• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who's to blame?

Board?

DM?

Scouting failures?

I'd say all 3.

Now, I'm not advocating a knee jerk reaction, and we can't plan for an apparently soft red card but, but, people somewhere are failing the club and need to be either better trained, batter managed or GTFO.

We buy crocks FFS and then suffer injury crises, quell surprise!

We need goals and sell our goalscorer? WTF?

I want to revise my poits predictor down to about 45 now

Dreadful football from Aberdeen today, red card or not.

Kilmarnock deserved to win the game.

D.M must not pursue with May or McGinn in this team, subs only but he won't do that.

Max Lowe was the stand out player today.

Hope our injuries clear up or this will be a long hard season.

PS...As predicted in the second post on this thread, Greg Stewart would score against us  :wave:

Bitterly disappointing way to go into the break, in 8th place, a good few injuries, defeat at home and 7 points behind Hearts already, who occupy 1st place despite signing a crazy amount of players.

Max Lowe apparently played well and could be a useful addition. Shinnie got his obligatory yellow card for dissent and indeed his needless foul lead to them scoring directly from the free kick. Stevie May is useless, it's failed, we gave him a 4 year contract, he's not our answer and will never be whilst here ( unless he gets a partner, perhaps? )

We were certainly good in both legs against Burnley, wiped the floor against St Mirren, but the Rangers game was atrocious, Hibs last week was fucking infuriating & we scraped by Dundee, who are dismal, with a penalty, even they outplayed us and had numerous opportunities. Today, well of course it's difficult when you're down to 10 men early on, but Killie break that hoodoo and run out deserved winners.

As I have just said on Social Media, a prediction that may be controversial, but I can't see us finish top 4 this season, even when everyone is back & fit. I hope we at least give ourselves an opportunity to win another Cup, a welcome distraction that could prove to be. Maybe a knee-jerk post, but I see very few positives.

Sean Wallace of the EE saying Hoban definitely needs surgery and will be out for 2-3 Months  :eek:

He has been sent back to Watford for their medical team to take a look but yes looks like surgery is needed. Thank god it is the international break now cos as it stands there is no Hoban, Devlin suspended (we will appeal but we aint sevco so the chances of it getting rescinded are minimal) and McKenna may or may not be fit in time for our next game. The way it is going you can bet he won't.

Anyway saw game on a stream which came and went intermittently. Gleeson must now be getting severely pissed off and DM should hang his head in shame at what he did. He could (and should) have just dropped Ferguson in beside Consi and brought McGinn into central midfield and see how things went at least for 15-20 minutes. If it wasn't working then yes by all means make a switch bringing Ball on and sacrificing McGinn or May. I'm no fan of Gleeson and I don't think he is fit enough to play 90 minutes as yet but he does retain possession well which is what we needed to do and he should havre been on for at least 65 minutes or so.

Their first goal sadly was another Joe howler. Like most of us I think he is the best we have had since Kjaer but he is definitely costing us 3 or 4 games every season with rank bad goalkeeping. Had we got to half time all square we could have regrouped and Killie would have felt compelled with a man advantage to really go for it second half and may have left us a wee chance to nick a goal on the counter attack.

Overall its been a disappointing window with too many crocks and just utter shyte brought on board. Even at this early stage I cannot see us finishing higher than 4th and even that might be a stretch.

Derek

Derek McInnes: "Whether it's a red card or not I'm not going to criticise too much. It's harsh on us.Had we got a result today it would have been a solid start. No shame in losing to Burnley, into the quarter-finals of the league cup, two of those four games were against Hibs and Rangers which are always tough games. What worries us is that consistency of selection, we're not getting it at the minute."

Another thing McInnes ditch that horrible blue shirt. It fucking annoys me that you do not wear a shirt and tie like a proper football manager  :wave:

After listening to his interview on RedTV yesterday, he said if we win vs Killie, we'd be on 8 points, which is exactly where he " predicted we would be " So he's basically saying he'd be playing for 2 points against Rangers & Hibernian respectively? Or he realistically doesn't think or believe he can beat either team this season? Thought that was a fucking perplexing comment. He 100% said it, I may be knicker wetting, but that was his words " If we get 3 points tomorrow, we're on 8 points, which is exactly what I predicted "

Well that was shyte and don't think we would have won with 11 men on the park. When we threw on Cosgrove I knew it was game over for us.

McGinn is clearly unfit and shouldn't be near the pitch, I know he nearly scored from the free kick, but the rest of his play was woeful and when reduced to 10 men you need the rest of the team to step up a gear and not to go into reverse.

The ref was a dick, but not to be unexpected as he has plenty of previous, but I thought we were pretty rank today and was willing the game to finish,

It fucking annoys me that you do not wear a shirt and tie like a proper football manager  :wave:

This is the most tragic post ever. Let me explain to you why.

Before you react in a predictable fashion, stop and think here.

I'm not investing my time and my money just to take the piss out of you.

I'm doing this to try and help you.

Whether you are growth-mindset enough to recognise this is beyond me.

In fact, I can't be fucking arsed going any further.

It's fucking tragic how you cunts equate suits and ties (and posh accents) to credibility.

Just fuck off and die. You are why Scotland isn't independent and why Aberdeen voted Tory.

Well, wasnt that utter bollocks ?  Nice day,decent crowd & decent debut from Lowe, right that's the positives out the way.

The ineffective McGinn should have been hooked way before he was, May isn't doing it, Shinnie isnt at races (& got a stupid booking to boot). Ridiculous sending off of course, Thompson loves to send on of us off, only surprise it wasn't Considine.

We were badly needing fresh legs in 2nd half, why Anderson wasn't on earlier & Ross not at all is a total mystery. We look totally clueless going forward & of course we carry zero goal threat.

Very bad day at the office :frown:

This is the most tragic post ever. Let me explain to you why.

Before you react in a predictable fashion, stop and think here.

I'm not investing my time and my money just to take the piss out of you.

I'm doing this to try and help you.

Whether you are growth-mindset enough to recognise this is beyond me.

In fact, I can't be fucking arsed going any further.

It's fucking tragic how you cunts equate suits and ties (and posh accents) to credibility.

Just fuck off and die. You are why Scotland isn't independent and why Aberdeen voted Tory.

That there, was one of my pet hates when Calderwood came into much criticism, folk used to say it was his accent they hated and wasn't suitable for that of an AFC manager  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It  was never a red card.  So far from goal, defenders covering, but Killie playgers got round the ref and put the idea in his head, something our captain and players never did today, for some reason.

McInnes probably panicked a bit at the red and made the change straight away. I think he'd maybe have been better just waiting a moment and taking it from there, but I can see why he wanted to make the early decision.

After that we were never really cohesive, never really getting on top of them and there was a lot of huff and puff but we were just shit really. 

Down to ten and we really needed to stretch the game and he decides Cosgrove should come on... that worked as well as it sounds.

Well beaten. Greg Stewart scored a great goal for them. He is a good, good player, if played in his correct position.

Shame we never tried it.