Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V The Rangers

It would be poor management to start any player who hasn't been playing in possibly the biggest game of our season. Hopefully the final would be bigger but if we lose this, it probably will be the biggest.

If it is only injury that has kept him from playing for two months and Wright gets thrown in tomorrow, this assumes that McInnes considers him one of our best 11, which he clearly doesn't otherwise he would have had more than half a dozen starts in five seasons (or whatever the actual numbers are). It is a manager's job to prepare the players and it is never good preparation to throw in anyone who's not match sharp into the biggest games, especially one with zero experience in big games.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from The Rangers who give no interviews to the BBC at all. :confused:

I have seen nothing online from any Sevco players on the game tomorrow. just ex payers spouting about how Aberdeen will be getting humped.

Sadly it is the BBC who choose not to send reporters to Ibrokes due to them banning Chris McLaughlin a couple of years back for having the temerity to report on sectarian singing during a game against Hivs IIRC.

McInnes said: “I’d trade the runners-up finishes in the league for another trophy. Of course, if I could guarantee silverware, I’d take that over a league position all day long.

I tend to agree with him.

Just go for it today. :thumbsup:

Attack...Attack...and Attack again.

Proud to be part of our support at Hampden today, I don’t feel intimidated, or embarrassed, or nervous.....just proud.

I've never felt proud to be a supporter. The performances of the team can make me proud, or embarrassed - more the latter rather than the former over the past 20+ years - but the act of being a supporter and being part of a crowd doesn't compute. It's all about what the team does. I can be proud in defeat as long as the team does it's best.

We need to get the ball forward a lot quicker. We seem to be passing it about at the back too much, inviting pressure before the inevitable panicked hoof up the park in the vague direction of one of our front 4 who are already well marked as a result of the fannying about.

They’re well structured, we need to try to catch them on the backfoot, beat them with pace.

Hopefully we can start playing early in the 2nd half, otherwise it’s going to be route one to Cosgrove and that’s going to be too easy for them to deal with.

Was surprised to see it was still 0-0 when I woke up, had forgotten about daylight savings so had presumed it would be over. Under the pump for the vast majority of the second half. Have to say, we changed when may came on, started to get into it a bit more and scored a great header. Squeaky bum time now though