Scotland v Canada 22/03

Jute

Who has played a whole 4 games in 2017 including one where he was sent off against Sutton United.

Quicker Strachen and the other cunt are out the better.

FFS guys, could Consi be any worse a call up or the boy Lindsay at Partick if you wanted a younger player starting out.

Hope Canada do us and then we lose the qualifier as well and get right of this pair of arrogant incompetent cunts before March is out

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know i'm not adding anything new here but wtf have we done as a club to WGS to annoying him to the point where he'll call up total unknowns to the first team squad rather than use even one of our players?!

The team at the top of the league has 6 players in the squad but the team clear in second can't even get one... makes no sense unless there is an agenda.

I'll always support my country and hope they win in whatever competition they take part in but Strachan and McGoo... i wish them nothing but ill will! What a pair of pricks they are!

It's absolutely stunning and saddening that they are an important part of our clubs history yet we think of them in this way!  :-[

Excerpt from the latest 'Red Final' asking that same question...

"But for me the real reason McGhee (and Strachan too) has a problem with Aberdeen is all about Gothenburg. Because it doesn’t matter what they do, the most significant thing they will ever be a part of in their careers was Gothenburg. And for some reason, un-like the other members of the squad, somehow that is beneath them. I think it’s an ego thing. It’s not us that’s the problem, it’s really Sir Alex Ferguson’s far greater talent and achievements that dwarfs their own. He made them, he got the maximum out of them, he got inside their heads. And they’ve never achieved anything as big, or been able to do the same as him. While others appear delighted to have been a part of it, they take it out on Aberdeen"

I guarantee you'd never heard of him, or seen him play, before his call up.

Me neither obviously. Hopefully Strachan only continuing his pathetic reign for the next week, so I can take a wee bit of interest again.

Actually Rico I got really pished one night however at the same time I stood in a dog poo while pissing in the street.

Now as I'm standing on one leg cleaning the shit off my shoe, I happen to lean on a drain pipe but it's loose and I fall over and break my arm.

Next I'm taken to hospital and some nurse comes in with a cup of tea for me.we get chatting and she tells me her son is a great football player.

Over the next few months or so, I start falling in love with Mrs Cooper and get regular visits from her son Liam asking me about the Dons.

He tells me his dream is to play for Scotland in a few years. (At this point , he is only 14)

So you're wrong...I know him very well.

Good luck to him too.

The point being..if we can replace any of our donkey defence, then grab em.

Excerpt from the latest 'Red Final' asking that same question...

"But for me the real reason McGhee (and Strachan too) has a problem with Aberdeen is all about Gothenburg. Because it doesn’t matter what they do, the most significant thing they will ever be a part of in their careers was Gothenburg. And for some reason, un-like the other members of the squad, somehow that is beneath them. I think it’s an ego thing. It’s not us that’s the problem, it’s really Sir Alex Ferguson’s far greater talent and achievements that dwarfs their own. He made them, he got the maximum out of them, he got inside their heads. And they’ve never achieved anything as big, or been able to do the same as him. While others appear delighted to have been a part of it, they take it out on Aberdeen"

I read a blog recently which made the same claim (may well be the same article which ended up in TRF).  It had quotes from McGhee from the 80s which displayed his resentment for the club and some of it's players, Miller seemed to take the brunt of it ("for some it's enough to be the King of Aberdeen"). 

I'm not sure how accurate any of this is but it's certainly as good a theory as any.  Strachan in particular has been quick to play down the achievement of Gothenburg in the past, to the point he's almost rude about it.

I don't agree with McLeish's assessment that Shinnie and McLean have to turn it on against Celtic.  While I think both have to step up to that level for Aberdeen's sake, John McGinn certainly isn't having to do that to get picked for the national side so why should Shinnie and McLean?

The national team manager should have an obligation to the Scottish game. Constantly turning away from the Scots at the country's 2nd best side will ultimately hurt the domestic game. If good players believe they won't get picked for their country playing here, they will move to England where for many, their progression will be stifled. This could then lead to more foreigners coming into our game which doesn't help the national side either.

The national team manager should have an obligation to the Scottish game. Constantly turning away from the Scots at the country's 2nd best side will ultimately hurt the domestic game. If good players believe they won't get picked for their country playing here, they will move to England where for many, their progression will be stifled. This could then lead to more foreigners coming into our game which doesn't help the national side either.

^^^^This. It is an obligation and it should be hammered home. If Jack leaves in the summer, citing lack of international recognition, the club should go to town and sue the SFA. That'd set the cat into the chicken-hoose. The SPL should be the default for the manager, not some no-mark Leeds cunt with a Scottish friend of the neighbour. Even if it is tokenism and he doesn't believe in it, it's hugely important to promote the game from within. I've been to a lot of Scotland games over a number of years and I enjoy it, but it's really difficult these days when you see the snub to our own league. I don't think it would be contentious to say that - at present - supporting Scotland is detrimental to Scottish fitba. I wouldn't suggest that people stop supporting them in their hooses, but I would strongly suggest that any Aberdeen fan didn't give money to the SFA in support of the national team (I went to the recent Hampden Lithuania game and those before and am happy to admit to being a part of the problem).

I'll trundle out my old adage.

When it comes to international sport, I'll support the team  with the least Englishmen in it.

I don't expect I will be supporting Scotland this weekend ( nae even in my ain hoose)

I punched the air a few months back when Poland scored a last minute goal against England B

What's more, I meant it.

I hope Slovenia thrash the bastards.

I don't agree with McLeish's assessment that Shinnie and McLean have to turn it on against Celtic.  While I think both have to step up to that level for Aberdeen's sake, John McGinn certainly isn't having to do that to get picked for the national side so why should Shinnie and McLean?

Totally agree with this point. In the same vein as McGinn not having to turn it on against Septic, who do the Septic players have to turn it on against? Sevco?  :laughing: And there's 6 of them picked for the squad! In theory our players have to perform to a higher standard than those green and grey minks do.

I'm never impressed with anything big Eck has to say these days, it's just rambles from him!

^^^^This. It is an obligation and it should be hammered home. If Jack leaves in the summer, citing lack of international recognition, the club should go to town and sue the SFA. That'd set the cat into the chicken-hoose. The SPL should be the default for the manager, not some no-mark Leeds cunt with a Scottish friend of the neighbour. Even if it is tokenism and he doesn't believe in it, it's hugely important to promote the game from within. I've been to a lot of Scotland games over a number of years and I enjoy it, but it's really difficult these days when you see the snub to our own league. I don't think it would be contentious to say that - at present - supporting Scotland is detrimental to Scottish fitba. I wouldn't suggest that people stop supporting them in their hooses, but I would strongly suggest that any Aberdeen fan didn't give money to the SFA in support of the national team (I went to the recent Hampden Lithuania game and those before and am happy to admit to being a part of the problem).

He's made terrible decisions since being appointed as manager of the national team but I totally disagree with your point.

Surely his job is to get us to world cups etc and he's no chance by picking players I a shite league playing against lesser teams and players in that league.

The EPL has better players, therefore better skills , therefore more to learn from in regarding every player.

Surely because that standard is hugely superior to the SPL, the players should be of a better pedigree?

I hate Scott brown being in the team no matter his experience or skill lever which isn't that great btw.he hides in big Scotland games or is outplayed and he fucking gave up on us anyway the cunt.

Shinnie and McLean deserve their place without a doubt but to say Strachan should be trying to find talent in our league when its abundant elsewhere at a far higher lever is ridiculous.

And Cooper is eligible through Scottish blood...for me that's a big yes yes.

He also has the desire hopefully which is more than other cunts who hide in Scotland shirts or are just not good enough.

Yer Broon, both fletchers, Hutton (who I used to rate) Hanley, Berra, McGinn,

Glad Strachan is hopefully bringing back Rhodes who is brilliant. And picking SOME players on merit even at the expense of 2 of our players.

COME ON SCOTLAND.

(But fuck Strachan and mcGoo)

He's made terrible decisions since being appointed as manager of the national team but I totally disagree with your point.

Surely his job is to get us to world cups etc and he's no chance by picking players I a shite league playing against lesser teams and players in that league.

The EPL has better players, therefore better skills , therefore more to learn from in regarding every player.

Surely because that standard is hugely superior to the SPL, the players should be of a better pedigree?

I hate Scott brown being in the team no matter his experience or skill lever which isn't that great btw.he hides in big Scotland games or is outplayed and he fucking gave up on us anyway the cunt.

Shinnie and McLean deserve their place without a doubt but to say Strachan should be trying to find talent in our league when its abundant elsewhere at a far higher lever is ridiculous.

And Cooper is eligible through Scottish blood...for me that's a big yes yes.

He also has the desire hopefully which is more than other cunts who hide in Scotland shirts or are just not good enough.

Yer Broon, both fletchers, Hutton (who I used to rate) Hanley, Berra, McGinn,

Glad Strachan is hopefully bringing back Rhodes who is brilliant. And picking SOME players on merit even at the expense of 2 of our players.

COME ON SCOTLAND.

(But fuck Strachan and mcGoo)

Eh? You're not even backing up your own point here. Rhodes plays for Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship, the league in which a lot of our players play in (including Cooper). The dons have arguably played against better teams this season than any championship side (the Tims are better than any Championship side for example, plus we played in europe). The difference between Championship and SPL is negligible (SPL is possibly worse, but also different style). Let's say it is worse though, Strachan's job isn't to pick players based on which league they play in, his job is to pick players who are on form and good enough. Your (and Strachan's) method of selection sees players on the bench for championship sides playing ahead of those playing consistently for the second best team in the SPL. That simply doesn't add up. Grant Hanley only playing 8 games in the championship this season should make him ineligible. I'm not making an argument for dropping Snodgrass here, the talent is not "abundant" at that level as you suggest.

The notion that the Scotland manager has no duty to the game in this country is perhaps a fair one. I think he should. When things are borderline, he should always side with the SPL. We can see with the interest in tonight's game how ignoring the game in your own country fairs. You mention that

You name Scott Brown, who has been excellent in his Scotland career. I've been to many games where he was the best player on the park. That doesn't mean I think he should retire and un-retire at will however. Darren Fletcher has also had an excellent Scotland career with some great games. It's noticeable that the people who criticise him don't generally see him in the flesh (that's not a criticism of you by the way), as his covering of the back four of camera and work off the ball in general is excellent. Hutton is a perfect example of what I mention above, where a player is simply included because of the league he plays in. A fit Hutton could be amazing, but an unfit Hutton was like playing with a man down.

Rhodes is an excellent player, he's on form, scoring goals and not long ago was the most prolific striker in the 'U.K.' Leagues.

Hanley is pish and should never be chosen.

I've watched Scott Brown and Fletcher in every Scotland game they've played in nearly and when it comes to stepping up and taking the game by the scruff of the neck against good opposition, they really have.

I hated Fletcher in the Scotland team. He was a Barry Ferguson who side passed and was certainly not the midfield playmaker everyone thought he was. Yeah he kept possession blah blah.how many killer balls through defences did he make?he was one of the most overrated capped players in recent times.

I still rate the thumb as his record speaks for itself but again he needs to start scoring when given the chance though it's been minimal of course as has Rhodes'.

Steven Fletcher has had his chance and I wouldn't pick him.

We desperately need to find a new defence especially the centre halves. We have lost so many games because of donkeys playing there.

If Strachan can find anyone from any league that are better than them or at least try them (hopefully as in Cooper) , then I'm all for it.

THE Celtic players picked merit it I feel as they play in a club with plenty skill and confidence as do Aberdeen players who are on form.

Can't think of anyone playing in Scotland who should be in the national set up other than who I've mentioned.

I hate Strachans choices usually because he sticks to the same format who don't perform for him but I think bringing in Frazer, Rhodes, Cooper, and even Armstrong who has only recently found good form.

Probably a first for me but I'm with Donsdaft on this one. I hope Canada win in front of a record low crowd and then Slovenia utterly horse us and expedite the removal or resignations of Strachan and Magoo. We aint going to qualify for the play offs so a new manager needs as much time as possible to try to repair the damage done by the present incumbents.

Goes without saying that I also hope that incompetent hun apologist Regan gets his jotters at the same time. If he is allowed to continue the next manager may well be some has been English git like Pardew or Curbishley....

The guy is a lunatic.

A majority of our players are not playing regularly, so that's what we'll be using the game for - to win, to make ourselves feel better for ourselves and these guys who have not played for a while to play as many minutes as they can," he said.

If he's picking players that aren't playing for their clubs (which has been covered by others), you really have to question his methodology. I feel bad for Tony doc as it should be an honour, and he's quite rightly proud, but these two cunts have soured it.

Probably a first for me but I'm with Donsdaft on this one. I hope Canada win in front of a record low crowd and then Slovenia utterly horse us and expedite the removal or resignations of Strachan and Magoo. We aint going to qualify for the play offs so a new manager needs as much time as possible to try to repair the damage done by the present incumbents.

Goes without saying that I also hope that incompetent hun apologist Regan gets his jotters at the same time. If he is allowed to continue the next manager may well be some has been English git like Pardew or Curbishley....

You're getting your wish, 1-0 already  :rofl:

We are all over them in a try out friendly .

Calm doon everyone ha.

Though his decision to play Wallace and Berra is ridiculous.

Why not put Rhodes on ffs????

And Fletcher can fuck off.

Is he the 3rd most capped player ever? Are you fucking kidding me? Guys a big chump and a fucking joke of a player.

Anya and snodgrass linking up well by the sounds of it.

Get wee frazer on, rhodes and Cooper ffs Strachan.

Wtf?????

McGinn instead of Frazer???

Strachan ur a dick

Why do you insist on putting a "Z" in Fraser's name? He was injured, and wasn't on the bench (in the stand, perhaps you saw him).

Anyway, Rhodes? Really isn't the amazing player you're making him out to be. He's been pish for Scotland in every game he's played.

Anyway 2, that'll hopefully be the end of Strachan after Sunday. Clueless fud. He'll make a couple of flippant remarks in his interview afterward to further cement his lack of respect before telling everyone how great Chris Martin and Lee Wallace are. McGhee will follow up with a comment about how Canada are nowhere near the 117th team in the world.

Didn't realise FRASER was injured since I'm 16,000 km away and I didn't see the team sheet or players problems/injuries before the game which was at 4.45am.

Rhodes didn't miss a sitter as it was behind him slightly but he still should've got a shot on goal I think.

And I'd take Rhodes any day over that hiding donkey Fletcher who you admire so much.

194 competitive goals in his career should've merited a constant place years ago as a starter.

I could only read the game with page updates but Fletcher was only mentioned once. Is this our 3rd most capped player hiding again?

Get Berra, Wallace and Mulgrew tae fuck.

Was always going to be a draw or a 2-1 win for Scotland I reckon.

A game to hopefully eek out the dross.

So was impostor Wallace finally shown up and found his level? I've been sick to the back of my teeth with telling Huns he's a waste of air, would please me immensely to know he had an absolute stinker. Not that the rest of the back line are any good anyway. Hopefully this is just another step in the right direction to bring the end of that hateful team of regan, Strachan and magoo.