Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Loan Watch

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one I'd be looking to keep is Rodgers. It actually wouldnt surprise me if bids come in for Lewis this summer after the season he's just had, and with a year to go on his contract if they are realistic ( 1.5 million or so) I'd think he would be offski. However if hes still here next season I'd be looking to play Rogers in the League and Scottish Cups with a view to him taking over as number 1 in 2018/19 if he does well.

The rest should be let go as they just haven't developed into the required standard to feature even as squad members in a top 6 SPFL side. Storey and Smith may be of Kilmarnock or Motherwell standards though personally I think theyre more Morton or Dunfermline standard. Shankland I'm afraid isnt even of Championship standard, he will end up somewhere like Stranraer or Stirling Albion.

The younger boys will go back into the u20s or back out on loan. Of course Mcinnes has no track record of fast tracking youths to the first team but I firmly believe that if you are good enough you are old enough and I trust his judgement here that quite simply at present there is no one there good enough yet to make the leap.

I'm just glad that the Aberdeen fanny support have stayed in Abmad.

Phew.

Have you a problem sir? I am consistent with my approach to thread etiquette, complaining about both this one and yours. With good reason too. Oxford Don spent a good deal of effort putting up a rake of info on our loanees on the "Loan Watch" thread, which is now all wasted because - rather than do a quick search when deciding to start a new thread - this thread has now superceded it despite being the exact same subject. It takes two seconds to search for "loan" on the site and add a comment to the end of it to bring the topic, and history, right back to the top. It's just a nice thing to do, good etiquette as I mentioned.

As for your Maloney thread (now properly amalgamated into the transfers thread), donsmad became nearly unreadable because everytime we were "linked" with another player a new thread was started (Ed did delete quite a few to be fair). It's a long summer and we'll undoubtedly be linked with hunners of players before it's out, do you suggest we start a new thread each time? Maloney will/should get his own thread if/when he signs for us. Otherwise he's just some Tim cunt fae toon who is as relevant to us as Reda Johnson.

It's not a slight on you or whoever started this thread, just an observation and in my opinion all part of a healthy, well-balanced, uncluttered forum. I bet you're the type who has the audacity to not unfurl their socks afore putting them in the wash basket? You make me sick. All in jest of course, just don't do it again or I'll make my feelings clear in writing.

For the avoidance of doubt, I went by the name RicoS321 on donsmad.

Have you a problem sir? I am consistent with my approach to thread etiquette, complaining about both this one and yours. With good reason too. Oxford Don spent a good deal of effort putting up a rake of info on our loanees on the "Loan Watch" thread, which is now all wasted because - rather than do a quick search when deciding to start a new thread - this thread has now superceded it despite being the exact same subject. It takes two seconds to search for "loan" on the site and add a comment to the end of it to bring the topic, and history, right back to the top. It's just a nice thing to do, good etiquette as I mentioned.

As for your Maloney thread (now properly amalgamated into the transfers thread), donsmad became nearly unreadable because everytime we were "linked" with another player a new thread was started (Ed did delete quite a few to be fair). It's a long summer and we'll undoubtedly be linked with hunners of players before it's out, do you suggest we start a new thread each time? Maloney will/should get his own thread if/when he signs for us. Otherwise he's just some Tim cunt fae toon who is as relevant to us as Reda Johnson.

It's not a slight on you or whoever started this thread, just an observation and in my opinion all part of a healthy, well-balanced, uncluttered forum. I bet you're the type who has the audacity to not unfurl their socks afore putting them in the wash basket? You make me sick. All in jest of course, just don't do it again or I'll make my feelings clear in writing.

Ok maybe I'm barkin up the wrong tree.

I apologise

:laughing: :laughing:

Great post but you're defo a bit of a cunt, the bit in bold made me laugh just as I was taking a mouthful of tea.

:laughing: Jesus fuck, in the words of Pop from League Of Gentleman " You and I are gonna be good friends "

For the record, having now seen Oxford Don's Loan thread, I agree, he's put some fine work into it, and this has now been moved into it, rather than "Supercede " it.

Apologies Oxford, I am relatively new on here and wasn't aware of this thread.

Nae worries and cheers for resurrecting this thread, i must admit i've been a lazy-airsed bastard for the last wee while with updating it though  ;D

I can't see us keeping anyone other than Rogers or Harvie, both of whom have been the relative standouts in their respective loans. 

Storie, McKenna and Smith have all had their chances at SPL level, while Shankland is nae really looking up to even Championship level.  Lennox has been injured since the start of the year so difficult to say with him.

Dylan Thomas sadly proved to be less than poetic in L2 and has already been released by the club along with Nuttall and Robbie Mutch.

Daniel Harvie won Young Player Of The Year at Dumbarton this year. What I've read is that he played really well for them. He had a bit of a shaky start but quickly found his feet. I think he's a left-back, is he not?

harvie.jpg.8d3c9d76ad51cae3f91739f790871a9e.jpg

When i saw this, my first thought was that somewhere out there is a bloke called "SonsDaft" incandescent with rage at the award going to an Aberdeen loanee  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Cammy Smith signed for St. Mirren today.  Probably his level tbh.  As ED said to me elsewhere, frees up some cash.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/aberdeen-fc/dons-attacker-agrees-move-championship-side/?utm_source=twitter

No suprises there really, i expect McKenna, Storie and Shankland to follow suit (to the Championship that is, not necessarily to St Mirren).

Danny Rogers 2nd choice for Falkirk. Seen him make 2 or 3 massive blunders in championship. Not a commanding presence in box.

By "2nd choice", do you mean the way he's played 32 games for Falkirk this season as their No.1 keeper with 9 losses and 8 clean sheets?

Or are you talking about the previous season, 2015/16, when he played every game for Falkirk, won Championship Player of the Month twice, and was named in the PFA Championship Team of the Season?

Then again, perhaps you're confusing Falkirk with Dumbarton, where he played every game of the 2014/15 season and won both Dumbarton Player of the Year and Young Player of the Season awards.

Or is it his club and international appearances you are mixing up - after all, he only managed 4 clean sheets in 13 appearances at U-21 level for Republic of Ireland, and didn't even get on the pitch he got called up to the senior squad at the age of 22 last October.

Whichever it is, i can see where you're coming from.  Quite frankly, he's clearly shit.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oxford, what happened to these updates eh?  ;)

Hemmin, I'm too busy moaning about the Scotland manager (whoever he is).

We seem to have only two players out on loan at the moment  - Connor McLennan to Brechin (although I keep seeing mentions of him being released last month) and Bruce Anderson to Elgin City.  Or a meringue?

From last year's loanees, Aaron Lennox, Dylan Thomas, Cammy Smith, Lawrence Shankland have all been punted

Craig Storie, Daniel Harvie, Danny Rogers and Scott McKenna all moved up to 1st team for this year.

Hemmin, I'm too busy moaning about the Scotland manager (whoever he is).

We seem to have only two players out on loan at the moment  - Connor McLennan to Brechin (although I keep seeing mentions of him being released last month) and Bruce Anderson to Elgin City.  Or a meringue?

From last year's loanees, Aaron Lennox, Dylan Thomas, Cammy Smith, Lawrence Shankland have all been punted

[bCraig Storie][/b, Daniel Harvie, Danny Rogers and Scott McKenna all moved up to 1st team for this year.

Christ, he's still alive ;)

Christ, he's still alive ;)

Me or Storie?  The jury's till oot on me  ;)

I can only assume we've kept Storie on as cheap cover, I expected him to go the same way as Cammy Smith.  Mind you, I also expected McKenna to go too, he's surprised me the last few games, good on the lad.

Quick summary of our two loanees then:

Bruce Anderson (CF) @ Elgin City (L2):  Joined Elgin at the end of August for his first taste of regular senior football, made an immediate impact by scoring a double against Berwick (Elgin lost 3:2) followed by another against Montrose (Elgin won 2:0).  Has played full 90 in the 2 league games since then.

Connor McLennan (CF) @ Brechin City (CH): Went back to Brechin after a promising 1 month emergency loan last season where he scored once in 3 appearances for the then-league1 club.  Has started all 6 games since joining them at end of August, but no goals so far in a seriously struggling Brechin side that has only managed 2 points from 30 in the Championship.