Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The crap quote thread

Saw all this on twitter yesterday. What relevance does it have to now?

It's a non story in itself, as Peat says he ignored it and as we know, the league season was extended. 

It was 11 seasons ago.

It involved a club that ceased to exist 6 years ago.

Only thing that crossed my mind is, is this the deflectors being turned on for some bad news befalling the new club in the next week or two?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Gerrard warned his Rangers stars to shake hands with rivals after games — win, lose or draw.

“Should my players? Yes, because we are Rangers and we are playing for an historic club that shows class.

“That’s who we are representing.

Class and Sevco in the same sentence  :laughing:

Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd tells BBC Scotland's Tom English about his eight dogs but can he remember all their names

Liked this answer from someone on Twitter

Can Kris Boyd remember how much Tax he owes the British State when Hector comes knocking at the door???

What's the tax on £215,000???

:laughing: :laughing:

• 2 weeks later...

Kris Boyd:

It still underlines Aberdeen’s sorry attempts and their sorry standing in Scottish football. I keep hearing Aberdeen fans bang on about the Red Army and the fact they follow a big club. Perhaps in the 1980s, but certainly not any more.The blazers would be entitled to tell them to ram it the next time they start clattering out statements.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3372778/aberdeen-semi-final-tickets-sorry-standing-scottish-football-kris-boyd/

He really detests Aberdeen Football Club.

There must be something in the SPFL rule book on football players making comments like this about another club  :confused:

Sumo no longer has the ability to wind me up to be honest.

He is an embarassment to himself and more importantly Kilmarnock Football Club.

Even if he doesn't actually write the words himself, his name still goes to them and as such makes himself look a bitter Hun bastard, which in fairness is exactly what he is

If a serving player bets that his club will win a game of football he would be hauled over the coals and punished for it.

Boyd is a serving player in the SPFL who is getting paid to write trash about another club. He needs to be punished by the SPFL for his comments.

Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

If a serving player bets that his club will win a game of football he would be hauled over the coals and punished for it.

Boyd is a serving player in the SPFL who is getting paid to write trash about another club. He needs to be punished by the SPFL for his comments.

Ah, come on Len, he says and writes controversial things so that folk buy papers. That's what he is paid for by the sun and sky.

He gets dogs abuse whenever he comes up to Pittodrie, dinna chuck the toys oot the pram if he has a go back.

The guy is a prat and nae worth listening to.

Archie Knox:

Steven Gerrard...He has that passion. Fans can’t be kidded

Is this the Sevco fans we are taking about here.  :laughing:

Funny how Knox only seems to be a Sevco fan these days and is hardly ever mentioned as the assistant to Fergie in the Glory years.

Archie Knox:

Steven Gerrard...He has that passion. Fans can’t be kidded

Is this the Sevco fans we are taking about here.  :laughing:

Funny how Knox only seems to be a Sevco fan these days and is hardly ever mentioned as the assistant to Fergie in the Glory years.

Knox is a hun. I just wrote this to a client who is a hun: -

You didn't enrol. You were brainwashed. You therefore are not exercising a choice nor free will. There isn't a war on so there are no "soldiers". The sectarian issue in the west of Scotland is a blight and a huge embarrassment to the country. It's stupid to hate in a civilised society and it's utterly hypocritical to divide on religion when none of you care about it.

I had just had enough of his union jack and no surrender texts.

On Saturday I spent the afternoon in the pub watching the Aberdeen game with two Celtic fans, one a mate of over 35 years. I've always hated Rangers more than I hate Celtic and there is very good reason to.

Knox is a hun. I just wrote this to a client who is a hun: -

You didn't enrol. You were brainwashed. You therefore are not exercising a choice nor free will. There isn't a war on so there are no "soldiers". The sectarian issue in the west of Scotland is a blight and a huge embarrassment to the country. It's stupid to hate in a civilised society and it's utterly hypocritical to divide on religion when none of you care about it.

I had just had enough of his union jack and no surrender texts.

On Saturday I spent the afternoon in the pub watching the Aberdeen game with two Celtic fans, one a mate of over 35 years. I've always hated Rangers more than I hate Celtic and there is very good reason to.

Admit I am the same regarding hating The Rangers more than Celtic.

What I find odd is the times I watch a Sevco match from Ibrox on TV the directors box is always full of ex players and ex managers of the dead club no matter how many other clubs these players or managers have played for or managed during their careers they all seem to return to that dump and not the other clubs they served at for years.

Admit I am the same regarding hating The Rangers more than Celtic.

What I find odd is the times I watch a Sevco match from Ibrox on TV the directors box is always full of ex players and ex managers of the dead club no matter how many other clubs these players or managers have played for or managed during their careers they all seem to return to that dump and not the other clubs they served at for years.

This was my text that closed the conversation: -

The stupidest people in society are in denial. They refute truth if they don't like it. They can even be POTUS with this sickness.

The huns in our local pubs refuse to accept that Rangers died. Their arguments range from "why didn't they strip them of titles" to trying to suggest Celtic under Ferghus McCann also liquidated.

Kris Boyd

But thinking about it more, it only shows the Dons are now only the FIFTH biggest club in Scotland.

After Rangers and then Celtic, it’s now Hearts and Hibs.

Aberdeen lag behind, given they still haven’t got their own training ground or stadium sorted.

He fucking really hates us ... :laughing:

I don't think he does. Not even convinced he actually writes the shite that appears in "his" column. But he is acutely away that being controversial keeps him in a "job". So allowing his name to be put to stuff like that keeps the cash flowing into his account every month.

He will know of course that it winds us up greatly. Best thing to do is just avoid buying the Sun or clicking on their website.

Jim White has likened Steven Gerrard’s no-nonsense way of handling a question to Man United legend Sir Alex Ferguson.

Speaking on talkSPORT this morning, he said: “I liked the way he got a hold of the situation.

“He says: ‘I’m in charge, Jordan Rossiter sit out of this one. I’m going to take this question’.

“I know it’s early days for Gerrard at Rangers but there were almost shades of Sir Alex in that.”

Saying absolutely nothing.  :confused:

I don't think he does. Not even convinced he actually writes the shite that appears in "his" column. But he is acutely away that being controversial keeps him in a "job". So allowing his name to be put to stuff like that keeps the cash flowing into his account every month.

He will know of course that it winds us up greatly. Best thing to do is just avoid buying the Sun or clicking on their website.

simmie

• 1 month later...
Guest kiriakovisthenewstrachan

I do like the headline on the BBC sport web page this morning

"England's Nobbs out of World Cup"

Is that not five months too late?  :rofl: