Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celtic V Aberdeen

Well I’m gutted that we’re losing such an important player for two important games. And Celtic should be too - their noisy complaints about the incident mean we now play the team they’re trying to catch without a key defender.

The whole situation with appeals etc this season has been a bit bonkers, and frightening that the inconsistencies are so bloody blatant.

We’ve got strong managers in this league now with Clarke, Levein, Lennon, and DMC all openly questioning these anomalies - let’s hope collectively they can put some pressure on the SPFL to come out and explain their decision making.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute farce. We had a game we could be proud of but this season has been completely ludicrous. They're making it very hard to want to follow the game.  It's bordering on pointless.

I wouldn't hold your breath CtS, they'll all complain but will get fined for it.

In this case “surprised and disappointed” doesn’t really cut it. This is a blatant manipulation of the rules, there’s not a hope in hell that any other clumsy tackles (which is the worst case judgement of this one) will face similar scrutiny throughout the season. Is the Court for Arbitration in Sport still a thing? This fucking stinks and we should be looking to take it to whichever level is above the SPFL.

What do we do now? We can't just sit back and accept this. I don't remember being this bewildered/surprised/angry about any of their previous back catalogue of fuck-wittery. And by fuck has there been a lot!

This along with the League Cup Semi debacle has been tough to deal with and I don't think we're the only set of fans to have had enough. In countries more fanatical and less apathetic towards sport (and life in general) there'd have been at least protests by now.

The only thing more disappointing than these recent decisions will be if we let is slide and do fuck all about it.

The only thing more disappointing than these recent decisions will be if we let is slide and do fuck all about it.

Nail on head Tyrant.

We have what we deserve as a club if we just let this ride.

At least have a serious rant call them out and take the fine that comes with it.

I for one would feel better that way.

The club should be releasing its submission to the SFA panel for both this and the Devlin cases with a clear indication of what they were arguing and why and where the SFA process has not delivered. It needs to be accurate and to the point. We completely fucked up with the Devlin case and sent out a weak statement that allowed the SFA to come back with a "thanks for your input, we'll look into it. By that we mean, we'll suspend your best defender at the earliest opportunity for having the audacity to question us".

I feel like I'm just about done with football. I went from being a season ticket holder years ago to being a bit apathetic attending the odd game here or there. I just recently started going a bit more again. Its bad enough with the financial disparity which makes it barely a sport, and more of a case of buying success. Add in the corrupt SFA and its just a step too far.

I think AFC have a lot to answer for. We have been badly run for years and although I think we have made a lot of progress with the 1st team setup I believe that we are still failing in other departments. I think its systematic that most football clubs are not well engaged with there fanbase and I think our club and its chariman are too invested in the current system to see the changes that need to be made.

I could probably rant for a while here, but I will write to the club and let them know my feelings about this and I suggest you all do the same. I think the club needs to be made aware that if it doesn't listen to us it will be hit in the pocket as we need to deal with the corrupt complicity within afc first. Then we can maybe move forward with taking on the SFA.

Thank God we didn't win last week, what would they have done to us then?

What's Hearts chances on Sunday do you think?

Sunday will be a big test for Hearts and might just give us an indication of how far they've really progressed this season. I know we should be looking to close the gap on them BUT given who they're playing I'd obviously be happy for us to be the same number of points behind them come Sunday evening as we are now with both us and them having recorded victories.