

However, I disagree with him regarding Considine/Lowe dilemma, it should be Lowe, he's more of a threat going forward, has more pace and for me, will cope with Forrest better than Considine would. 

Starting to get pumped for this one, after all, we did get beyond Hibs & Rangers, when many, myself included, never thought we would. I don't care how we do it, I just hope we fucking do it. I expect it to be similar to the Rangers game, in that we don't see a lot of the ball, but when we do, we absolutely need to make sure we are ruthless.

COYFR

Up until 3pm last Saturday I suspect McInnes and most of us thought we knew what the line up would be for Sunday. Now after the woeful performance against Well that will have changed. I would like to see Anderson start beside May but with Cosgrove getting 45 minutes last week I think McInnes will start with him as lone striker to allow us an additional body in midfield which will probably be Ball. Would expect Considine to continue beside McKenna at the back. Not looking forward to Sunday at all.

In

Train then Shed or pub in that area

West Stand

Train back to the Capital

2-0 No Dons scorer

If Considine gets picked to start, this would be a major management failing, probably a fatal one.

My biggest fear is not Celtic but McInnes.

Same applies to May, why people are advocating him to start is genuinely perplexing, even if we do go with 2 Strikers, he should be nowhere near the 11.

If someone can name tangible advantages he brings over Cosgrove, Wilson & even Anderson, then I would genuinely like to hear them. I would be more inclined to bring him on if we are protecting a lead with 10-15 minutes to spare, but to suggest he starts, when he brings zero goal threat whatsoever, even less so than Cosgrove, is as I said, perplexing.

Wilson, if his attitude is right, has better quality all round, Cosgrove is far better at holding the ball up and bringing others into play and Anderson appears to be the only one who backs himself to score if presented with the opportunity, May brings none of those.

I've got no other reason to advocate this other than gut instinct but I'd agree with starting Cosgrove up front and giving him 60-70 minutes. Hopefully we can keep the score at 0-0, then bring on May and Anderson who would hopefully be able to give their tiring defence something to think about.

Consi alongside McKenna wasn't great although I honestly believe Consi was in no way culpable for any of the goals last week.......2 can be pinned on Logan and the other was a freak rebound. However I suspect DM won't go with 2 lefties in central defence again (although our greatest ever partnership were 2 righties) so if  Devlin is ruled out it would not surprise me at all to see Ball line up at centre back.

Starting to feel a bit more optimistic about this one now. If we can keep the honey monster quiet there's no reason why we can't win this.

Christie is going to run riot in this game.  Genuinely fear it'll be a standard 3-0 (3-1 if we're lucky) pumping against them in a cup final.  Especially if Devlin isn't in.

TC, disagree that you can portion blame to Logan for the first last week, that was solely down to McGinn.  Yes, Logan could have done better but he had to cover two defenders.  But couldn't see any fault on Consi, at a push maybe should have been covering the other defender but that pass was a killer.

Anyway, form goes out the window for cup football so i'm hoping for a freak result.  As KFP said earlier, none of us expected us to get past hibs or the huns, but we did. As long as we don't sit back and invite them on too much then we could make it to half time at 0-0.  Won't be watching as it'll be 4am on my monday morning, but hope to wake to a good result!  DM, please have faith.  COYR

My bed is warm. I don't want to get up and have to drive for hours, fighting heavy traffic and spend money buying everyone a meal after witnessing McInnes' version of my club get humiliated and capitulate weakly. But four others are relying on me to do it and sometimes we need to make sacrifices. What a fucking waste of a day coming up...

Lineups:

Celtic: Bain, Lustig, Boyata, Benkovic, Tierney, Rogic, McGregor, Christie, Forrest, Sinclair and Edouard. Subs: Gordon, Simunovic, Brown, Griffiths, Gamboa, Hayes and Ntcham.

Aberdeen: Lewis, Logan, Shinnie, Considine, McKenna, McGinn, Mackay-Steven, Cosgrove, Ferguson, Ball, Lowe. Subs: Cerny, Gleeson, Wilson, Wright, May, Anderson, McLennan.

Referee: Andrew Dallas

No Devlin  :(

Well, we battled well enough, but were done by a complete lack of creativity. Our only opportunity came from Simunovic hitting his own bar, thought the defence were pass marks, Lowe especially, but sadly he was too focused on the defending side, as was Logan, we never put enough balls into the box from them.

Might get stick for this, but Shinnie & Ferguson were a let down, Ball was the best of the midfielders.

Anyway, whilst he can't take blame for the defeat, Dallas was completely out of his depth and should be nowhere another final, he will do well to get another top flight game fuck sake.

McInnes, you got it right defensively, just offered little to nothing middle to front, obviously GMS going off would have affected that, and I sincerely hope he is okay.

Another final, another runners up medal, has to change one day against them, who I thought were made to look average. Bastards

Ball absolutely the best of the midfielders today, defence all played well.....Lowe my m.o.m..........GMS did look threatening till his horror injury, hope he's alright but sadly doubt we will see him again before the January break.

Not going to have a go at DM for our tactics. It was infinitely better to watch (except the scoreline obv) than our semi against sevco. Shows that the correct tactics against the Dhims is to have a go. Hopefully more of the same Wed night against sevco. McLennan showed enough to warrant keeping his place.

Stand Free