Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Red Army - Legendary

All of you lucky chunts who were there Thursday night - awesome.

Shall we sing a song for you....

Ole Ole... whilst gettin beat 5-1

Referee - warranted abuse re animal cocks etc :)

Stand Free

We're Red

Sounded Awesome - enjoy that and not the bleaching no Sky Plus ..

I know we are good all the time This was extraordinary..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr B

this part of your statement is fine

That sort of thing just embarrasses me. Same as the "conga" at the 2000 final.

this bit

LOSERS

is just a wee bit personal and argumentative and ends up with someone biting back.

please try to stop this board from becoming as polarised as kkk-chat: cos that place smells as rotten as denmark these days

and not that you can't have a disagreement on here... just you know... just...

Mr B

this part of your statement is fine

this bit

is just a wee bit personal and argumentative and ends up with someone biting back.

please try to stop this board from becoming as polarised as kkk-chat: cos that place smells as rotten as denmark these days

and not that you can't have a disagreement on here... just you know... just...

Sorry, I've just always had an issue with people celebrating defeat. I never thought we were like that, always thought we left that shite to the Tartan Army.

Personally I love the fact that the fans can show the opposition that they're still enjoying themselves despite the fact we're getting humped.  It's a two fingers up attitude, nothing you can sing at us can ruin our day.

The one thing I hate is a gloomy, silent ground when you're getting beat and the opposition fans start singing Aberdeen songs for you.  Now that hurts.

Also, why show how much you're hurting?  Wouldn't want to give them the satisfaction of knowing how painful the defeat was.

Sorry, I've just always had an issue with people celebrating defeat. I never thought we were like that, always thought we left that shite to the Tartan Army.

I think it was a case of celebrating the fact that we had SUCCEEDED in getting far enough to take on one of the best teams on the planet in their ane hoose. So we got horsed... so what?!? Any objective perusal of the two squads would have established the gulf in class - the result just confirmed it.

There is no harm whatsoever in being realistic enough to enjoy what we had achieved rather than greeting into oor pies for the rest of the game just cos we weren't as good as Bayern.

Good on all those Dandies who made it over there and sung themselves hoarse - and well done to the team and management for getting us there.

Bitter cos we didnae beat Bayern Munich?!?!!?

Erm... get a grip min!

I think it was a case of celebrating the fact that we had SUCCEEDED in getting far enough to take on one of the best teams on the planet in their ane hoose. So we got horsed... so what?!? Any objective perusal of the two squads would have established the gulf in class - the result just confirmed it.

There is no harm whatsoever in being realistic enough to enjoy what we had achieved rather than greeting into oor pies for the rest of the game just cos we weren't as good as Bayern.

Good on all those Dandies who made it over there and sung themselves hoarse - and well done to the team and management for getting us there.

Bitter cos we didnae beat Bayern Munich?!?!!?

Erm... get a grip min!

I think you're missing the point here. I don't have a problem with singing when losing, I have a problem with certain things being sung when we're losing.

I'm not bitter because we "didnae beat Bayern Munich", I never expected anything other than a pumping, but all that "Ole ..." shite is exactly that. Shite. Get some fucking self respect.

The Tartan Army thing is a myth. I've never known Scotland fans to celebrate defeat and I have been to see Scotland lose on quite a few occasions. Just think back to the Vogts era, nobody was laughing then.

First class showing from the fans last night, proud to be a Dandy!

Nice to see (in a way) that the Bolton fans came up against some harsh treatment in Madrid which re-inforces the fact that our fans were not in the wrong over there, despite what some numpties in our support would have you believe that we brought it on ourselves.

STAND FREE!!

I think you're missing the point here. I don't have a problem with singing when losing, I have a problem with certain things being sung when we're losing.

I'm not bitter because we "didnae beat Bayern Munich", I never expected anything other than a pumping, but all that "Ole ..." shite is exactly that. Shite. Get some fucking self respect.

What's the problem with having a bounce and taking the piss a bit? What's it got to do with self-respect?

Is there no place for humour in a football fan as far you are concerned?

Christ, its only a game.

(Where's that fishing smiley... oh crap, wrong forum!)

:o

What's the problem with having a bounce and taking the piss a bit?

Shouting "Ole" as we're getting royally rogered is a bounce now is it?

What's it got to do with self-respect?

Everything. Did the conga at the 2000 Cup Final not make you cringe?

That was one of the saddest days I've ever had supporting Aberdeen, do you think that having other people say "oh those Aberdeen fans doing the conga, aren't they just great sports?" pleases me in any way, shape or form? It made us look like a two bob bit team, a stupid little club with stupid little fans.

I remember going to Pittodrie in the 80's and when St Mirren used to come up their fans often would be in fancy dress. Maybe it's the memory of me thinking "They know they're going to get hammered, so that's why they do it. Thank God the Dons aren't like that", that makes me think this way. As I said before, it was obvious we were going to get skelped last night, I just can't revel in it and I've never found the funny side when the team I love loses. Just not my thing, I'm afraid.

Still in Munich, and certainy glad I was amongst the fans who cheered our goal, applauded the players for their efforts and even appreciated the home support. Of course we were all disappointed, but sitting there with a sour pus and in a foul mood is not what I would want to do.

There was certainly no celebrating defeat as you put it, more celebrating the achievements of getting this far in the first place!

Anyway, back to the beer haus as Ive had enough of this dodgy key böärd!

STÄND FREE  :beers:

Shouting "Ole" as we're getting royally rogered is a bounce now is it?

Everything. Did the conga at the 2000 Cup Final not make you cringe?

That was one of the saddest days I've ever had supporting Aberdeen, do you think that having other people say "oh those Aberdeen fans doing the conga, aren't they just great sports?" pleases me in any way, shape or form? It made us look like a two bob bit team, a stupid little club with stupid little fans.

I remember going to Pittodrie in the 80's and when St Mirren used to come up their fans often would be in fancy dress. Maybe it's the memory of me thinking "They know they're going to get hammered, so that's why they do it. Thank God the Dons aren't like that", that makes me think this way. As I said before, it was obvious we were going to get skelped last night, I just can't revel in it and I've never found the funny side when the team I love loses. Just not my thing, I'm afraid.

lighten up BB. nobody likes losing and i doubt anybody actually celebrates a defeat. its more a case fo "fuck it we are here and we've lost, lets have a good time.

Dude, I was gutted we got pumped, but I have to say that the days of it actually emotionally scarring me for days after the game are long gone thank fuck. I guess it must be my advanced age. I was fortunate enough to be around to experience the days when we were actually really, really, REALLY good - compared to that now is pretty poor, but compared to 10 years ago we're doing nae too bad.

It may be painful to accept, but we are pretty small-fry these days, at least in European terms, and have to take whatever enjoyment we can out of the big occassions we do manage to be involved in - whether that takes the form of a conga or an Ole or fitever ;D

I just hope that we get back into Europe real soon and that we do put one over one of the big boys at some point.

Dude, I was gutted we got pumped, but I have to say that the days of it actually emotionally scarring me for days after the game are long gone thank fuck. I guess it must be my advanced age. I was fortunate enough to be around to experience the days when we were actually really, really, REALLY good - compared to that now is pretty poor, but compared to 10 years ago we're doing nae too bad.

It may be painful to accept, but we are pretty small-fry these days, at least in European terms, and have to take whatever enjoyment we can out of the big occassions we do manage to be involved in - whether that takes the form of a conga or an Ole or fitever ;D

I just hope that we get back into Europe real soon and that we do put one over one of the big boys at some point.

All fair points, mate, and likewise, I remember when we were that good too. Results don't effect me for days anymore. The next day i'm forgetting about it already, just at the time I'd never feel like doing a conga, ye know.

VDA14 telling ME to lighten up!?! I'm away for a lie down...

:lolabove: :lolabove:

I tend to agree with you Bobby B, just cant celebrate defeat. I think Munich was a bit different though in the sense that for most Dandies it was a once in a lifetime opportunity!

I remember at the 5-0 v Rangers at Ibrox and a few boys started trying to sing some 'funny' song - just couldn't see it. It was, and still is, my worst day as a Dandy!

:lolabove: :lolabove:

I tend to agree with you Bobby B, just cant celebrate defeat. I think Munich was a bit different though in the sense that for most Dandies it was a once in a lifetime opportunity!

I remember at the 5-0 v Rangers at Ibrox and a few boys started trying to sing some 'funny' song - just couldn't see it. It was, and still is, my worst day as a Dandy!

each to there own in the end.

some people just take football a bit more serious than others

All fair points, mate, and likewise, I remember when we were that good too. Results don't effect me for days anymore. The next day i'm forgetting about it already, just at the time I'd never feel like doing a conga, ye know.

Also a fair point - I wouldnae have been up for joining in a conga in 2000 or any time really. It is the most stupid dance ever, and I don't drink enough before a game to lose my inhibitions (or dignity) like that! (When I have drank enough dignity soon disappears from my dictionary.)

I have to admit that I probably actually agree with you - at the time it is far from funny, but hearing the folks that were in Munich outsinging the Germans in the stands did cheer me up whilst we were losing the game on the pitch.

Here's hoping for a run in the league and possible Euro footy next year!

Having got back from Munich, all I can say is, I was so proud to be an Aberdeen fan yesterday. We were phenomenal. Best atmosphere, and yes  I participated in the ole ole business, only to give a two fingers up to the lacklustre bayern fans and actually congratulate the team in getting as far as we did. Well done. I understand what you are saying BB, but as someone said, it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, we weren't celebrating losing, just showing we sing irrespective of the result.

Not sure if this makes sense but sleep deprivation definitely catching up with me!

Stand Free.

The Tartan Army thing is a myth. I've never known Scotland fans to celebrate defeat and I have been to see Scotland lose on quite a few occasions. Just think back to the Vogts era, nobody was laughing then.

Bollocks loon we have both been at games where Scotland support have been bouncing about when team taking a beating. You have just been to pished to remember.

Gutted after last night as I am a very bad loser and hate getting beat. Just wish our players hurt as much as I do just now.

Anyway still in Munich so off to get pished again.