Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V St Mirren

That first 45 was as accomplished a performance as i can remember seeing, my only gripe being i had +4.5 goals on todays game.

There were no failures today. everyone played with a freedom and confidence that looked lovely to watch. That is the way to set up against 75% of the teams we will face this season and we will be unplayable if we do.

the manager set it up right, the players player it right and if anyone still has an issue with anything from today, then seriously, get fucked.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That first 45 was as accomplished a performance as i can remember seeing, my only gripe being i had +4.5 goals on todays game.

There were no failures today. everyone played with a freedom and confidence that looked lovely to watch. That is the way to set up against 75% of the teams we will face this season and we will be unplayable if we do.

the manager set it up right, the players player it right and if anyone still has an issue with anything from today, then seriously, get fucked.

You had an issue, started your email with it stating your gripe!

Although he didn't play badly today, none of our players did, I just think Gleeson is struggling a bit with the pace of the game up here, a few players take their time to settle. Forrester is a strange one though haven't seen anything in the short time I have seen him on the pitch as why we signed him. I hope he can prove me wrong, but he looks like he might be a Maynard type signing in that he only stops another young player from being on the bench, he looks very lightweight.

As for Ball he seems to be trying bloody hard to stay in the team which is good for us. Some of his passes today were superb and he made a few decent tackles as well when called upon. There was one pass he made in the second half which looked shit, but it was nearly perfect, the only bad point was May being flagged offside when he got on the end of it. It just goes to show what a run of games can do for a player.

I think you are wrong with both. I think it’s the form and play of Ferguson. Forrester was injured and Ferguson has performed to where he shouldn’t be dropped.

I'm a wee bit surprised that so many thought Ferguson wouldn't be in our XI most weeks.  I've always thought Ferguson was signed to go straight into the team.

Great that May scored today. That has been needed, hopefully gives him a bit of a lift.

Although he didn't play badly today, none of our players did, I just think Gleeson is struggling a bit with the pace of the game up here, a few players take their time to settle. Forrester is a strange one though haven't seen anything in the short time I have seen him on the pitch as why we signed him. I hope he can prove me wrong, but he looks like he might be a Maynard type signing in that he only stops another young player from being on the bench, he looks very lightweight.

As for Ball he seems to be trying bloody hard to stay in the team which is good for us. Some of his passes today were superb and he made a few decent tackles as well when called upon. There was one pass he made in the second half which looked shit, but it was nearly perfect, the only bad point was May being flagged offside when he got on the end of it. It just goes to show what a run of games can do for a player.

Was going to praise Ball too but changed my mind, didn’t want to cause an argument on a good day! He’s been pretty solid all season to date.

Thought May was decent last week too (contrary to popular opinion) and he's been working hard for it. He's there to contribute outside of the box as well as inside, which I think he's been doing this season, now hopefully his goal tally goes up. Everyone would be delighted if this gives him the required lift.

Rather than Ross and Wright playing well being a slight on McInnes and his management of them, perhaps it could be that now was the right time for them, albeit Ross got his chance through a slice of misfortune. Ross, like a lot of his colleagues in the youth team, has looked very raw and almost too eager when I've seen him in the youth league. By contrast he was very calm and composed today, as was McLennan when he came on. Wright was also running into brick walls far less than when he played at the start of last season.

All in all, a good win. 

Magical.

What you greeting about now Blobby?

The bit you chose to chop backed up why I thought it - I've seen Ross in youth games and while he looked good he was quite harum scarum at times (as is common with an enthusiastic youngster), yet he looked far more composed today than I've ever seen him, and Wright's decision making was better than I've seen it before, as opposed to times at the start last season. Perhaps they're now both ready and it's the right time is all I'm saying.

Or maybe that's off the mark? The players don't like the manager and laugh about him behind his back?  ;)

What you greeting about now Blobby?

The bit you chose to chop backed up why I thought it - I've seen Ross in youth games and while he looked good he was quite harum scarum at times (as is common with an enthusiastic youngster), yet he looked far more composed today than I've ever seen him, and Wright's decision making was better than I've seen it before, as opposed to times at the start last season. Perhaps they're now both ready and it's the right time is all I'm saying.

Or maybe that's off the mark? The players don't like the manager and laugh about him behind his back?  ;)

:rofl:

Watched the game back. Really enjoyable stuff with some really good football being played. We should have been 6 up by half time but that's really being fussy. A few lapses in concentration which I don't think would have happened were we not 3-0 up at the time. Good to see all the youngsters taking their opportunity. Ross being the quieter of them but he didn't do anything wrong. The hunger is there for all to see. Be interesting to see how many start to feature a bit more regularly. Theyre not making dms job easy  :thumbsup:

Did not see the match just the highlights on RED TV but Aberdeen were superb yesterday. Can not comment on May glad he scored that tap in even though I thought he was going to miss it. :laughing: Will be interesting to see if DM will stick to the same team when injuries and Logan returns next week.

Don't think he will.....Hivs at Easter Road is a different animal to St Boo at home. Don't have a big problem with that but do think we should set up as we did yesterday as much as possible at home. Wright and GMS were both virtually unplayable for the St Boo defenders. Could, and possibly should, have been 6 or 7.

Great to see the young eens getting game time too.

Just cos they are notorious....especially at home.......for turning on their own team and booing them. Can't believe you haven't heard that anywhere else. Even their own fans admit it.....see about halfway down page 1 of this thread....

Edit....post by "Doakes" if you are too lazy to read down

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrIRltlSXlbKBUApk13Bwx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByMnE1MzMwBGNvbG8DaXIyBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1534704101/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.blackandwhitearmy.com%2fforums%2findex.php%3f%2ftopic%2f44513-have-st-mirren-ever-had-this-much-publicity%2f/RK=2/RS=idk.gLBYUoR09Wz1lITZ9nt6t.E-

Don't think he will.....Hivs at Easter Road is a different animal to St Boo at home. Don't have a big problem with that but do think we should set up as we did yesterday as much as possible at home. Wright and GMS were both virtually unplayable for the St Boo defenders. Could, and possibly should, have been 6 or 7.

Great to see the young eens getting game time too.

Wright was brilliant today, loved him through the middle. McInnes said post match that even after McGinn was injured he was keen to give Wright a chance through the middle so played Ross instead of putting Wright back out wide  :thumbsup:

Hibs a different prospect however but would hope we don't re-invent the wheel despite the injuries seemingly easing.

I never knew that, interesting. They weren't in the booing mood yesterday, which is strange given how fuckin dire they were.

To be fair I only heard it when I was living down in deepest darkest Lanarkshire. Could just be a West Coast thing cos I've never heard it used now that I'm back East