Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

That there, was one of my pet hates when Calderwood came into much criticism, folk used to say it was his accent they hated and wasn't suitable for that of an AFC manager  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't remember folk objecting to Calderclown by reason of his accent. How he spoke was just who he was, a bullshitting namedropping thick fat incompetent cunt who's whole presence was objectionable to any reasonable man. My point was more about how people tend to believe suits and ties and give credibility to anyone who speaks "proper". The BBC are a disgrace of an organisation who peddle lies and have a huge influence on many. Their formula of a continuous succession of public school voices dressed in suits and ties is part of the strategy to suck in the stupid. The discerning viewer listens to what is being peddled and knows that substance is much more important than style.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Google:

The structure of a well made suit makes the most of a man's frame. If you are being photographed it makes a great deal of sense to make the most of what you have.  The shoulders and structure give you a powerful frame embodying authority, which also boosts inner confidence of the wearer (in those that need it).

:wave:

Haha Lencarl. First impressions go a long way to "securing the deal" and what we wear (and how we speak) does go some way in creating the first impression, either positively or negatively.

But after 4 or 5 seasons, there are no first impressions any more. We are way past style now and however McInnes dresses doesn't help or hinder his management substance.

I don't remember folk objecting to Calderclown by reason of his accent. How he spoke was just who he was, a bullshitting namedropping thick fat incompetent cunt who's whole presence was objectionable to any reasonable man. My point was more about how people tend to believe suits and ties and give credibility to anyone who speaks "proper". The BBC are a disgrace of an organisation who peddle lies and have a huge influence on many. Their formula of a continuous succession of public school voices dressed in suits and ties is part of the strategy to suck in the stupid. The discerning viewer listens to what is being peddled and knows that substance is much more important than style.

They most certainly did, not everyone of course and others had many different & valid reasons for having a strong dislike of him, but the way he spoke was definitely a deal breaker for some.

Anyway, back on topic, watched McInnes on RedTV afterwards in his interview & noticed something I haven't noticed with him before, he barely looked up when talking, he looked at the ground, he looked concerned. He usually looks the interviewer in the eye, but yesterday, he rarely did that.

I don't think McInnes is under any pressure from the board this season unless we find ourselves in the bottom 3 after New Year. There was definitely a big rebuilding job to do and whilst I don't think his recruitment in general has been up to much he will be allowed a season of mediocrity. The big test will come next year once he gets his paws on the new training ground. Anything worse than 4th place or a cup win and I think he would be offski.

Of course there comes a time when every manager reaches the end of his shelf life. Personally I thought it was back in January for DM. Had the sevco gig been anything like it is now he would surely have left last November. so even though I think the board would allow him an iffy season maybe McInnes might think that would damage his reputation and could decide to walk if results dont improve dramatically over the next couple of months.

From Google:

The structure of a well made suit makes the most of a man's frame. If you are being photographed it makes a great deal of sense to make the most of what you have.  The shoulders and structure give you a powerful frame embodying authority, which also boosts inner confidence of the wearer (in those that need it).

:wave:

That bastion of fashion google.

They key to that statement is 'well made' which is not the same as wearing a suit because you think it makes you look smart.

If you can buy a suit 'off the peg' and it doesnt make you look like it was provided by your probation officer then you are very fortunate.

Someone once said to me they would never hire or seek the services of someone if they werent wearing a suit. If your criteria for judging someone's ability is a particular piece of clothing then you are going to get shafted.

Have to say, I think that both goals, in particular the 2nd one, were fucking shambolic. Lewis, in my opinion, could have done a bit better, it wasn't that venomous or curling, he appeared to get down to it rather slowly. As for Stewart's goal, what in the actual fuck, he collects it in the D in their half, turns & runs at Considine, who looked to dive in, then went beyond Ball like he wasn't even there. Atrocious goal to concede from our point of view, but credit to Stewart, from his point of view it's a pretty good goal.

Brophy also caused all sorts of problems & Stevie May, what can you say, he controlled Logan's ball perfectly, but the finish was that of a man who has literally zero self confidence. He needs to be dropped and we must give a young, confident striker, who's scoring goals, doesn't matter what level they're at, he's still scoring goals, the opportunity. As I said in a separate thread, we need Wilson to be good, or we're in for a rather underwhelming season. 

Also, on what planet does the referee give a red card for that, looked to me like Brophy threw himself to the ground. I wouldn't even say it was a foul & I will be fucking furious if we don't appeal that. 

Great finish from Stewart, but it felt like I was watching in slow mo. Was everyone jogging? Pathetic defending. We were awful for large swathes of last season, and still somehow picked up second place. Not worried yet, but they need to get their act together.

As KFP says, time to drop may and play Anderson. At least he's got youthful energy and goals in his play at the moment.

Also, on the same points as the huns mk. 2 and hibs. Despite all their plaudits. Weird.

Never a red, both foul each other since they both jersey pull. Brophy pulls Devlin Jersey first so if it’s red for a jersey pull and it’s clear brophy pulls/fouls first does that get considered? And it’s an awfully dramatic dive. I’d also say Logan is level with Devlin so could be considered a covering defender?

If May was getting 4 or 5 chances a game and fucking them all up I would say yes drop him and give someone else a go. But we are hardly creating chances at all even with 11 men (St Boo game excepted). As Elgindon has said, May has been fairly good overall past few games with all round play and he was in no way at fault for yesterday's defeat.

The red card for Devlin should be rescinded as Logan was level with Brophy and at very least could have made things awkward but we don't play in blue and aren't 6 years old so fuck only knows what the SFA will do.

My opinion on May is based on what we've seen since he arrived. He's had plenty of minutes and failed in the grand scheme of things, to produce. Anderson in his brief appearances, rescued a point against them, was unlucky not to add to that against Dundee and generally looks lively. Can't guarantee it obviously, but I reckon if he'd had the same amount of game time as May this season, he'd have found the back of the net more.

Another I'd be inclined to give more game time to is Connor McLennan, based on what I have seen in the under's, he's been as effective as Anderson, has the build, and is pacey, he'll be a good player, I am confident of that.

My opinion on May is based on what we've seen since he arrived. He's had plenty of minutes and failed in the grand scheme of things, to produce. Anderson in his brief appearances, rescued a point against them, was unlucky not to add to that against Dundee and generally looks lively. Can't guarantee it obviously, but I reckon if he'd had the same amount of game time as May this season, he'd have found the back of the net more.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter too.  Just feel that with Anderson, he may create something, rightly or wrongly, I don't feel that with May.

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter too.  Just feel that with Anderson, he may create something, rightly or wrongly, I don't feel that with May.

That's about it. He was atrocious at the weekend, his worst game this season and probably his time here. There was a gaping chasm between him and the rest of the team when we went down to ten, but he was on his heels throughout the entire match. Normally he'll make the runs into the channel and get his body in front of the man and retain possession, but he was Nicky Maynard poor at the weekend, hiding behind the defence. The only decision Thompson got right in the first half was when he told May to get up after he inexplicably dived after skinning a defender (not really, inexplicable, the real explanation was that he didn't fancy his chances in front of goal and took the easy option).

That said, I understand McInnes starting him and I understand his attempts to play him into form. Anderson has a bit to go yet and I don't imagine we'd get even half a season out of him of consistent form. I don't think it was wrong to play May against Killie, and I think it was even correct to give him a bit of time with an additional striker alongside him in Cosgrove to see if that would help. However, he definitely shouldn't start the next game after that performance. It's a shame that Wilson will be fit for the next match, I imagine, and so Anderson won't get the opportunity but as long as there is a change then that's a start.

The sub of Gleeson was telling at the weekend. It shows that McInnes doesn't have the faith in him at all, yet. McGinn would have been the obvious one to take off in the circumstances but Gleeson clearly couldn't be trusted and I agreed with McInnes' decision to hook him. In reality, yer centre mids should be the last people you're considering taking off in that situation but there are serious question marks over his coverage, in exactly the same mould as Tansey last season (although Tansey should have been no surprise).

Overall, I had no issue with McInnes' approach at the weekend, made his subs in decent(ish) order - I'd have had them on sooner like - and took on/off the correct people. However, it is abundantly clear that beyond our preferred 11-13 players we are pap and nowhere near good enough to be beating a team when down to ten men (compare that to the huns v us in the first game; it's night and day). We're possibly looking at another window of sub-50% effective recruitment, which has to be questioned. McInnes has earned, financially, a bit of leeway here as we can afford to bring in slightly more players due to past-seasons' performances but there is only so far that can be tested if we continue to bring in below-par players. If Lowe turns out to be decent - early signs promising - and Wilson too, then he's got his breathing space and it could be deemed a succesful window (including Devlin of course), but I think that's a big "if" and it still leaves us significantly reliant on the loan market to supplement poor recruitment. That poor recruitmentis also hindering our youth as May becomes first sub for Wilson over Anderson, and Gleeson fills a hole that objectively could be better filled by Campbell (I don't think Campbell is ready, but he'd be a more worthwhile project than getting Gleeson up to speed on current showing). Similarly Forrester coming onto the pitch ahead of anyone at present is bad use of first team time.

Special mention for that cuntpiece Thompson at the weekend. What a total fucking dick. Arrogant wanker that shouldn't be anywhere near a pitch. Steaming up to give the red card to Devlin (disagree with whoever suggested that the Killie players surrounding him made any difference - he'd made up his mind in .01 seconds) when every other ref would have understood that it was a booking (just like he did with Hayes a couple of seasons back). Generally imposing himself on a match that didn't require it to make himself centre of attention again. When every other ref in world football draws a straight white line in front of the defensive wall as a signal to the players, the fans and as an aid to themselves, Thompson decides that he doesn't need that and places a small dot to the side because he's such a good ref he has it under control. It opitimises his arrogant wankerishness and is a personality that isn't required of a ref. It showed throughout his entire performance at the weekend and in recent years. He doesn't make mistakes like other refs, he is the mistake. Everything about him is just wrong and he can't be trusted to ref a football match.

Anyway, Killie very good for the win and a sublime goal by Stewart in an advanced role. Considine poor for sending off and the second goal, Ball doing another thankless task wasn't great, McGinn looked fucked, May pap, GMS less than average, Shinnie and Ferguson looked okay but had too much to do. We need to get our first eleven worked out and hope we can get them on the pitch at the same time soon.