Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celtic V Aberdeen

Managed to watch the second half on a stream in Aviemore(due to turning back from a hill).Created a surprising amount of chances,(or more then usual at Parkhead),whilst at the same time being quite wasteful with the ball in our buildup at times.

An improvement though,and the defence stabilising might give more confidence furhter up the park.Wilson looks good,and hopefully brings more out of May,or Anderson if as most of us want,we stay with a front 2.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave it a miss yesterday for a change, just seen highlights on Sportscene, Jeez that was a chance & a half when G.M.S broke through, just needed a wee dink over keeper, McGinn's shot was pretty close.

Loon was at the match,said it was the best we had played down there for a long time.

Luckily the gruesome twosome are not too far ahead of us, hopefully we will steadily climb the table, need to get some more creativity & scorer in team soon, should help having Ross & Wright back soon.

How old is Scott Brown... five,. It's like something from a primary school playground.

The whole bits of paper thing stemmed from the EPL. One manager did it, now they all do it. I suspect it's because they can't trust a player to communicate with others.

Scott Brown obviously saw that thing doing the rounds on twitter a few weeks ago, where a player stole the bit of paper of an opponent and ripped it up. Some game on the continent from memory.

Like everything, one person does it and the rest follow suit. It's just fucking littering as far as I'm concerned.

Like everything, one person does it and the rest follow suit. It's just fucking littering as far as I'm concerned.

Is the right answer. I also think it's pretty pathetic.

On the game, having watched the RedTV highlights, I'm not really sure how we lost that one.  A draw was the least we deserved.

McKenna has been offered a two match ban.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45735984

Club appealing the ban.

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/10/03/dons-appealing-two-game-ban-handed-to-defender/

A club spokesperson commented, “It came as a total shock to learn that Scott has been cited for an incident where the referee deemed there was no offence committed and we have subsequently lodged an appeal.”

So let me get this right;

You can kick an opponent deliberately it's seen by the assistant referee, a red card given and its reduced to a yellow on appeal.

You can kick an opponent deliberately somehow unseen by the officials and no retrospective action.

You can elbow an opponent again somehow unseen by the officials and no retrospective action.

You can win a 50/50 accidentally follow through on an opponent and its a retrospective two game ban???

I'm done.

McKenna has been offered a two match ban. Scottish football is a total joke. If the appeal from Aberdeen fails there must be a way to go further with this. In all the years I have watched Scottish football this has to be up there as the most scandalous decision I have seen. If the challenge had not been on a Celtic player it would never have arisen.

This has came as a bit of a shock. The Celtic mob were apoplectic with it, but watching it over and over again, and perhaps with red tinted specs, I didn't think it was even remotely a foul. McKenna gets to the ball first, there is zero debate about that, but even afterwards, it was Edouard who ran into McKenna's leg and the force he did it with made McKenna spin out and that's what has made this look worse than it actually is. Edouard has today publicly said he's fit to start tomorrow night for them, it was a dead leg at worse for fuck sake.

I remember hearing of the incident whilst listening to the game on Saturday, the great unwashed were up in arms, which you would expect, but even the guys on the radio weren't critical of it and Bonner usually struggles to be objective with anything to do with his beloved hoops.

Our game is so fucked.

Those in charge are shiteing it that we might get serious money for him, and are feart of what we could potentially do with that, to upset their two horse race.

Interesting take on it. I don't know who is on the panel, but I suspect they'd be a lot lower down the chain to be involved in that type of conspiracy. Unlikely, also, given we're not going to be spending any huge percentage of McKenna money on players with a training facility and stadium to fund.

I do think that we probably riled them with the Devlin complaints though and I reckon these cunts are the type to hold grudges. There is no way on earth that McKenna's clumsy challenge should be cited; shite like that happens all the time. If the ref had given the decision then that I'd understand it not being overturned because I think that there's enough of a stretch to say that it was reckless and the onus is on backing a referee's position, but to take it the other way round is just ridiculous.

If McKenna get's 2 game ban which I expect he will, referees in this country must give their opinions on what is going on in the Scottish game. If the way to go now is to look back on video at all games played and decide if a ref is right or wrong then why bother with referees at all. Celtic fans were screaming on social media for action to be taken for this challenge which resulted on this matter being brought up in the first place. If somebody studied how many of these calls involved the Glasgow Two I am sure it would be the majority of them.

Thats the real shite thing about this. Whoever is reviewing these incidents is reacting to what is being said by the ugly sisters. They are obviously based in glasgow and incapable of making a objective decision. This incident has been cited purely because Rodgers and the Celtic fans were up in arms about it. Its certainly not clear and obviously a red card. I even feel that had a foul been given i would have felt it was soft. Red tinted specs maybe but for me Mckenna gets the ball then its a coming together because of the pace both players were travelling at.

Having looked at the incident closely a few times now, I am struggling to see where a 2 match ban is coming from.

It looks clumsy at worst and a good tackle at best

There is no doubt McKenna plays the ball first and the Celtic man is then taken out.

The Celtic man's forward movement clearly takes McKenna's standing leg forward and makes the whole scene look worse than it really was.

It's the fact that the incident is being interpreted by the powers that as be as deliberately violent somehow that puzzles me here.

Was it dangerous? Not deliberately. Would Dons fans have complained so vociferously if it had been the other way round? I'm not so sure.

Celtic and their motley hordes get their knickers in a twist about it and suddenly the lad is being asked to accept a 2 match ban.

Dark forces are at work here with yet more unnamed chinless wonders deciding things after the fact.

At this rate, defenders will start second guessing every challenge they make and we'll be left with crap matches to watch and entire squads on the sidelines who are suspended because they've been retrospectively penalised for breathing in the direction of ugly sisters players.

When I arrived in Scotland in 1967, football was played by men in a style that fans enjoyed. The game is now effectively being played out in a room by a bunch of faceless buerocrats who seem intent on robbing Scottish football fans of being able to watch and enjoy proper football.

Political correctness has attached it's self to a sport where blood and thunder has been part of the Scottish game for decades.

It's fair to say that I am not enjoying football much at the moment and my lack of enjoyment mostly stems from things not being decided where it matters, namely on the god damn pitch!