Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V St Mirren

First time I’ve criticized Forrester and Gleason but I really don’t think they can handle the pace and demands of Scottish football. I’d much rather see Dom Ball or Dean Campbell next to Shinnie before Gleason, and I thought Forrester was a #10 in behind the main forward causing havoc but he drops so deep to avoid physical play, rarely gets involved, and just doesn’t contribute. Interesting to see today how much Ferguson looks to get on the ball, he’s streets ahead of Forrester. I’d much rather see Ferguson, or Wright, McGinn, or Wilson in the #10 position. Gleason and Forrester just don’t appear SPL material.

I’d like to see Wright, McLennan, and/or Ross given time before McGinn. He’s a shadow of the player he once was. I think Cosgrove is not too bad to be honest and maybe today is the start of something for him, but I’d really like to see Anderson alongside him if Wilson isn’t healthy.

It won’t happen but I’d like -

Lewis

Logan-Devlin-McKenna-Lowe

Wright-ferguson-Shinnie-GMS

Cosgrove-Anderson

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't think consi needed to pass to gleeson, wasn't the best option but fuck me. What an awful return from him. Completely unnecessary. Awful goal to concede. Closest cammy Smith came to haunting us I suppose.

All in all, good performance and was surprised we didn't get more going on this highlights. GMS looked lively, unlucky not to score. Just hope we can play with the intensity and fluency more often.

Didn't think consi needed to pass to gleeson, wasn't the best option but fuck me. What an awful return from him. Completely unnecessary. Awful goal to concede. Closest cammy Smith came to haunting us I suppose.

That's a bit harsh, Gleeson is the midfielder who was asking for the ball. He had heaps of time and options of both Considine and Devlin with a proper pass or a simple pivot into heaps of space (as he did in the 90th minute with a great pass to GMS). It was entirely his own making. His entire game is to take the ball in difficult areas and make something, he should be completely aware where his opponents are as a midfielder. He showed for the ball and got it, Considine not remotely at fault.

That's a bit harsh, Gleeson is the midfielder who was asking for the ball. He had heaps of time and options of both Considine and Devlin with a proper pass or a simple pivot into heaps of space (as he did in the 90th minute with a great pass to GMS). It was entirely his own making. His entire game is to take the ball in difficult areas and make something, he should be completely aware where his opponents are as a midfielder. He showed for the ball and got it, Considine not remotely at fault.

If the same one I am thinking, I thought it was Forrester who made that pass?  Whoever it was it was fucking perfection and shows there must be talent in them somewhere as that was no fluke.

Yesterday was the first time I have had a complaint regarding Gleeson, as I genuinely don't think he had done anything wrong in the games he's played thus far, he kept it simple, neat & tidy. But yesterday, I saw a guy that looked unhappy, could be a number of reasons, perhaps he hasn't settled, perhaps he's being lazy in training and thinks he's too good, or perhaps he is simply struggling with the Scottish Game.

This is a guy who's played hundreds of games in a very difficult Championship in England, was recalled to the Republic Of Ireland squad only last year and has chipped in with 30 goals from the deep midfield role. I was aware of him at MK Dons & Birmingham, and was happy with the addition, I really want him to come good, even if I don't think he's been bad. The fact that he just sits in front of the back 4 should work well with Shinnie, given Shinnie is the energetic one, the box to box one. At the end of the day though, if Ball continues the way he has, It's going to be difficult to oust him.

Watch our first goal again, it's actually a very good goal from start to finish.

Starts with Devlin, eventually makes it way to McLennan in our half, he drives and plays a lovely forward pass into Cosgrove, who in turn plays a cracking diagonal ball out to Logan, GMS plays it back to Logan who puts in a great cross and Cosgrove is there to head into the net. A very well worked goal.

McLennan was directly involved in Lowe & Cosgrove's first, and of course scored the 2nd, that was a special debut, surely he can't go away into obscurity now?

It was a standard pass and 9/10 times a player will be able to return it with ease. Gleeson failed miserably. It was more of a criticism of Gleeson than Consi, although having watched that again, I think Consi's pass is also slow which allowed Smith to make up a lot of ground. Disagree that he's not remotely at fault.

lowe looks very good at lb no reason to play considine there anymore, maclennan looked good, very powerful, would keep him in team, and fair play to cosgrove good heider.. no real reason to change team dramatically for next fixture ?

Think McLennan's shoulder injury will be keeping him out for a wee bit beyond the international break. On the upside Scott Wright should be ready to return and McGinn will be back.  Wilson? Probably available but will pull a hammy in the warm up.....