Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

The crap quote thread

Hibs are a decent team and in Lennon have a manager who has less respect for the OF than McInnes.  On their day they can give anyone a game, but equally so can we.

Really? Hate to say it, but no points from Rangers or Celtic this year when almost everyone else has taken something makes me question your statement.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Lencarl. Good on you for wanting the best. Don't we all but we are humans and therefore it is inevitable that we will have different outlooks, attitudes, beliefs and opinions.

I don't give a fuck what the media say. Results are all that matters. Their opinions are just opinions too.

Who knows how we will finish the season. I'm naturally optimistic too but as far as 2017/18 is concerned, I think we have overachieved and have performed like shit most of the time.

Really? Hate to say it, but no points from Rangers or Celtic this year when almost everyone else has taken something makes me question your statement.

Yet it's strange that we all believe we should be taking points from the Tims and (to a much lesser extent) the Huns. I agree with Rocket when he says:

I think we have overachieved and have performed like shit most of the time

I actually think the squad we've assembled is really poor this season. Worse than Hibs, probably somewhere between Killie and Hibs. That's why I'm really surprised by the level of expectation that fan's have for our performances against the better teams (I'm going to include hibs in that so as not to dwell on the "points against the old firm" shite as if it should have any relevance - points against better teams would be more appropriate, with Limassol etc included). Based on our squad, I'd say that we should be winning our home games against the huns and hibs (and hertz) and getting in the region of 3-4 points against the Tims). Anything more would be unrealistic in my opinion as we're really not that good. Outside our first 11, perhaps 13 players, we're way off what we should be. If we're missing one of our influential players (McLean, Shinnie or McKenna lets say, Christie earlier in the season) we should immediately revert to underdog against any of the top 4 at home. 2 players, we're looking at about Hertz's level and 3 we're a mid-bottom-six team.

The thing about McInnes is that there are no surprises generally. He gets the team to perform at the level they should perform over a period of time with little variance (the odd really shite game, the odd really good game). I don't expect the sort of run you might get from a more inspiring manager. He's very technical and very cautious in approach to the game, and leaves little room to chance. We've come from behind to win just 3 times this season (although a bit harsh as we've had numerous clean sheets too). He's built a squad this season with glaring holes over last. The first 11 is decent, probably better than hibs, slightly worse than the hun post-January, but take any decent player out of that (I dinna mean swapping Arnason for O'Connor) and we're fucked. Look to the bench in any individual game and we're fucked. I don't think we have any right to expect to finish second this season, and I think it'll take a huge effort to do so. We need to keep everyone fit (McLean already suspended for Hibs I think?) and I don't think that's likely. With our squad, I think third would be about right if we were looking at it objectively. 3 home ties might just help us out though.

The Scotsman

Former Liverpool midfielder Steven Gerrard, presently a youth coach at Anfield, has become odds-on favourite with bookmakers to become the next Rangers manager after Ibrox chairman Dave King was spotted at the Reds' Champions League semi-final against Roma on Tuesday.

Gerrard will NOT be the next Sevco manager.

The media never fail to amaze me with the crap they come out with.

The Sun

Steven Gerrard in talks to be Rangers manager. Talks between all parties are to be on-going, but SunSport understands a deal is close with director of football Mark Allen leading the Ibrox delegation.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2557375/steven-gerrard-in-talks-to-be-rangers-manager-and-go-head-to-head-with-his-former-liverpool-boss-brendan-rodgers/

No chance this is true. Why would they appoint a guy with zero manager experience. It makes no sense but it is Sevco we are talking about I suppose

PS Maybe the Admin chappies could move this post to the 

Dirthy Filthy Hun Scumbag Vermin (deceased), liquidated & Green abondons ship thread to discuss should this crap come true. :wave:

Ally McCoist on The Rangers manager job

“But, listen, it doesn’t matter who gets that job, you can give it to anybody, you can give it to Guardiola, Mourinho, Steven Gerrard.“If they don’t get the money to buy better quality players they’ll continue to finish second behind Celtic. “That’s the bottom line.”

When have The Rangers ever finished second behind Celtic? :confused:

Alex McLeish at the POTY Awards

I'm sure that Celtic will improve with a better Rangers team. Also the whole of Scottish football will improve with a better Rangers team.

The whole of Scottish Fooball including Celtic would improve without these minkers in the SPFL. :thumbsup:

Alex McLeish at the POTY AwardsThe whole of Scottish Fooball including Celtic would improve without these minkers in the SPFL. :thumbsup:

McLeish said the other night on Radio Clyde that it would be a disaster for Scottish Football if the huns didn't finish second. 

Still trying to work that one out to be honest...

The Ibrox club are in talks with potential investors as they look to raise cash to hand a transfer fund to Steven Gerrard, who they will continue talks with on Thursday over becoming their new manager.

Good luck with that  :laughing:

PS....I really hope that S.G gets the manager job at Sevco. I have a feeling his ego will make him believe he is their savour even though he knows they are a total basket case .

Keith Downie said: “It’s my understanding that Rangers remain confident they’ve landed their man, their No1 target in Steven Gerrard. But he is keen to get assurances, perhaps even written assurances, from Rangers in terms of a transfer budget moving forward.”

Written assurances you say...That could be a major stumbling block in the negotiations.  :rofl2:

Steven Gerrard

"I have enormous respect for this football club, and its history and tradition. I can't wait to start this new journey at Rangers as we look to build on the many successes that this club has achieved."

What history... :laughing: :laughing:

A few today from the Man who would be King:

Dave King last night compared Celtic's domestic dominance to "a pack of cards" and predicted just a single Scottish title win could tip the balance of power in favour of the Ibrox club.

Dave King describes himself as the "Bank of first resort" for Rangers. Since leading the takeover of the Ibrox club just over three years ago, he estimates his personal commitment to it at north of £30m.

Celtic caught up with Rangers in just 11 minutes under Martin O'Neill... you just need the right management, says Ibrox chairman Dave King

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

From the huns on Twitter after our win against Celtic

Definite match fixing going on here.

14 years since the Sheepshaggers last won in the league at the Chamber of Secrets, including 25 straight defeats, until today.

Rodgers has never lost a league game at the dump, until today.

Coincidence?

Anyone who thought they wouldn't lie down today need a a lobotomy. Filth

:laughing: :laughing: