Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Blue and White Shite

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rightly or wrongly, the bottom line is that the club's revenue is going to be reduced because the people at the club who are paid to maximise merchandising revenue failed to predict that a blue away kit would not be popular with the majority of our supporters. The fact that we may have worn a blue away kit before most of our supporters were born doesn't make it any better of an idea.

A plain generic white kit straight out of the Adidas team wear catalogue would sell better than this, it just doesn't make any sense that it would get to the stage of it being produced and stocked without someone along the chain of approval asking "are you fucking mental?"

Fuck I got carried away talking about the top and forgot my self imposed rule never to respond to anything that Kingsford or Rocket say  - I was actually wondering the other day if they were one and the same person cause they are both so fucking annoying  :P

Rightly or wrongly, the bottom line is that the club's revenue is going to be reduced because the people at the club who are paid to maximise merchandising revenue failed to predict that a blue away kit would not be popular with the majority of our supporters. The fact that we may have worn a blue away kit before most of our supporters were born doesn't make it any better of an idea.

A plain generic white kit straight out of the Adidas team wear catalogue would sell better than this, it just doesn't make any sense that it would get to the stage of it being produced and stocked without someone along the chain of approval asking "are you fucking mental?"

This is the essence of the thing.

You have to wonder if the people in charge of stuff like this are even football fans.

An Aberdeen fan for life of course but if you lived in a different city, in a different country, with no ties at all to home, you would like to think that you could choose a team to watch.

What's the chances you would pick a team wearing blue?

Would I pick Lasio over Roma? nah

I tried to watch Ferencvaros regularly, Green and White ( some fans even wearing Celtic jerseys) I couldn't do it.

I'd a German girlfriend once, therefore my German team is Shalke 04

I'm pretty sure I'd have made an effort to go and see them if they hadn't worn blue.

Don't bother telling me to grow up, I have to be grown up about lots of things, I've no intention of being grown up about football.

Setting myself up there, I understand, but so what, the thought of being in the pub before a big match along with Dons fans wearing blue makes me want to puke.

As has been said, the main issue is who the fuck is going to actually buy that. Any plain white kit whatsoever would outsell that at least 10 times over so what are they thinking? Meanwhile complaining they don't have money.

Absolutely nothing Hunnish about it - take the blinkers off.

Anyone who says the first thing they think of when they see that isn't RANGERS are in absolute denial. It's a ballhair of darker blue off their home top this season with the pattern as well and identical to the one from the season before.

Anyone who says the first thing they think of when they see that isn't RANGERS are in absolute denial. It's a ballhair of darker blue off their home top this season with the pattern as well and identical to the one from the season before.

What utter drivel.

Over the years our club has witnessed many a drama.  The Goodwillie signing saw people 'nae gan back', the Jimmy Calderwood saga saw folk threatening to 'send the hun back to minksville' and the recent Ryan Jack fiasco saw many hoping 'some 'unt wid brak his legs'.

But this summer we has seen it all.  We have seen fights on Big Brother, we have seen Grenfell Tower burn down and we have seen terrorism on the streets.

None of them NONE of them surpass the absolute classical virtual backlash as regards the handbags over the Dons new 'Hunish' (sic) blue away kit.

Absolutely pathetic.

Have taken my time to react to this to allow time to reflect upon it.

Questionable wisdom and probably an own goal by the club's marketing department HOWEVER, there is only one issue which matters to me and that is that the kit contains the AFC badge and as such I will support my team regardless of what ill thought through colour we choose to play in.

Have taken my time to react to this to allow time to reflect upon it.

Questionable wisdom and probably an own goal by the club's marketing department HOWEVER, there is only one issue which matters to me and that is that the kit contains the AFC badge and as such I will support my team regardless of what ill thought through colour we choose to play in.

We're all gonna support the team when they play in it I would hope, I'm just choosing not to buy it