Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup Semi-Final

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus the Dons players need to look at this motherwell team.

They just plain simple fucking get on with it.

I'm thinking of the difference say between Northern Ireland's National team and Scotland's.

Some of the players picked for the Northern Irish are complete unknowns or even ridiculed but when they get together they form an effective team.

Scotland over the last 20+ years on the other hand have been filled with individuals or little cliques who believe their own hype.

And pretty sure that means top 3 in league for Europe now if Celtic beat rangers or if rangers finish in the top 3. Finishing 4th and no Europe either would be a disaster.

As long as Well dont win the cup then 4th gets the euro spot. However if we dont finish at very worst 3rd then i dont think we deserve it. No matter who Well face in the final i will be supporting them and if that means us missing out on europe if we finish 4th then i make no apologies for it.

No matter what happens.......McInnes out

Absolute disgrace today. No fight or passion shown by a single player in that fucking awful blue strip. Ball was brutal. Nakwali getting injured was a blessing in disguise. Cannot believe he is a Man City player. Miss by May just before half time was criminal. £300k for a player who cannot hit the target when clean through. I am off to sit in a darkened room.

1.  No Shinnie and Logan really hurts us.

2.  Ball is an utter liability today. Sub him at half-time.

3.  Scotland needs VAR.  There is no justification for starting a description of a goal as "yes it was a handball but..."

What Logan have you been watching this season? He's been shite for 18 months, offered us nothing at all and if he had been playing today nothing at all would have been different in terms of the first goal or the lack of an attacking presence from right back.

We knew for a month that we were missing Shinnie, McLean and Logan. But what did our manager do about that in our preparation for this game? Fuck all. May well have done something in training, but the boys coming in had been starved of match practice when they didn't need to be. We are out this cup due to poor management, the same reason we were put out the league cup, funnily enough (it's not funny) to the same opposition and by the same score, so that's a nice symmetry at least....

McInnes said today after the match that he realised today (!!!!!) that his signings in the last two windows aren't up to it. Well guess what Derek.... we all fucking knew that before today.  Why has it taken you so long to admit it? Arrogance or incompetence? Both?

Been a long time since I've felt so angry at a game.

Time for a change Stewartie, let's see that you've got the balls to do the right thing.

Today's positives.

We won't see O'Connor, Arnason, Ball, Nakawli or Christie anywhere near Pittodrie next season.

Just fucking awful today and the buck stops with McInnes.

My boy and myself were saying on the way to the ground that McInnes has known for weeks about the missing players and done fuck all to prepare for it.

What Logan have you been watching this season? He's been shite for 18 months, offered us nothing at all and if he had been playing today nothing at all would have been different in terms of the first goal or the lack of an attacking presence from right back.

Logan has been poor by his own standards, but Ball took that to a whole new level today. Nothing Logan has ever done for the dons has been that bad. He definitely wouldn't have let thon chunt handle his way past him (fucking disgraceful decision by the ref too).

We knew for a month that we were missing Shinnie, McLean and Logan. But what did our manager do about that in our preparation for this game? Fuck all. May well have done something in training, but the boys coming in had been starved of match practice when they didn't need to be.

Nonsense. We're in second place in the league. There's been zero opportunity to play anything but our best team. We can't just sacrifice the league position in the hope of getting to a cup final

We are out this cup due to poor management, the same reason we were put out the league cup

Agree with that statement though! Fucking horrendous tactics. Rooney and May does not fucking work McInnes.

McInnes said today after the match that he realised today (!!!!!) that his signings in the last two windows aren't up to it. Well guess what Derek.... we all fucking knew that before today.  Why has it taken you so long to admit it? Arrogance or incompetence? Both?

Again, silly. He's signed the players, it's nae like he can take them back. If he'd said they were shite on day one of the season we wouldn't be sitting equal second. If anything, he should be keeping his mouth shut for another 5 games, but I can understand why he isn't. He's directly response though. This signings have been shocking. Tansey, Maynard, May, GMS, Arnason all not of the standard, or consistency of standard that we needed. All of those should have been obvious to the manager. I've seen all of those players play many times (Maynard aside) and would have advised McInnes against signing any of the, due to obvious flaws in their game (a punt on May and GMS would have been fine if both were free and were brought in alongside better signings). If I can see it, and mentioned it at the time, then why the fuck can't our scouts? I'm usually a positive person regarding new signings but it should have been obvious. These were massive positions for us given the players that left and it wasn't acceptable to take in inconsistent pish instead of the players leaving.

It's not looking good for the rest of the season.

Logan has been poor by his own standards, but Ball took that to a whole new level today. Nothing Logan has ever done for the dons has been that bad. He definitely wouldn't have let thon chunt handle his way past him (fucking disgraceful decision by the ref too).

Really? Fair leap of faith that given Logan's standards this season.

Nonsense. We're in second place in the league. There's been zero opportunity to play anything but our best team. We can't just sacrifice the league position in the hope of getting to a cup final

Not sure why I didn't realise that second place in the league was far better than the possibility of winning a cup.  Apologies. Thanks for pointing out my nonsense (as you often do).

We are a tired team, "new era" really Derek ?  Ageing players ,loanees.  :o  Today i think i seen the end of Rooney &Considines careers, both are slower than a week in Craigie.

Would like to see us sign at least 2 midfielders & possibly 3, & 2 new strikers.

Sign Stewart on a permanent deal & play G.M.S every week, Logan at r.b,Shinnie at l.b, Devlin & McKenna in the middle.    Also f.f.s Derek get some more kids involved, likes of Harvie,Wright & Ross.

Also i expect Motherwell will give one of the ugly sisters a harder game in the final, than we would have, & i hope they win it.

Still in shock to be honest, and that's with watching 60 mins of that pish, but that was enough and went to bed. Got home, after a nice evening with the mrs and spoilt it with that turgid display. Whole team needs gutting, use Lewis, McKenna, Shinnie and Stewart as the basis. The rest can fuck off. DM included imo. He hasn't the know how or balls to take us to another level, or even maintain our previous one by the looks of it.

We are a tired team, "new era" really Derek ?  Ageing players ,loanees.  :o  Today i think i seen the end of Rooney &Considines careers, both are slower than a week in Craigie.

Would like to see us sign at least 2 midfielders & possibly 3, & 2 new strikers.

Sign Stewart on a permanent deal & play G.M.S every week, Logan at r.b,Shinnie at l.b, Devlin & McKenna in the middle.    Also f.f.s Derek get some more kids involved, likes of Harvie,Wright & Ross.

Also i expect Motherwell will give one of the ugly sisters a harder game in the final, than we would have, & i hope they win it.

I'd love to know what Scott Wright has done to find himself so far out of the picture. We never started GMS or McGinn as they were carrying knocks, yet Wright still couldn't make the team when we were crying our for some pace out wide. I thought McGinn looked fucked when he come on and you could clearly see he wasn't fit.

The downside of a manager who puts his trust in the same players every week is that if you lose a few of your first picks you have unknown quantities coming in as replacements and that was what we got today, square pegs into round holes.

As bad as anything I have previously seen and seen a few horror shows over the years, but don't think I will ever witness anything as bad as Dom Balls defending at the first goal, you would have thought he must have heard of 'play to the whistle' at some point in his career up until now. Whether it was a handball or not (it was), what he did  in stopping, was criminal. Arnason as well can get to fuck after that showing today, he should know better.

I thought Stewart came out of the game with a little credit, but as for the rest....

I honestly think it would be better for us now to change our manager now, he has did a decent job with us for over 5 years and think a change would be of benefit to both the club and himself.

We need fresh ideas and a manager who really believes in youth and gives them proper runs in the first team.  Some tactical acumen and a pair of balls when playing big games wouldn't go amiss either.

Fuck that was sore.

Today i think i seen the end of Rooney &Considines careers

Rooney and Considine are completely blameless for today's fiasco. All Motherwell's attacks came down their left flank where Ball took Logan's shiteness to another level. Another poster said Logan wouldn't have allowed the first goal to happen...... possibly true as Logan would have been standing off the player so far and deep that he would instead have cut inside and fired in a shot himself. Would Joe have stopped it though? Woodman and Joe are equally bad with the ball at their feet. I rate Woodman the better shot stopper though....

We all know Rooney and May does not work. If we can see it here how come the best paid manager In Dons' history can't?

Stewart.........sorry that's it get tae fuck. Too one footed, and even that one is utter shyte. And slower than a Lada with 3 misfiring cylinders.

McKenna.......may just have played himself out of the next Scotland squad with his past two performances. And making him captain only made things worse.

Kari.......i was ok about giving him a further year till today. Bullied by a striker a full 6 inches smaller and lack of pace absolutely evident .

O'Conner........O'phuq

May........not a lot of service but the one chance he did have chose to take the shot with his weaker foot when the shot was required ( and was easier to execute) on his stronger right foot. Looks like his injury has ensured he will never be the same player he was in the last season At St J.

Nwakali.....Nwafukin idea how Man City thought this was a player....

Christie.......worst game for us by far. Looked disinterested as if he knows he is going back to Celtic prior to being sold to a lower Championship side on probably double what he is getting just now anyway.

McInnes.....out thunk by a manager with half his experience, half his salary and a budget half of ours...

Over to you Wiggy.......

The Ball at RB situation.

Imagine this as a Quentin Tarantino dramatisation.

Not the Bonnie situation. The Ball situation.

Firstly, you never recruit a man with the first name Dominic. His parents are obviously severely fucked up.

But if McInnes had witnessed Dominic's performance at RB at Parkhead, he would never have repeated his error.

He was predictably shocking. The evidence has always been there.

McInnes is a total arse. His biggest advocate, Stewrat Milne is the biggest arse in the whole of NE Scotland.

Not sure why I didn't realise that second place in the league was far better than the possibility of winning a cup.  Apologies. Thanks for pointing out my nonsense (as you often do).

That's not what I said though. However, the "possibility" of winning a cup isn't worth throwing away our league position, because it's just a possibility, which we'd inevitably fuck up in the final anyway. Would I rather win the cup than finish second? Of course, only an idiot wouldn't. Would I seriously dent our chances of finish second (or even in a european spot) by giving Dom Ball more minutes on the park than is absolutely necessary? Would I fuck, it'd make no difference anyway. We gave O'Connor some minutes in midfield in practice, Chidi was injured so couldn't play any more minutes. The rest have had plenty of game time together.

We've got a shite squad with a half decent first 11, we can only play our strongest team every week and hope for the best. Our supposed strongest team was way off the mark today.

And the possibility of getting 2nd isnt just a possibility???

A European spot? Christ.

You're missing the point. I'm not comparing one with the other, I'm saying that there was zero point in jeopardising one in the hope that it might have made a difference in the other. You've suggested that we should have "practiced" with the team from yesterday, but not backed that up with any suggestion of how that would be done. Chidi was unavailable recently, so the only thing we could have done was give Ball more minutes at right back. I'm saying that no amount of minutes would have made a difference there and that - if anything - it could have lost us more points in the league. There was no useful preparation (in terms of personnel in previous games) that I could see that would have helped for yesterday. I think he got the formation completely wrong on the day, and I would never have played Chidi, but that's neither here nor there.

We've got a shite squad because the manager allowed it to be shite.

Agreed, I've said that on heaps of occasion, and I think it's the reason for all our big defeats this season. You seem to be mistaking my suggestion that McInnes was right to do one thing with absolving him from his other mistakes? I'm nae, the squad is entirely his fault. The formation (Rooney and May up front) was entirely his fault. Playing a shite midfielder was his fault. The entire approach was his fault and he's completely to blame. I just don't believe that giving Ball extra minutes was a remotely useful exercise.