Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons vs Partick SC - Sunday

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo. Cant complain about that draw,  8)

Just back  -  Wasnt pretty but we deserved to win.Some decent interplay at times,which I wish they'd work more on,...and other spells of forgettable football,but a tough tie out the way that keeps the season ticking along.

Am reluctant to drop Rooney in the assumption he'll get back on track,but, thought Stockley was much more useful today.Won more in the air,and some clever lay offs.Did well with the scraps he got.

Shinnie and Pawlett had good games,but top Don for me was Considine.Always seemed to be in the right place at the right time,good aggresion.Looked like he'd been in there all season    :thumbsup:

A great win today and once Shinnie put us in front I had this funny feeling we were getting Hibs in the Semi, which should be a cracker of a game.

As for today a strange game. Partick I have always have a lot of time for and thought they always try to play a decent game even though they suffer from quality, especially in the final third, but I thought they were honking today and were a bit OTT with challenges at times. I thought we were decent enough and should have put the game to bed if it wasn't for some inspired saves from their keeper, especially the one from McGinns shot in the first half. Stockley and Rooney is never going to work. Two players I reckon I could easily beat in the speed stakes and worried that we seem to think Stockley is just to punt high balls up to, fair enough if chasing a game towards the end but not from the start of a game, we are a far better team than that and Stockley is a better player than that.

I thought Pawlett played well today always looking to get involved and did a lot of work in the final third, Stockely too had some good touches, Shinnie I thought was a powerhouse in midfield and cannot see him going back to left back again, also love him as captain, leads by example and not afraid to have a go at a player. It was a quality goal he scored and well deserved, he was carrying a knock at the end which seemed to be bothering him after he made that sliding challenge to win the ball in the final minutes.

Johnny at left back was a strange one, but the guy would give his all no matter what position he is asked to play.

The ref was very poor, but wouldn't have surprised anyone. I think Thistle were lucky to finish with 10 men on the park, should have had at least one other sent off during the game. They somehow managed to throw three throw in back out for a throw ins and a goal kick today, shocking stuff.

Bring on the HIVs.

Considine top don for me, with Shinnie & Taylor not far behind, was happy to see the ineffective Rooney getting hooked for a change, Stockley far more productive.

Hayes played despite being 100 %,bit of a gamble there i think.

Some baffling decisions from Craig Thomson !

Poor home crowd, decent away following.

Thanks a fuckin lot guys!!

I've been moaning about how bad redtv quality with highlights is for about 6 months .

I just realised I can change the quality of the HD. Duh.

:rofl:

I had noticed that before and had been meaning to tell you! Usually goes on to Auto as default.

Anyone know whether it's true that we oversold the jags allocation?  Some lady on twitter is saying they were all forced into a section of 600?  Would appear to be odd...

I guess we would never have to worry about it being moved for TV given we're competing with the bigot fest on Sunday. Surprised they've made it a 3pm for them. Plenty of time for drinking and fighting. Nice sensible time for our travelling fans for change  :thumbsup:

I would be surprised if this isn't televised, result if it's not though as Saturday 3pm would be amazing!  Sadly it's probably going to be a half 12 ko isn't it >:( as I cant see the glasgow rozzers accepting a half 5 between Aberdeen and HIbs.  In fairness a half fiver would be utter carnage, thats a lot of drinking time for 45000 hibs and aberdeen fans.