Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celtic V Aberdeen League Cup Final - Sunday 2nd Dec

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20,000 tickets are more than enough. I assume all those who “boycotted” the semi are still protesting for this one, hence why more or less anyone who wants a ticket can get one ??

I didn't make it to the semi, not through boycott, but family commitments.

I've been visiting daughters and grandkids in Spain for a chunk of the year.

I may miss my first Dons cup final since 1968 as I don't have enough points left to qualify for a ticket.

I'm philosophical enough to understand that those who attend games should get first bite of the cherry when it comes to getting tickets.

Regardless, I'll be roaring on the Dons in any capacity I can on the day.

I didn't make it to the semi, not through boycott, but family commitments.

I've been visiting daughters and grandkids in Spain for a chunk of the year.

I may miss my first Dons cup final since 1968 as I don't have enough points left to qualify for a ticket.

I'm philosophical enough to understand that those who attend games should get first bite of the cherry when it comes to getting tickets.

Regardless, I'll be roaring on the Dons in any capacity I can on the day.

You don't know anyone who has more than about 40 points? They're pretty much handing them out to anyone, you'll easily get a ticket if you want one.

20,000 tickets are more than enough. I assume all those who “boycotted” the semi are still protesting for this one, hence why more or less anyone who wants a ticket can get one ??

I boycotted the semi because the whole thing was a fucking shambles. Personally I'd have preferred the earlier kick off time as it would have given us a chance to get back to Aberdeen before midnight.

I'm going to the final because it's a final. I still think Hampden is a shithole, I still think the ruling body are wankers and I still dread the 2 hours post match that our bus will spend cunting around in queues of traffic trying to get out of Glasgow.

I would be genuinely surprised to learn that anyone at the Evening Express has ever been to a game in their life.

What a cringeworthy rag.

"To help get in the mood for the big day, the Evening Express has teamed up with Aberdeen FC to produce thousands of masks to help the Red Army strike fear into Brendan Rodgers’ Hoops."

https://buff.ly/2TLtAKS

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe

Ferguson Shinnie

GMS May Wright

Anderson

That's the team to win the cup.

Swap the inept May for the less inept McGinn and you're onto something there. However, there is absolutely no way that McInnes will play Anderson from the start, there is literally zero chance of it happening, barring a bizarre set of injuries from now until the game. I have advocated for Anderson to start, earlier in the season, however, is he ready to lead the line in a game as important as this Cup Final? Should he not have started ahead of May and even Wilson before this game to see how he fairs? Fuck knows, but I do know that our manager will never, ever, risk playing Anderson from the start in this game, he doesn't have the bottle to make a call like that.

Swap the inept May for the less inept McGinn and you're onto something there. However, there is absolutely no way that McInnes will play Anderson from the start, there is literally zero chance of it happening, barring a bizarre set of injuries from now until the game. I have advocated for Anderson to start, earlier in the season, however, is he ready to lead the line in a game as important as this Cup Final? Should he not have started ahead of May and even Wilson before this game to see how he fairs? Fuck knows, but I do know that our manager will never, ever, risk playing Anderson from the start in this game, he doesn't have the bottle to make a call like that.

Swap McLennan for Anderson and youre onto something there  ;)  as you say though canna see it .A more likely  surprise would be with Tansey at centre half,or Ball on the wing    :confused:

I suspect it will be the same team from Saturday that will start on Sunday, but have a horrible feeling he may drop Lowe for Consi at LB if Devlin is fit.

I'm not too fussed who starts, bearing in mind we know pretty much who will be starting and DM will possibly throw in a curveball, but whoever does should go out and play the game of their lives.

[

I have advocated for Anderson to start, earlier in the season, however, is he ready to lead the line in a game as important as this Cup Final? Should he not have started ahead of May and even Wilson before this game to see how he fairs? Fuck knows, but I do know that our manager will never, ever, risk playing Anderson from the start in this game, he doesn't have the bottle to make a call like that.

It's not a case of bottle though, is it? You just said that you're not sure if Anderson is ready to lead the line, and I'd totally agree (that he isn't). If McInnes is in the same boat as us, then it wouldn't be lack of bottle that keeps him from starting Anderson, but prudent management. I genuinely don't think he'd last 90 minutes for what it's worth. Really it's a tactical call on whether you're better having him on from the start, or his energy off the bench later in the game and I'd go with the latter.

I'm probably in the same boat as Elgin in that I think McLennan might have a bit more about him in terms of strength and ability at firs team level (although I think Anderson will be the business in a year ot two's time).

I suspect it will be the same team from Saturday that will start on Sunday, but have a horrible feeling he may drop Lowe for Consi at LB if Devlin is fit.

No chance. McInnes has kept faith in Lowe after his excellent showing against the hun, and he won't risk upsetting that side of the park for Considine. He also won't risk having to dick about with the selection if Devlin can't make it through the 90.

I'm not too fussed who starts, bearing in mind we know pretty much who will be starting and DM will possibly throw in a curveball, but whoever does should go out and play the game of their lives.

As long as we don't fuck about with the back three option with Ball in midfield. We basically have to go with the team that played against the hun (after Considine went off) with a toss up between Wright, May and Wilson to see which two get to start.

Contradicted myself Rico  :rofl:

I still maintain that McInnes wouldn't be brave enough to start Anderson. Realistically, as it stands, if a good opportunity falls to any of our Strikers, May is the last one I'd want it to fall too, Cosgrove a close Second behind him, but even then, his distribution with the ball at feet and aerially, is superior to May at the moment, and Wilson, what is going on there? He clearly has ability, but seems uninterested in sharing it with us. That leaves Anderson, who scored another brace today for the reserves, who I'd be confident would at least make the Keeper work.

Is the lad physically ready? Probably not, yet. However, will he chase every ball, harry defenders and have the belief in himself that he will score if presented with that chance, I would say yes, and for me, that would be enough to give him the nod ahead of May, Wilson & Cosgrove. All it took against Rangers was one chance, and he buried it, same as the goal vs Killie a few weeks back, instinctive finish and hauled us back into the game.

Pissing against the wind though, we all know it won't be Anderson, rightly or wrongly, but it should absolutely not be Stevie Fucking May. I don't have a personal agenda against the guy, I am just sick fed up of a wasted shirt most weeks, knowing that he himself doesn't back himself to score and really offer very little other than the odd gut burst and pass back to a midfielder. I am just growing increasingly frustrated with our lack of prowess and at the moment, the youngster is the only one I would trust in front of goal, very sad state of affairs.  :(

Anyway, to contradict myself further, get Cosgrove as the lone striker and get GMS playing off him, in the 10 role, feeding off whatever Cosgrove wins, get Lowe & Logan as Wing Backs and keep it 3 CM's and 3 CB's , make it hard for Celtic to play through us.

Lewis

Ball  McKenna  Considine

Logan                                        Lowe

McGinn Ferguson Shinnie

GMS

Cosgrove

That is what I would like to see, I think that could cause problems as well as be compact enough to make life difficult for Celtic. It also allows us to revert easily back into a 4-2-3-1 if the need arises.

Dear Santa,

All I ask is not to be embarrassed at Hampden on Sunday.

If we get beat by a better team but we put in a shift and tried our best, that's ok.

Please get McInnes to pick the best available team. If he can motivate them too, superb.

I'll not ask for the trophy as that might be beyond your capabilities.

As long as we don't fuck it all up by sheer lunacy, we will have a chance.

Brenda is a smug faced cunt who doesn't deserve seven trophies in a row.

Let's get lucky. I'm up all night to get lucky.

Stand free. You bearded kiddy fiddling cunt.

rocket

You don't know anyone who has more than about 40 points? They're pretty much handing them out to anyone, you'll easily get a ticket if you want one.

4 tickets secured. Phew!. Both daughters and granddaughter coming over from Spain for this one. It'll be the youngsters first taste of her grandads team in the flesh. I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint.

Andrew Dallas

Bloody Andrew Dallas

He's nae even good enough to ref a game at Hazlehead or Sheddocksly never mind a cup final.

He is fucking awful like. I'd say him and Thompson are the worst refs in the game here. Worse than thon chunt Muir who's improved over the last couple of seasons. I actually think that the refs are significantly better than they were just a few years back. They seem to be fitter and thus a lot closer to the contentious points. Still getting stuff wrong of course, but more likely through just being wrong rather than incompetence. Dallas is just weak to the point of arseyness, which is never good in a ref.

Andrew Dallas is confirmed as the ref, so absolutely anything could happen on Sunday.

Son of an uber Hun. Hopefully will mean that we would have to machine gun their players before he gives them a penalty.

He's usually hopeless but it's a far better appointment for us than had we gotten Thomson or Gollum