Wednesday 29th May 2024

Scottish League Cup Group Stage Draw - 1pm

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Killie Away 26/11

Jute

Good win, some decent performances. Shakey spell, well cancelled out by an excellent May goal. Terrible linesmanning for the disallowed goal - really bad. In a closer game that could have been costly. Whilst Reynolds was calming and decent when he came on, it was a worrying move ahead of Wednesday's game. McInnes likes to try out formations ahead of "bigger" games that he intends using. It was clear that moving back to our normal set-up today made a big difference, especially allowing McLean to play further forward and maybe getting man of the match (him or May or Shinnie or McKenna). Whilst I prefer Shinnie at left back, Considine played quite well and Shinnie did well in midfield. Based on recent evidence, I don't think Tansey and McLean or O'Connor and McLean or Tansey and O'Connor as a combo in the midfield will cut it, and the 4-2-3-1 is by far our best shape.

I'd start the same team against the hun, but consider Wright or Stewart in for GMS who was fairly gash after the first ten minutes and maybe Arneson back in for O'Connor.

As an aside, I thought the pitch was quite decent today. Killie's seems to be far truer and with a lot more give than Hamilton's for some reason. Whilst the SPFL pitches haven't started to cut up yet, it'll be happening shortly if this weather continues and that pitch is significantly better than Pittodrie has been for large spells in recent years. Arneson didn't feel he could play on it for whatever reason, but I don't think it's nearly as bad as some other surfaces - including grass pitches - in our league.

Good win against a Killie side,who have had some great results recently.  Should have been 4 1 of course, the officials got it badly wrong ,at least a yard onside, baffling !!

Thought it was a pretty strong performance throughout t.b.h.  Much harder ask on Wednesday, would be happy enough with 4 points out of a poss.6 to be honest.  My m.o.t.m was Considine today, like the look of the boy Jones at Killie,would be a good signing.

Well that was a pleasant score to wake up to!  May's goal was exactly the kind of goal I thought we'd see him score a lot more of.  Hopefully it's exactly the confidence booster he needs.

I would have loved to have seen the look on pie face's face at full time. Bastard.

Edit: My killie mate told me we hadn't lost there in seven years. Can't say I knew that at all, doesn't seem long ago when those games used to be both horrific as a spectacle as well as scoreline.