Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen V Sevco

if we lose to these cunts again then we don't deserve second place, or third come to that.

Exactly. It's why I'm pleased with the way the fixtures have worked out. It gives us a true test of our second place credentials. I don't believe we're the second best squad on paper (nor in budget), so it'll be a very decent achievement to finish second in the league.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of the Dons players will never set foot on the pitch at Pittodrie again after this game. It could go one of two ways, we don't give a fu*ck good riddance to Aberdeen or let's give the fan's a fantastic send off.

I am going for a 3-1 win for us but would not be surprised if it is a dull 0-0 and it goes to the last set of games to determine second spot.

i dont get it..

what are these comments, Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes says it would be "a bit more embarrassing" for Rangers if they do not finish second in this season's Premiership.

WTF Just hours before the game !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43958074

It's what every single manager in world football does. It's about taking pressure off your own side and putting it on the other. I don't believe it has any affect on anything at all, but managers will never say that they expect to win a game or that they are favourites or whatever. It's a modern thing, and it's all very boring. No point in listening to anything any manager or player says in an interview these days, their so rehearsed and scripted it's boring. Unless it was thon Billy Brown cunt - he was amazing. Probably deid now.

I think Ball deserves the start, been decent in the last few games. Also allows McLean to play farther forward, ahead of Ball and Shinnie, which I think is a good thing. Cosgrove deserves the start too - by no means been great but Rooney and May haven't been too great. My concern is Considine and his lack of pace, I'd rather have Reynolds in there, but neither that strong.

First 15 mins will tell you if we're up for this or not...

Interesting first half. A traditional, much more like it, Aberdeen Rangers game.

Worst tackle of the half was the one on Shinnie by Goss but no booking?? No way this finishes 11v11. I expect Goss, Holt, or Halliday to go early. I'll jump to the defense of Cosgrove, who we'll need to sub before he goes, he looked for the defender and spread his body and arms to get positioning, I don't see it as him trying to elbow the defender.

Rangers clearly started the better team and the goal changed the game. Wasn't that sure if we were up for it, but clearly we are now. We were clearly the better side after the penalty, cracking strike by McLean off the bar, but he should have scored his volley. McLean has been average at best in his time here, but for the last 5 months has been tremendous. Best player on the park so far...