Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Burnley v Aberdeen - 2nd leg

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

With a bit of luck we can win this tie.

Burnley are decent but we have nothing to fear, we face tougher games against the Glasgow unwashed in my opinion.  Might have to be a backs to the wall performance and hope for a goal on the break but we'd all take that.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burnley today drew 0-0 with top-flight French team Montpellier (10th in Ligue 1 last season).

Burnley (4-4-2): Legzins: Bardsley, Long, Dunne, Taylor; Brady, Hendrick, O'Neill, Walters; Vokes, Barnes.

Of the 11 who started against the Dons on Thursday, only Hendrick began against Montpellier. Vokes was the only other player who featured at Pittodrie. None of the other 10 Pittodrie starters played today.

Brady, coming back after 8 months out with a cruciate, limped off after 41 minutes with a hamstring injury. Barnes, recovered after a bad case of blistered feet, played 60 minutes and should be on the bench next Thursday if he doesn't start.

Thanks for this lancy. If I thought you were of the same stuff that we were made of in the NE of Scotland, I might have responded with something like "who cares?" or "who gives a fuck?". But modern politics discourages honesty in exchanges and communication so I won't. The bottom line is that a winning unit focuses more on what they can do and less about the opposition, with the proviso that a professional outfit scouts, observes and sees EVERYTHING an opponent does. McInnes wouldn't have bothered his arse to watch it. He would have been more concerned with trimming his beard, or washing his hair.

More than 5,000 tickets remain unsold for Aberdeen's Europa League qualifying visit to Burnley, with the Dons selling out their 2,400 allocation almost immediately. (Daily Express, print edition)

That true Lancy? Would have thought these would have been snapped up already given the likely outcome.

That true Lancy? Would have thought these would have been snapped up already given the likely outcome.

Yes. It's the annual "summer holiday fortnight" in Burnley but another reason  is that we are the ONLY PL club who have not signed a single new player this summer despite a mountain of cash being available. Our main target seems to be 37-year-old Peter Crouch for £500,000 to replace Sam Vokes, apparently off to Middlesbrough for £10 million.

No new players + the two most skilful injured = total apathy. The fans voted with their feet yesterday - less than 4,000 for a game against a top 10 French club, Montpellier.

Whilst we'll be fitter, so will Burnley and i'd imagine they'll have a few more players back in contention.  Thursday was a missed opportunity, despite still being a great game and result.  Can't see us winning this one, but I do think we will score.  Hope those that have managed to get tickets have a great time, hopefully they give us a good Lancastrian welcome!

In / out: out

Pre-match: Bed

Match: Bed, hopefully watching the game

Post-match: snow boarding :thumbsup: *weather permitting

Prediction: 3-1 Burnley, Shinnie

Whereabouts are you snowboarding? If you're going to Coronet look out for 'Andrew' on the lifts.

Yes. It's the annual "summer holiday fortnight" in Burnley but another reason  is that we are the ONLY PL club who have not signed a single new player this summer despite a mountain of cash being available. Our main target seems to be 37-year-old Peter Crouch for £500,000 to replace Sam Vokes, apparently off to Middlesbrough for £10 million.

No new players + the two most skilful injured = total apathy. The fans voted with their feet yesterday - less than 4,000 for a game against a top 10 French club, Montpellier.

Did spurs sign someone?

That's shocking from the Burnley fans IMO Lancy.

Surely you guys should be on top of the world after finishing in a European place last season.  The reluctance to add to the squad is maybe a bit disappointing but FFS Burnley are in Europe!

As an outsider, surely now is as good as it's ever gonna get for your team? 

Did spurs sign someone?

tbf they've spending around 1 billion on a new ground

Spurs IMO seem to be a particularly greedy club , asking for huge OTT transfer fees & giving the bare minimum.

probably comes from Levvy who bags a kings ransom himself

OK most of the do that , but Spurs seem worse to me for some reason

The board just not freeing up money?  What's Dyche been saying about it?

Dyche just says his usual thing....."it's difficult for a club like ours because we cannot offer the wages. we are not going to break our wages ceiling (now about £40k a week + bonuses for league position)." Only Huddersfield paid lower wages than us last season. We were 7th, they were 16th.

Burnley are willing to pay £15-20 million for a player like Craig Dawson but he wants the £75k a week he earns at RELEGATED West Brom. Also, Dyche tends to sign only English/Irish/Arfield players, so his options are restricted.

Dyche just says his usual thing....."it's difficult for a club like ours because we cannot offer the wages. we are not going to break our wages ceiling (now about £40k a week + bonuses for league position)." Only Huddersfield paid lower wages than us last season. We were 7th, they were 16th.

Burnley are willing to pay £15-20 million for a player like Craig Dawson but he wants the £75k a week he earns at RELEGATED West Brom. Also, Dyche tends to sign only English/Irish/Arfield players, so his options are restricted.

You've got a PM.

We could probably drop Scott McKenna's price to £19.99M if Dyche is interested as long as we can insert a 90% sell on clause into his contract  ;D

Wonder how Bournemouth do it, get the impression they are paying a bit more than that in wages on some.  Do you find this prudent or do you think the board are being a bit stingy given tv income?

Wonder how Bournemouth do it, get the impression they are paying a bit more than that in wages on some.  Do you find this prudent or do you think the board are being a bit stingy given tv income?

Bournemouth effectively do it by "cheating" thanks to the billions of their Russian "sugar daddy" Max Demim.

When they were promoted in 2014/15, their income - on 11,000 attendances - was £10 million and their wage bill £25 million (a £15 million loss). Their "gamble" against Financial Fair Play rules paid off and they only got a small fine (slap on the wrists) after reaching the PL.

They still get 11,000 attendances but pay Jermaine Defoe £130,000-a-week on a three-year deal. Wonder what the Bournemouth players who get less than £50k a week think? Burnley want every player on similar wages for team spirit purposes.

Whereabouts are you snowboarding? If you're going to Coronet look out for 'Andrew' on the lifts.

Is that where you are? Nice! Sadly we're hitting Treble Cone and Cardrona for 1/2 a day each. Got a few things we've got to sort out in Wanaka.

Lancy, I can understand the fans frustration, but as another poster mentioned, it's the first euro tie in 50 years! Maybe they're confident they'll get another shot in the next round.  Shame really.

Just setting off to Brexitland as we speak. Got my phrasebook packed for the journey and have been practicing:

"Fucking immigrants. Go back to your own country. We've taken back control."

Is that right lancy? Will I fit in?

Is there anywhere I should avoid when down there? Anything worth seeing? Should I bring coins for the stray kids of England, or will that just lead to them pestering me?

Anyway, looking forward to going to turf moor. Looks like I might need my sunglasses as it might still be in the late teens during the game. Should be a good one. In hope more than expectation of course.

0-3 McGinn, Devlin and Greg Stewart.

Leaving soon to head to The Weeg, then on Virgin West Coast 10.40am to Preston and on to Burnley

Going to go for one each with Super Joe saving two penalties to see us safely through after extra time.

Safe journey one and all

Have a great trip

Currently in the Wetherspoons in Preston debating another breakfast cider. As with last week cannot see where goals are coming from so hopefully we manage to win another penalty. Will have a window on sky scanner open with flights for Instanbul just in case.

In

Train (off that now) then beers in Preston

Away end

Beers

Heart 0-1 The Swimmer head 2-0 Burnley.

Will be watching the match on BT tonight. Really hope we get the result needed to progress. Like most of these matches luck may be needed to see us through. Notice that all banners are banned in Turf Moor which may be a good thing after seeing some of them on Twitter,okay if we win but very embarrassing if it all goes tits up for us.

Anyway, good luck to the boys and will be looking for the away goal to take us through to the next round.

:ultras:

Ps... RED TV International have now live TV video coverage for folks outside the UK ( cough )