Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Hibernian v Aberdeen Betfred Cup Quarter-Final

Sure I read yesterday the Ferguson is still out but Frank Ross now fit and available, not that I think he will play in any capacity in this one.

Hibs aren't really a big physical team but they are quick in every part of the field. We certainly need to keep the ball far better than we did on Saturday so on this occasion I'd probably go with Gleeson in place of Ball but it honestly would not surprise me if McInnes goes for a total shitfest line up hoping for a breakaway goal in a dour 1-0 win and starts Ball as well as Shinnie and Gleeson.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been stewing on this, and what 11 I think would be enough to get us through.

Lewis

Logan  Devlin  McKenna  Lowe

Ball    Shinnie

GMS        Forrester        McGinn

Wilson

I know I was saying about Gleeson coming in for Ball, but the more I think about it, Hibs' full backs do like to get forward, a lot like ours, so perhaps Ball would be the logical choice given that whoever plays in there will need to cover Logan at RB if he pushes forward and gets caught in possession etc... As much as I like Gleeson, he might not be ready for that kind of exertion.

And I am certain there will be eyebrows raised at Forrester's inclusion, however, he is a CAM by trade & everyone down south was saying that's where we'd get the most of him, we need that creative spark in a game like this, Lennon won't anticipate we play him I don't imagine, therefore they may need to accommodate him which would maybe throw his plans a little, he may be reluctant to push too many bodies forward, which in turn helps us.

Wilson won't last 90 minutes, I think it's going to mightily important that we don't try and sneak a goal at the end, we're going to need to take the game to them, try get 2-0 up and then manage the game. 1-0 won't be enough. Create opportunities for Wilson/McGinn/GMS/Forrester & be clinical.

My head is saying this will be one of those nights where we just don't turn up, would absolutely love to be proved wrong. If we do manage a result, there's no excuse not to push on in the League afterwards.

Has to be a 3-5-2

It says something about Forrester and Gleeson to a lesser extent that DM would rather fill 2 midfield slots with full backs (3 if you include Shinnie).

Honestly have no idea how this one is going to play out. If it comes off DM is a genius but if we get a doing the knives will be out