Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibernian v Aberdeen Betfred Cup Quarter-Final

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy fuck sticks that was exciting. One hell of a risky setup fae McInnes, which I don't think I've ever said in my life before. Pretty much a 3-4-3 for a lot of the match, completely sacrificing the midfield. Shinnie fairly came onto a game in that last 30 minutes, a proper captain with the first pen too. We got lucky. Perversely, despite the 3 front men, we really didn't do much attacking. GMS didn't track at all, which seemed to be the game plan. McGinn was pap. Forrester's only touch was good. Wilson looked really good. Hopefully this is the boot up the arse we need, but still not sure what our best starting 11 is.

Exciting? It was fucking shite. But thanks to some great penalties and a lot of luck, job done.

Shinnie isn't anywhere near international class (as a midfielder) and GMS was equally bad tonight.

Agree Wilson has something about him.

Considine had a mare. McKenna made his usual couple of schoolboy errors. Devlin is a good footballer but got teen a couple of times. Lowe has good potential but made some bad mistakes. Ball was absent the whole second half but by fuck that was a great effort the free kick in the first half. May and McGinn were hopeless when they came on. I'm struggling to laud any good performances for AFC tonight, apart from Lewis. Logan worked hard and is an asset so he was probably my AFC MOTM but lucky lucky lucky to get through that.

Still no idea how we won that. Very few in Red were even close to having played well. Wilson looked good in flashes. There is a player in there if we can keep him fit and motivated. Joe was as solid as ever. Felt the defence was put under a lot of pressure due to midfield being completely unable to hold on to the ball. Some good penalties for Dons. Hibs will be regretting the number of chances they passed up tonight.

Relief is what I feel. Thank fuck that's over. Horrible watch and made even more annoying with REDTV /verizon fucking up. No idea how we got through but through we are. McGinn was woeful tonight. As others have said, was impressed with Wilson. Gms unlucky not to be a bit quicker to his pass in the first half. Hibs will be kicking themselves.  :rofl:

And it was NOT a 3-4-3. This is football punditry gone mad.

Who were our 3 up front? Cosgrove and Wilson for sure but GMS? I don't think so. And if Considine wasn't a full back, are we saying Logan, McKenna and Devlin were our back 3? What, Considine AND Lowe meant to be in the middle (with Ball and Shinnie)? No chance. That was an attempted 4-4-2 but whatever the fuck is was supposed to be, it didn't work.