Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Celtic V Aberdeen

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes in as I type this, we're actually holding our own and other than that opening chance for Forrest, they've been timid whereas we're knocking the ball bout well enough. Putting on decent pressure.

EDIT - They hit the post after I typed this, shat myself haha, also, these 2 on Celtic TV are as insufferable as the goons on the Rangers commentary. Tom Boyd is one I think, guys a fucking cretin.

I would say we actually edged that half in terms of clear cut chances. GMS really should have scored near the end of the half though, that's the sort of chance we have to take to have any hope of winning this game.

They are absolutely beelin at this McKenna/Edouard incident  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Also, top trolling from big Joe with the Tim physio  ;D

First game post match domestically I can write something without being extremely pissed off overall. On the whole, that wasn't a terrible performance, last 20-25 minutes we faded and made some poor final passes, but we've had a good few clear cut chances & should have absolutely scored at least one of them.

Was much more like ourselves against a Celtic team that are not playing well at all, I thought we limited them well enough & that was night and day from the Hibs game.

We deserved a point from that, unquestionably. Still feel we're lacking that creative spark in the CAM role though, something I really hope we address ASAP. Also, hoping ( praying actually ) that Wilson was took off as a precaution, he went down holding his hamstring but seemed to walk off okay.

Also, for all the flak they clowns at Rangers TV get, they cunts over at Celtic TV are much worse, and I mean that. Pair of delusional pricks and I'd happily stick the nut in both of them, cretinous wankers.

Slack passes up front were the reason we did not have more shots on their goal. GMS is a great player and did well today missed a few passes but hey ho. Please stick May on the bench for a while, he does nothing up front. No complaints from me on the effort from the players  and on another day we may have won it.

Thought May did ok tbh. The chances we had all fell to others......GMS really should have scored late in the first half. Just looked at the possession stats on bbc website says we only had 33%. There's no doubt the dhims had more of the ball but it didn't seem like it was that much. On another day we would have escaped with a point

Problem is we didn't and both Hibs and Hearts extended their leads over us. Sevco probably will do the same tomorrow. Vital we take all 3 points next week before heading into the international break. After that our programme gets a lot easier whilst theirs gets tougher and should allow us to start playing catch up.

Appreciate positive words and from what I saw we weren’t that bad. McGinn unlucky and GMS should have scored. However, a loss is a loss when other teams are taking points off the Tims.

They are taking points off them away from Parkhead. Tic have 100% home record this season

If the dons dont take anything off them at Pittodrie then its another matter

Appreciate positive words and from what I saw we weren’t that bad. McGinn unlucky and GMS should have scored. However, a loss is a loss when other teams are taking points off the Tims.

Whilst a valid point, it still felt like we went there believing we could win, as opposed to going there hoping we could. I saw little signs today of our old self under McInnes & still of the opinion we should have taken at least a point. Whether that was down to us playing well or Celtic not being themselves this season remains to be seen. 

On the flip side, you're right in that Hearts & Hibs pull further away, Rangers most likely will tomorrow ( But come on Livingston, then again, even Livingston would go 5 points ahead of us should they win ) 9 points out of a possible 21 is pretty poor. We have scored twice in the last 5 games, one from open play. That's extremely worrying & we now hope that once James Wilson is fully fit, he starts banging them in.

Should have enough to see of St Mirren next week, and obviously depending on how Hearts get on, the game at Tynecastle on the 20/10/18 now becomes extremely important even though it'll only be 9 league games in, because if we lose that, we could potentially be 13 points behind them, and that's not even having played every team once, that's a shocking stat.

After 7 League games, we have scored 5 goals.

Rangers ( 15 ) Hearts & Hibs ( Both 13 ) Kilmarnock ( 11 ) Celtic, St Johnstone & Motherwell ( All 7 ) Livingston & Hamilton ( Both 6 )

Have all scored more goals than us, but perhaps not surprising, we've only conceded 6 goals, only Hearts, Celtic & Livingston have conceded less.

A fully fit Wilson & perhaps a new addition in the 10 role could be absolutely pivotal to us this season, we are fine defensively, the gaping problem is lack of creativity, or lack of a natural goalscorer.

Whilst I was concerned we weren't going to score many this season, that is an alarming stat. Hard to see how it's really going to improve, unless Wright picks up his form once he's back. Hard to see how we're going to be challenging for the top 6 let alone the top 4.

Good to hear we picked things up a bit yesterday, didn't expect anything from the game but a loss is a loss. We're making things very difficult for ourselves and there seems to be an incredible amount of discontent and negativity around the club at the moment. Something needs to click, and fast.

Pains me to say it but the lack of goals is probably down to losing the creativity of McLean, and to a lesser extent, Christie. Should I add O’Connor to that??? While a solid signing, Ferguson is not that creative player, it’s forrester that’s been the huge disappointment. I’d argue we signed him and thus didn’t go for Stevie Mallan.

Yesterday proved that Wilson is our best choice of striker. He has a great first touch and not afraid to have a shot on goal. He is obviously not 100% match fit yet. Hope his sub was nothing more than a precaution. Celtic fans going crazy on the McKenna challenge claiming a penalty and red card. Only seen it on RED TV International as it happened hard to tell but the tackle looked high.

Once again another must win against St Mirren next Saturday to get much needed 3 points.

While I do think the lack of a creative central midfielder is a big part of the problem I still think that the main problem is that not one of our strikers is an out and out goal scorer. May looks a shadow of the player who was at St Johnstone and since coming back from injury has only scored 7 goals. Wilson looks more like a striker who creates chances for a partner and even before his injury was only scoring a goal every 5 games. Cosgrove is just not a footballer never mind a striker. Until we get in a replacement for Rooney I think we are going to struggle to score many goals even if we do address the lack of creation in the middle of the park. For me best option at the moment is to stick with May and Wilson as a front 2 and hope that they form a decent if not prolific partnership to get us through until January.