Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

World Cup

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

^ this post makes my heart sing BB.

Unlike you, I couldn't name a single Columbian player in this WC and I've not watched them closely enough, if at all so far. What I do know is that England have beaten two teams who were hardly expected to qualify, one of them only just. I also know that expectations in England were not great... until they banged in a few in the first half against the mighty Panama before a 1-1 draw in the second half. Then all hell broke loose, their dormant natures having been ignited by a false reality. Let's face it, England aren't that good. I would love it if Columbia knocked them out.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry lads, I'm back over to Budapest on Monday.

So I'll be on my lucky chair in my lucky pub.

Venue of such great events as Iceland beating England and Liverpool losing just a few weeks ago.

Can't promise that I'll be able to conjure up another goalkeeping performance like the Liverpool game but I'll do my best.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

Out in the round of 16 to Colombia  ;)

Prediction still on.  Hope yir right Mr Biscuit.

Check out the Limmy Lineker tweets.

Is it just me that finds twitter a really shite tool for navigating? I don't really use it, but I'm part of the club. It took me about twenty minutes to find the full conversation and by that point it had lost its edge.

Is it just me that finds twitter a really shite tool for navigating? I don't really use it, but I'm part of the club. It took me about twenty minutes to find the full conversation and by that point it had lost its edge.

I don't "tweet" much at all (maybe once a month on average), I "follow" zero people (it used to be one but banksy went awol) but the search function isn't an issue. Having been told about it, I typed in Lim... and after three letters only "Limmy Gary Lineker" came up as a selectable option.

Twitter is useful for me for one reason only, understanding what's going through the minds of clients and competitors. It's also useful for anthropological reinforcing as it confirms how vacuous most people are, including the rich and famous.

Really hope the french win this one now.

Whilst the Argentina equaliser was good I don't think it deserved as much of a commentator wankfest as it got. The French equaliser on the other hand was sweet (better or at least more spectcular IMO) yet seemed to have a fairly low key response from BBCs finest

Really hope the french win this one now.

Whilst the Argentina equaliser was good I don't think it deserved as much of a commentator wankfest as it got. The French equaliser on the other hand was sweet (better or at least more spectcular IMO) yet seemed to have a fairly low key response from BBCs finest

Sounds like I missed a cracker ! Will dig out the highlights at half time

There have been some great goals but whilst it's too early for me to say it's been a great tournament, it's certainly got the potential to be. It being pretty wide open makes it exciting. There were lots of dull group matches but I guess there always are but now we are into the business end, the first knock out games were excellent for us neutrals, not so good for the two most-heralded players on the planet and their nations.

I hope Croatia and Belgium play to the potential that the sum of their parts can do.

It would be great if Iniesta and Diego Costa turn it on, the former being arguably one of the greatest in history, the latter just to show that cunt Conte what an egomaniacal fool he is.

And if Neymar can even show a fraction of the price tag put on him, Brazil can justify their favourites tag.

Uruguay and France showed great desire and quality and will be good to watch in the quarters.

Most of all, I've become a massive Columbia fan, albeit for one match only.

Shaping up to be an excellent and very interesting WC.

Seems Spain got what they deserved......unless you want a conspiracy theory for their reluctance to seriously attack the Russians.

Potential for only 1 previous winner to be in the semi-finals (If so I'd personally like it to be Uruguay) so may that be someone 'new' will win it.

Croats always seem to have a piss poor performance in them. Usually sees them going out but not this time. They will not play as badly again and have got to fancy their chances of making the final.

Agree Jute, think you're spot on with that.

Got a few bucks on them getting there and a few more on Colombia.  Maguire and Young on the wrong side against Cuadrado...? Surely there's only one winner? We'll see on Tuesday.

Enjoyed the last 16 matches so far. I do not mind if England win on Tuesday, I don't mind if they reach the Final as long as they do not win the World Cup.  :thumbsup:

The problem with England doing well in this World Cup would be the reaction to it from Englishmen.

Their campaign hasn't really started so who knows how well they'll do? They beat Tunisia in the last minute, horsed Panama in the first half and lost the game that neither team wanted to win and already they think of themselves as world beaters.

Someone needs to fucking stop Russia and I’m hoping it’ll be them.

The vilification of Putin and Russia is working I see.

On the contrary, Russia and Denmark have been impressive for their sheer athleticism and wills to win. As much as I think Croatia have a much bigger chance to go further and obviously underperformed last night, I felt sorry for the Danes. Russia got through on the same lottery (that is penalties) so yesterday produced a nice balance. The Spanish and the Croats are blessed with more artistry and skill but the Russians and Danes had greater work ethics and stoicism. That's a 50/50 right there.