Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Scottish Cup Semi-Final

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampden is set to be less than half full for tomorrow’s Scottish Cup semi-final between Aberdeen and Motherwell. Motherwell aren’t expected to take any more than 6000 fans to the National Stadium for the 12.15pm kick-off.

And while Dons supporters will double that, large sections of the 51,000-capacity arena will be empty for a game that is being screened live by BBC Scotland and Sky Sports.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/motherwell-aberdeen-set-play-scottish-12355647

Never mind the Ugly Sisters game on Sunday is a sell out that's all that matters. :frown:

Not a lot of pregame chat and predictions. It's a cup semi final!!!

I say we'll go with -

Lewis

Ball Arnie McKenna Considine

OConnor Christie

GMS Stewart McGinn

May

Woodman Reynolds Rooney Wright Harvie Cosgrove Chidi (if fit)

I'm going with 3-1 us, Stewart, May, McKenna. I think the big Hampden field and a good surface benefit our skill and pace. Regardless of missing two of our top performers we still have 5 solid attacking players and enough at the back to hold Motherwell as we did last week.

Now then. One needs to consider how these words will be perceived.

Is it a case of speaking with pessimism to mask hidden hopes and naturally-occurring optimism?

Or simply to soften the blow in advance of any bad news that might occur?

Nope. I don't give a fuck how any cunt interprets fuck all.

I'm North East. I'm with Dr M Scott Peck. Dedication to the truth is all.

I think we will lose. 5/2 for Motherwell is ridiculously generous.

AFC sans 3 of our best players - not that we have many good footballers - ain't winning this.

McInnes couldn't inspire a grunnies tea party.

3 or 4 nil or 1.

I'm going out on a limb and predicting a bizarre absolute hammering for Motherwell akin to the St Johnstone league cup Semi-Final 4 years back. So bizarre a result the fans won't know what to do with themselves afterwards and supporters buses and pubs will be packed with dons fans all slightly zombified quietly sipping their pints/ carry outs.

Bar staff and bus drivers will be on edge wondering what the fuck is going on.

Or it will be 1-0 motherwell

Just leaving. Ridiculous time to be getting up for the fitba. Should be a good one though. 13 degrees predicted, so I won't be needing ma t-shirt.

2-3 the dons. Glorious comeback sealed with a 93rd minute winner fae Considine, after strikes from Christie and May turned around a 2 goal deficit with just 7 minutes left. I stayed until the end, while non-super-fans left in disgust. Maybe this should be in the betting thread?

Ball was correct about the handball but ffs it is drilled into your head from about 7 years old you play the whistle never stop.

The second.....unbelieveable what is Mckenna thinking about going for it on his left foot. Whatever happened to coaching 2 footedness ffs. And Joe isn't entirely blameless either .....slow to react