Sunday 12 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Hibernian v Aberdeen

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Sevconians - Dons - Sat 3PM

I say ego because of the credit and praise McInnes has had over the year. This has been given and rightly so but that certainly has boosted DM's confidence and ego. You start to believe in yourself even more and feel you are always right because what you have done pays off. Now we're at a stage where DM is having trouble and is being questioned. Making changes and doing what the fans/pundits say could be perceived as admitting defeat/you were wrong which creates self doubt and criticism for being wrong. It makes you seem human and normal..........that's tough for a coach to do especially since he's had nothing but praise and credit for years. It takes a bigger man to change with the times/admit defeat and make changes and few coaches can do that - they win or lose their way. Fergie was a very strong willed guy but had multiple assistants from multiple nationalities to give differing perspectives and that helped him change with the times, change methods, ideas etc. It will be interesting if DM can do likewise......it doesn't appear he can so far.

Make any sense??

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should have won the league last year, he has had an easy ride last 2 seasons, he doesnt have the nous nor strength to take the team further, the aberdeen disease is now a contagion, no heart, no real will to battle, unfit  players , not at peak physicality... familiar story.. when you make ryan jack your captain, you send a message..

Spot on, Charlie Nicholas said in his interview midweek that in the Cup Final, Hayes looked uncomfortable when he had the ball as he was clearly too worried about his defensive duties. I have never seen Hayes perform as bad as he did last week in a Dons jersey, even when he's not at his best, like today, he still whips in crosses and beats a man or 2.

He was very shyte under Craig Brown, where he was used more to defend than attack and that is just a waste.

Horrible day. 

What a day to try a 3 at the back - and as the graphic earlier in the thread showed - trying a back 3 and choosing not to pick the one mainstay in that area of the park all season.  As soon as I saw the line up I said that O'Connor was carrying the can for the cup final disaster in DM's eyes. If DM wants to try a 3 at the back, O'Connor had to be the middle man, simple as that. An off form and out of confidence Reynolds should never have been the choice. Taylor is just abysmal. Never a footballer in a million years.  The set up meant Logan was drifting too far in-field at times and sometimes too far forward and Wallace nearly scored as a result of the huge gap he left.

Considine gave away so many daft free kicks today and they scored from the first, the softest foul of the day and 100% avoidable.  They take a quick-ish free kick and we're sleeping.  The whole episode was us not doing the basics properly.

Massive problem for us today was Johnny Hayes - seemed to be drifting around the front positions as usual, but then he was receiving the ball on the half way line with his back to goal.  That is not, and never will be Johnny's game.  Could understand it if we gave him support, he laid it off and then spun his man for the return but that never looked like happening today.

The midfield was better than last week in that we actually made a couple of tackles, but on the ball we are too ponderous.  Jack drove us on a couple of times today and that's great to see but he has to do that more and still has to offer us more in general.

Stockley's header .... dear fuck. That goes in I think we go on to win it as it was a fairly even match between two pretty bad sides at that point.  Not sure if it's true, but one of our group today got a text from someone watching the Red TV international feed which said in DMs post match presser he said that if it was Rooney with that header it was a goal. No idea if this is accurate - anyone confirm? If true, that's a monumental fuck up from our manager on a few fronts.

A really sad indictment of McInnes though is his lack of a plan B, as we all know.  Stockley off for Rooney. Nothing changes. What did he think was going to come of that?  But his masterplan, the one that works ALL the time, 2-0 down away from home, let's put Ash Taylor up front for the last two minutes.  Has that ever worked?

A lot of talk in the Dons end today that McGinn and DM have had a huge falling out - relationship totally broken down.  Again, don't know how true it is but there was certainly a fair bit of chat about it.

A pretty horrible seven days for Dons fans. This month is 30 years since my first Dons game.  I'm struggling to remember such a disappointing week in that time.

And another thing... choosing to get into a fight with the cunts when we're 2-0 down is too little too late. Fight them from the start and see where it takes us. Spineless bastards.

The players came over and applauded the fans, the only one I could take seriously was Joe Lewis.  Great commitment to the cause and made a marvellous save at 2-0.

I've looked at both forums and everyone is blaming the manager.

Yes, he is at fault for the defence however...

Shinnie hasn't been playing very well recently and didn't today.

Hayes can run all day down the left wing and beat 20 players if he wants, but if he puts in the f*cking sh*ttest of crosses every time..id rather Wright replaced him to be honest.

Hardly heard Logan's name all game.

Ash Taylor defending at the first goal was abysmal.let Miller run right past him.wheres the man marking?

I actually thought Conso was man of the match for us by a mile.

Stockley's miss was unforgivable however I'd stick with him as he did quite a bit of defending too.

Akin to this^^ the final ball by every single player was f*cking terrible.

Worst I've seen for a while.

We MUST work on that aspect of our game.

Too many players trying to get the glory for themselves when the better option is to slide a short pass to the side in the oppositions box.maddison was guilty of that too.

The Huns have a good team and can pass the ball around but their strikers should be contained easily.they aren't very good.neither are ouRs unfortunately.

Lewis had a brilliant save at the end.

I still think he should've stood his ground for their second goal.

Glad to see Pawlett having a go and well done Jack for gettin stuck in (though sent off) at the end.GARNER is a dirty Hun chunt.

No idea why DM didn't put Burns on to run at them.

I would bring in Storey for midfield on Tuesday. Drop Hayes and put Wright on left wing for 60 minutes.

P*ss poor result once again against the weegies

Ffs

Im watching the celtic v motherwell game.

How tha f*ck did motherwell lose that.

Why cant we go at them like that????????????

Because our manager "knows best".......

We dont need to be in their faces all the time, we can let them have the ball, then hit them on the counter, Eh Derek?

Or maybe just let them have the ball and go three fvcking nil up before we make a substitution or change!!!  >:(

I've looked at both forums and everyone is blaming the manager.

Yes, he is at fault for the defence however...

Shinnie hasn't been playing very well recently and didn't today.

Hayes can run all day down the left wing and beat 20 players if he wants, but if he puts in the f*cking sh*ttest of crosses every time..id rather Wright replaced him to be honest.

Hardly heard Logan's name all game.

Ash Taylor defending at the first goal was abysmal.let Miller run right past him.wheres the man marking?

I actually thought Conso was man of the match for us by a mile.

Stockley's miss was unforgivable however I'd stick with him as he did quite a bit of defending too.

Akin to this^^ the final ball by every single player was f*cking terrible.

Worst I've seen for a while.

We MUST work on that aspect of our game.

Too many players trying to get the glory for themselves when the better option is to slide a short pass to the side in the oppositions box.maddison was guilty of that too.

The Huns have a good team and can pass the ball around but their strikers should be contained easily.they aren't very good.neither are ouRs unfortunately.

Lewis had a brilliant save at the end.

I still think he should've stood his ground for their second goal.

Glad to see Pawlett having a go and well done Jack for gettin stuck in (though sent off) at the end.GARNER is a dirty Hun chunt.

No idea why DM didn't put Burns on to run at them.

I would bring in Storey for midfield on Tuesday. Drop Hayes and put Wright on left wing for 60 minutes.

P*ss poor result once again against the weegies

Agree with some of this, Considine prob. was my m.o.t.m & Hayes does indeed need dropped, very poor just now, bring in young Scott Wright or even Wes Burns.

Myles Storey must be tearing his hair out.

Both McGinn & Pawlett were taken on far too late yesterday, should have been on just after half time.

I dont agree they are a good side, i think they are piss poor t.b.h ! if we finish below them in the league, we will have had a bad season.

Agree with some of this, Considine prob. was my m.o.t.m & Hayes does indeed need dropped, very poor just now, bring in young Scott Wright or even Wes Burns.

Myles Storey must be tearing his hair out.

Both McGinn & Pawlett were taken on far too late yesterday, should have been on just after half time.

I dont agree they are a good side, i think they are piss poor t.b.h ! if we finish below them in the league, we will have had a bad season.

Agree with this, having seen them a few times, they are absolutely rotten which makes yesterday all the more harder to take. Forget the bogey, forget who it is, they are a horrific team. Losing to them or finishing below them is not acceptable nor an option imo.

Just watched their goals, fuck me. Embarrassing. If we're defending like that we deserve to lose. Worse than school boy stuff. McIness, play the fucking right players in the right positions. Idiot.

McInnes needs to get over his subordinate attitude towards Celtic and Rangers.  His post match quote about "frustrating a good Rangers team for long periods" is embarrassing but is a reflection of his mindset.  For goodness sake all the evidence is this is a poor Rangers team who we should have been able to deal with comfortably, yet his super cautious approach appears to constantly bring our players DOWN to the level of others.  The guy needs to grow a set of balls and start building our club up with words AND actions.

McInnes needs to get over his subordinate attitude towards Celtic and Rangers.  His post match quote about "frustrating a good Rangers team for long periods" is embarrassing but is a reflection of his mindset.  For goodness sake all the evidence is this is a poor Rangers team who we should have been able to deal with comfortably, yet his super cautious approach appears to constantly bring our players DOWN to the level of others.  The guy needs to grow a set of balls and start building our club up with words AND actions.

Yip!!

Haven't been able to bring myself to watch the highlights. I didn't make it to the game. I've not even really been able to bring myself to read this thread other than the last page through utter embarrassment. I had a bad feeling as soon as I saw the team line up.

I ken I'm nae a football manager but for fuck sake why can't we play our strongest team rather than trying to adapt to counter the shittest rangers team ever? McInnes' attitude is embarrassing. The result last weekend at Hampden was a fucking embarrassment too.

I'm thankful to McInnes for what he has done for us recently but if he can't take us further (and I think he can if he's willing to learn from really obvious mistakes) then he should GTF to fuck now so we can appoint some other fud to embarrass us against the Old Firm. Nae happy at all. 3 home games in the next 8 days and can't be arsed with any of them now.

Correct, and in my opinion, it's clearly rubbing off on the players, they look rather disappointed and genuinely uninterested. They know we are better than we are showing, but they are only following the managers instructions, he is 100% to blame for this past weeks pish.